IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting his appearance wasn't mentioned on the OS unlike someone else's was

Going under the radar, or someone self obsessed with promoting themselves 

Screenshot_20210215-190813_Samsung Internet.jpg

SL called Radio Bristol 20 minutes before broadcast, asking to come on the show tonight, hence the lack of OS coverage.

42 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I certainly didn’t get that. I heard a man absolutely fed up with Dean Holden, but feels he has to give him a little more backing before he’s taken out back and put down. 

Yeah, so what must the bloke have been smoking when he appointed him?

Practically everybody could have told you it was a stupid appointment, AT THE TIME.

There's no hindsight and all that bullshit.

27 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Wage cap?

I’m sure Lansdown wants a wage cap in this league like so many other clubs, but with clubs like Derby , Sheffield Wednesday and three relegated clubs every year it’s difficult to imagine it’ll ever be agreed (wrongly in my view). But aren’t we as bad as the others, our wages exceed our income?

1 minute ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

The football has been awful since Man City in Jan 2018.

Take the first 4 games out of the equation and we’d be in a relegation fight. Another couple of weeks and that will become a reality.

2 more losses in a row (Reading and Barnsley) will see DH relieved of his duties. Nice bloke but we need some championship know how 

It’ll be simmo and downo .

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

From 99-00 to 19-20 I think it’s 10 in div 3 and 11 in div 2.

Splitting hairs slightly.

The point is, we don’t really have a lot to show for the last 19/20/21 years.

And the tip of the iceberg?

City have only enjoyed two periods in the top flight of English football.

Our most ’successful' was a five-season stint which ended in 1911. Yes, three years before the outbreak of World War 1 and a year prior to the launch of the Titanic.

No wonder fans get p*ssed off with the endless tired rhetoric from the club hierarchy.

1 minute ago, daored said:

I’m sure Lansdown wants a wage cap in this league like so many other clubs, but with clubs like Derby , Sheffield Wednesday and three relegated clubs every year it’s difficult to imagine it’ll ever be agreed (wrongly in my view). But aren’t we as bad as the others, our wages exceed our income?

Wage cap won't be happening any time soon I suspect.

PFA got it blocked. Was reported within last couple of months a majority weren't for it.

Our wages were in line with income in 2018/19, about 100% of turnover. Exceeded it last season- wages alone.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wage cap won't be happening any time soon I suspect.

PFA got it blocked. Was reported within last couple of months a majority weren't for it.

Our wages were in line with income in 2018/19, about 100% of turnover. Exceeded it last season- wages alone.

Exceeded by how much?

Hmmm interesting one. I remember when LJ went through a bad spell in 16/17 and he absolutely backed him. Steve didn't sound as confident today and a bit panicky, to me. Talking about the relegation places when we're 13th from his point of view can tell a story on his confidence towards Holden.

I didn't think it was that bad of an interview compared to his last one just after Holden was appointed

A heavy defeat tomorrow and he's gone, I think. He's panicking a bit

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Whatever Steve thinks or what he is/isn't saying, There seems to be a very clear lack of commitment or fight on the pitch. There is only one man who can take the blame for that.  The only spirit in this team seems to be in the noggins they must be downing the night before a game.

Yes. Less Red Bull, more Bulls Hit.

Yeah fair cob for SL coming out this evening and letting his feelings known on local radio to us. However, I still haven’t come away with any confidence as it seems like no matter what happens with Holden, this regime and Ashton is here to stay.

And I feel that’s the biggest problem here.

8 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

It’ll be simmo and downo .

I might sound like a madman but I’d actually accept Downing assisted by Simpson, as a caretaker ONLY!

Then take time to find a new no 1.

It means the team gets a little shake up before we get serious ahead of next season.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst you maybe right about premier League football, can you suggest anyone else who might be a better owner, because I can't think of anyone.

Not saying he’s not a good owner, 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I might sound like a madman but I’d actually accept Downing assisted by Simpson, as a caretaker ONLY!

Then take time to find a new no 1.

It means the team gets a little shake up before we get serious ahead of next season.

You’re a mad man.

Archived