IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, so what must the bloke have been smoking when he appointed him?

Practically everybody could have told you it was a stupid appointment, AT THE TIME.

There's no hindsight and all that bullshit.

Which was what the interviewer should have pointed out but naturally didn't.

How convenient SL turns up when Twentyman isn't there to dare to challenge him.

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Hmmm interesting one. I remember when LJ went through a bad spell in 16/17 and he absolutely backed him. Steve didn't sound as confident today and a bit panicky, to me. Talking about the relegation places when we're 13th from his point of view can tell a story on his confidence towards Holden.

I didn't think it was that bad of an interview compared to his last one just after Holden was appointed

A heavy defeat tomorrow and he's gone, I think. He's panicking a bit

Agree

I was at least relieved he recognises the whiff of relegation , and for me that means Holden is in big trouble

Im not sure even a heavy defeat - anything less than at least one win from the next two and I think he’s gone

As for the answer to recruitment , injuries and particularly Ashton - Not so good

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree

I was at least relieved he recognises the whiff of relegation , and for me that means Holden is in big trouble

Im not sure even a heavy defeat - anything less than at least one win from the next two and I think he’s gone

As for the answer to recruitment , injuries and particularly Ashton - Not so good

I think with regards Ashton, we'd be likely to see what happens in the Summer and what Manager is actually brought in. 

Massive wake up call for Steve that 6-0 defeat. He took his eye off the ball a bit. Pressure is on behind the scenes now.

Good.

Just now, 2015 said:

I think with regards Ashton, we'd be likely to see what happens in the Summer and what Manager is actually brought in. 

Massive wake up call for Steve that 6-0 defeat. He took his eye off the ball a bit. Pressure is on behind the scenes now.

Good.

Yep, he does not like being made a fool of.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Good.

Certainly seems to have rattled him

Shame it wasn’t 8

But if many of us could see it coming why couldn’t he , his useless son or the £500k CEO

13 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

And the tip of the iceberg?

City have only enjoyed two periods in the top flight of English football.

Our most ’successful' was a five-season stint which ended in 1911. Yes, three years before the outbreak of World War 1 and a year prior to the launch of the Titanic.

No wonder fans get p*ssed off with the endless tired rhetoric from the club hierarchy.

Another way of looking at it would be that it's the most successful era since the top flight spell.

Would be historically if no relegation this season, 7 years in 2nd tier and a Cup semi final. Would be up there anyway.

24 minutes ago, maxjak said:

But it really does not matter if DH Is sacked, while Ashton remains we will never recruit a top class manager.  We will just get   another "Yes man", as no manager worth his salt will want to work within a system, where he is constantly answerable to Ashton. It is like working with your hands tied.   We need a complete restructering if we are ever to be successful?

In hindsight after the next failed manager is appointed by MA, SL will finally see the light of what the common denominator is, and maybe, just maybe, restructuring will occur and we'll get a proven manager in at last.....all in hindsight of course!!

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree

Yeah, two things clear a heavy defeat tomorrow or just a point from the next two and Holden is gone.

2nd Ashton is going no time in the distance future.

25 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

The football has been awful since Man City in Jan 2018.

Take the first 4 games out of the equation and we’d be in a relegation fight. Another couple of weeks and that will become a reality.

2 more losses in a row (Reading and Barnsley) will see DH relieved of his duties. Nice bloke but we need some championship know how 

To say it's been awful for 3 years is a bit of an exaggeration.

We deserved two of those wins outright, as for the others, started quick and dug out one and at home to Coventry started quick, had to weather storm, had a second wind and won.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Trouble is, he did that to himself back in August.

By dissing the likes of Cook, Hughton ...

There potentially were contractual complications with Cook back in the Summer. At one stage the Administrators were holding him as an asset, or considered him such. Some decent compensation might have been due and they were well within rights IMO.

Hughton, what is his transfer wishlist, what would it have been? Inclusive of wages for new players, let's see how much he gets at Nottingham Forest may not be so much...

7 minutes ago, beaverface said:

In hindsight after the next failed manager is appointed by MA, SL will finally see the light of what the common denominator is, and maybe, just maybe, restructuring will occur and we'll get a proven manager in at last.....all in hindsight of course!!

But Mark works hard so that's ok apparently. Whether he works smart doesn't seem to have occurred to Steve.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There potentially were contractual complications with Cook back in the Summer. At one stage the Administrators were holding him as an asset, or considered him such. Some decent compensation might have been due and they were well within rights IMO.

Hughton, what is his transfer wishlist, what would it have been? Inclusive of wages for new players, let's see how much he gets at Nottingham Forest may not be so much...

And yet Hughton was happy to rock up at Forest with someone else’s players?

Thought he sounded like he was thoroughly losing patience to me - and I don't mean that like he was about to pick up his ball and go home. More that he was getting pretty pissed off we weren't making progress and were going backwards... him getting angry might be what needs to happen for him to be a bit more decisive with his appointments.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Thought he sounded like he was thoroughly losing patience to me - and I don't mean that like he was about to pick up his ball and go home. More that he was getting pretty pissed off we weren't making progress and were going backwards... him getting angry might be what needs to happen for him to be a bit more decisive with his appointments.

Agree

Good post Nick 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He seems to be relying on his old guard from BHA Knockaert and  Murray. Hardly building for the future, more of shoring it up short term. Watch him get them into the play offs next season though if they back him this summer. 

I want my club back.  I have never liked the idea of Bristol Sport, delusions of grandeur, and I certainly don’t want to be told that although City are having problems, Bristol Rugby is doing well, so, in effect, I am being told to stop moaning. 

I dream of the day when City are owned by people interested in the club - exclusively.

I dream of the day when we have a proper Board for the club, whose Chair has standing.

One day, in the long history of City, Bristol Sport will only be a distant and bad memory

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree

Just realised i had repeated all you had said.

I have the makings of a politican.!!!

Archived