IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

29 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

To be fair to SL the interviewer did ask him directly about the Bears and specifically about the contrast in experience between DH and Pat Lam, so he had to ralk about the rugby.

Fair enough.

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I am a rugby fan but does Steve imagine that if the Bears were struggling their fans would be consoled if City were top of the table?!

He really doesn't understand the mentality of sports fans at all.

I think that was made clear when we appointed Holden whilst our stock was high. In comparison the Rugby club get the best available to them, we get the pound shop equivalent.

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not as bad as that Rog 

More

If we get relegated back to League One, take enjoyment from the Bears at the top of the Premiership’

??

Thinking about that it's vicious..

Sticking the knife in and twisting...

Seems bitter & angry with us,,the fans if you ask me.....

I get the impression that SL has lost touch with the Bristol City fans.

He's totally motivated by Bristol Sport imo. It's his baby...his dream. It clouds his judgement. He loves the idea so much, that he thinks football fans  feel the same way...and that we feel connected to Bristol Sport. I know I don't...couldn't give a toss about the rest of it tbh. 

To bring the Bears into the equation during the interview proves that imo. It's now his mindset...and he expects us to follow.

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

'failing football manager gets a bit of abuse on a football forum he doesn't read'

Surely anyone taking the job knows that it goes with the territory?

As others have said, he's been lucky there are no fans at matches...but I feel for the bloke. Out of his depth and sinking fast.

Should it though? It’s almost like a Rovers fans reply to Mark Little on Twitter about racism - his fault for being on social media and reading it apparently!

No one deserves personal abuse for just not being good enough at their job. He’s not intentionally doing badly

Same applied for Lee. Too many people resorted to personal insults for some sad reason.

7 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Thinking about that it's vicious..

Sticking the knife in and twisting...

Seems bitter & angry with us,,the fans if you ask me.....

More

Out of touch with the ‘average fan’ 

Dont know whether you’ve listened SOF but their wasn’t much previously seen arrogance - he’s clearly cheesed off , and I’d say ‘rattled’

Even talked about looking at his own performance

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's totally motivated by Bristol Sport imo. It's his baby...his dream. It clouds his judgement. He loves the idea so much, that he thinks football fans  feel the same way...and that we feel connected to Bristol Sport. I know I don't...couldn't give a toss about the rest of it tbh. 

To bring the Bears into the equation during the interview proves that imo. It's now his mindset...and he expects us to follow.

I thought that was a telling comment also.
He has lost track of the football. Relied on the SNAKE ? too much.

Big changes are coming.

26 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I'm a Rugby fan too and that infuriated me just as much. It's bizarre how he can get one thing very right (the thing he believes he knows less about) but the other wrong. 

He clearly believes he is the reason why we did the double in 2015 too.  Borderline delusional 

I’m a Bath fan as my uncle used to take to watch when I was younger, so no I don’t really take any joy out of where Bristol are in the league.

Imagine how Rovers orientated, Bristol rugby fans would feel if it was the other way around and he said at least the football club are doing well ?

(not heRd the actual comments btw just going off the reaction here)

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Should it though? It’s almost like a Rovers fans reply to Mark Little on Twitter about racism - his fault for being on social media and reading it apparently!

No one deserves personal abuse for just not being good enough at their job. He’s not intentionally doing badly

Same applied for Lee. Too many people resorted to personal insults for some sad reason.

Except it's not like Mark Little's situation is it? Not even almost like it. No one on here would defend that.

Unless I've missed something the worst that's said about Holden is that he's dull and uninspiring. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

It's not Lansdowns fault he was asked about Bristol rugby by the guy asking the questions

It wasn't so much that it was mentioned, more his suggestion that the rugby club doing well would be some consolation for City fans...

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Blimey Gregor, you didn’t hold back fella. It’s definitely worth a listen on City’s Twitter feed as GMcG tells Holden some appalling statistics of our season so far and Dean’s reply was “I don’t want you in our changing rooms tomorrow night, Gregor”.

