IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The overarching thing I got from SL there was the feeling of ‘I shouldn’t have to be ******* doing this again’. You can hear how fed up he is. Holden is absolutely a dead man walking imo

Agree, Holden knows his time is up as well, defeat tomorrow and I think the plug will be pulled , let’s all get behind simmo ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

I personally didn't get that.

I got someone tired and frustrated. For me it was an honest interview and he was at least realistic about our predicament. 

Yes it contained some of the same soundbites and much of what we've heard before.

I just hope this time the penny will drop, covid/revenue will force hands, we need to be better at what we do, he admitted that. The money won't be there next season and perhaps this 'brush' with relegation form will be enough to force some action this summer, if not before.

We'll see. 

Well, in MA I think he's got the wrong man to steer us. He can negotiate a contract or sale, but he's not a football man and is having too much control in football matters. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well, in MA I think he's got the wrong man to steer us. He can negotiate a contract or sale, but he's not a football man and is having too much control in football matters. 

I agree and have said this now for some time.

I'm hoping that MA's role changing is one of the major shuffle ups this summer, if he stays.

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Spot on.

And it reminds me of this...

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I would love GT to ask him why he thinks we fail to reach top 6 or even top 8 or 9? 

Why many other clubs with lower budgets for example Millwall, Preston etc have finished higher than us more than once. 

Why proven coaches managers don't get a look in here? 

Why since his tenure recruiting from within has generally been disastrous?

4 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Could Ashton be keeping information from Lansdown senior and junior,  conspiracy theory i know but why else can't S L see what a smarmy  snake Ashton is.

We all seem to know exactly what MA is, and that’s just the public image we see, which SL also does, except he also knows him on a much more personal and professional basis. I’d wager he knows exactly what MA is, SL is a very astute business man and will know how to read him, I’m sure of that. 

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that Steve Lansdown's heart is no longer in Bristol City FC.

Whether that's true or not I don't know. But it must be immensely frustrating paying the likes of Nahki Wells all those thousands every week.

He has to be even worse value than Louis Diony. And possibly the worst value player in our history. 

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

If Holden was feeling the pressure before today’s pre-match presser, he’ll be feeling it even more now.

Lose tomorrow and it’s game over for him me thinks......either way, he will will gone as part of a “review” in the summer!

Fair play to SL for answering the questions tonight

Possibly.

Its not just the results though. The performances are utter drivel. Thats what needs to improve imo for him to keep his job. Cannot bear seeing more of 2 shots all game and 30% possession, while the opposition (regardless whom) have 20+ 

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are you sure? I missed the SL interview, but last 20 years I make it-btw is it last 20 to this year or last?

If it's to last season, it's 11-9.

To this, 12-8.

Going to listen to it on Catchup later.

From 99-00 to 19-20 I think it’s 10 in div 3 and 11 in div 2.

Splitting hairs slightly.

The point is, we don’t really have a lot to show for the last 19/20/21 years.

35 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Sorry Steve, 10 years in division 3 and 10 years in Division 2. That’s the last 20 years.

League 1 - 00/01, 01/02, 02/03, 03/04, 04/05, 06/07, 13/14, 14/15 - 8

Championship - 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21 -12

?

So when he says more has been spent in the 2nd tier he's right, wasn't it also phrased 'under him'? So knock the first couple off and you're looking at 2/3's the time under Lansdown being spent in the 2nd tier.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

He fronted up which was good and it was the traditional vote of confidence from the owner that is required before a sacking. Listening to that I would agree that the change will come soon. He has now gone through the motions and will make the change because having to say that avoiding relegation is now the priority must hurt like hell.  

But it really does not matter if DH Is sacked, while Ashton remains we will never recruit a top class manager.  We will just get   another "Yes man", as no manager worth his salt will want to work within a system, where he is constantly answerable to Ashton. It is like working with your hands tied.   We need a complete restructering if we are ever to be successful?

Archived