I’ve never heard anybody go for a City gaffer like that. 

Media team trying to bury the press conference tweets - notice how prolific they’ve been tonight about minutiae 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Oh right. I must have not heard that bit

courtesy of Gregor:

SL: "Pat Lam is an exceptional coach. The likes of a Pat Lam in football is equivalent to a Pep Guardiola... We're not quite in that category at the moment. We have to build to that. I understand that envy. Enjoy what the Bears are doing."

Personally - as someone with zero interest in rugby - I neither envy the 'Bears' nor take any enjoyment from anything they achieve.

And even if I did it wouldn't compensate for having season ticket to watch turgid football.

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Around the 21 minute mark. 

Blimey Lew

Nit having heard the press conference I thought you were joking about Gregor- Fair play to the bloke

The first three appeared reporters to be psychology students only interested in rebuilding morale and coping

In steps Gregor with some direct and pertinent football questions ???

( Don't think Dean was best pleased )

Have to say - I was pretty unimpressed with Deans answers throughout - extremely unconvincing 

Lots of ‘We Stay strong ’ ‘ puff my chest out ‘ ‘Looked at ourselves’ etc etc  and repeat , and repeat 

All a bit mild Churchillian 

Very few indications he has any idea what’s wrong,  let alone the solutions

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thank you, just listening. Terrible answers to Gregor from Holden, he couldn’t handle it.

‘We’re in a terrible position as a country’?? Completely irrelevant answer. No answer about how to improve us statistically. Very poor off the cuff. 

A lot of cliches and waffle to be blunt

56 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's just twisting what was said

It was put to SL that football fans look on with envy when they see a coach of the quality of Pat lamb at the Bears.

SL did not bring up rugby 

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

That's just twisting what was said

It was put to SL that football fans look on with envy when they see a coach of the quality of Pat lamb at the Bears.

SL did not bring up rugby 

No, but I'm pretty sure the word envy came from SL. And enjoy the Bears' success, certainly did.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Shouldn’t have said the bit about football fans enjoying the bears success but it was brought into the equation because the interviewer asked him about the rugby management. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thank you, just listening. Terrible answers to Gregor from Holden, he couldn’t handle it.

‘We’re in a terrible position as a country’?? Completely irrelevant answer. No answer about how to improve us statistically. Very poor off the cuff. 

Yep, not sure what that answer was about, as it has no relevance to us as you say. Seemed like a panic reply...

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Blimey Lew

Nit havingbhear the press conference I thought you were joking about Gregor- Fair play to the bloke

The first three appeared reporters to be psychology students only interested in rebuilding morale and coping

In steps Gregor with some direct and pertinent football questions ???

( Don't think Dean was best pleased )

Have to say - I was pretty unimpressed with Deans answers throughout - extremely unconvincing 

Lots of ‘We Stay strong ’ ‘ puff my chest out ‘ ‘Looked at ourselves’ etc etc  and repeat , and repeat 

All a bit mild Churchillian 

Very few indications he has any idea what’s wrong,  let alone the solutions

A lot of cliches and waffle to be blunt

I was pleasantly surprised, it was a very blunt and straight talking interview. You can hear in Dean’s voice he was glad to see the back of him...

1 minute ago, SedRA said:

Shouldn’t have said the bit about football fans enjoying the bears success but it was brought into the equation because the interviewer asked him about the rugby management. 

SL also missed the point about appointing a coach with previous experience / success and turned into comparing Lam to Pep 

We aren’t expecting Pep Mr Lansdown , Just somebody competent , ( not another aporentice Head Coach project)  and one who has experience and a track record

Like Cotts And GJ did... ....just an idea Steve

4 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Not gonna happen. It’s either Lansdown - some dodgy plastic Sheik or a ‘pound shop’ Bond villain like Vincent Tan.?

I think a club like Brighton have the very best version of a Steve Lansdown. A local billionaire in Tony Bloom who genuinely seems to have a strong connection with the fans and seemingly makes a lot of right decisions on and off the field.

Archived