IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

SL came on the radio and is obviously very involved with what's going on and JL can easily be a party to it.

...which is why SL gets a bit of stick - it's his show. He's appointed his son as Chair, who now appears to be in the Caribbean during a pandemic in which the country is confined to base. JL might be a lovely bloke, never met him, but with the best will in the world, and despite following City events closely down the years, I can't recall a single thing that JL has done that has impressed me...not one. Unlike his father he has no personal fund of goodwill to draw on.

32 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

In the Caribbean 'pursuing personal interests' - I mean right now his worst enemy couldn't come up with a more poisonous line than that!

None of us know why JL is in the Caribbean - he could simply be on holiday, or given the poverty in many Caribbean islands working with local charities, including sporting charities........:dunno:

Many of us are aware that SL is a patron of other charities some in Botswana so its possible that JL is doing something similar  in the Caribbean and that’s not something that people like SL would mention in interviews.

8 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Ive just read gregors write up on this.... firstly, jon lansdown is in the carribean pursuing personal interests at the moment,, and mark ashton presented 3 left backs for consideration in the transfer window, and this was rejected, but we obviously signed lansbury!!!

Do we know who rejected them?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

None of us know why JL is in the Caribbean - he could simply be on holiday, or given the poverty in many Caribbean islands working with local charities, including sporting charities........:dunno:

Many of us are aware that SL is a patron of other charities some in Botswana so its possible that JL is doing something similar  pin the Caribbean and that’s not something that people like SL would mention in interviews.

Undeniably the case - indeed perhaps he isn't in the Caribbean at all!

I'm just saying that right now that's not a helpful line to emerge from the club - conjures an unfortunate image in the minds of supporters of the football club he Chairs.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm just saying that right now that's not a helpful line to emerge from the club - conjures an unfortunate image in the minds of supporters of the football club he Chairs.

Re my post above, quite malicious 

47 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Got to love some on here desperate to beat the lansdowns with anything

One minute JL does nothing but design the shirts next minute outrage he is not at AG sorting out the mess.

We don't know if the comment is accurate, does personnel interest mean holiday or personnel non club related business interest which wold be legal, did he go before lockdown.

Would have thought most would have heard of zoom and other video confetencing systems which means he is not chained to AG

Sorry all a bit pathetic

Well said ref - absolutely spot on.

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Strange how people laud Cotts (rightly so) for directing his team from a hospital bed whilst seriously ill yet can’t accept JL - might - be able to direct club business via this fandangled internetty thing from a distance?

Like a lot of people at the moment JL could be working from home, it just happens to be not Bristol or Guernsey and I doubt very much it matters where he is as most people on here think he does nothing at the club anyway!?

didn’t see @sh1t_ref_again post (too many pages to scroll through) but same sentiments. 

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Strange how people laud Cotts (rightly so) for directing his team from a hospital bed whilst seriously ill yet can’t accept JL - might - be able to direct club business via this fandangled internetty thing from a distance?

Like a lot of people at the moment JL could be working from home, it just happens to be not Bristol or Guernsey and I doubt very much it matters where he is as most people on here think he does nothing at the club anyway!?

didn’t see @sh1t_ref_again post (too many pages to scroll through) but same sentiments. 

I'm sure you can see the difference though?

Do you think Cotts chose to fall ill? Was Jon medically forced over to the Caribbean?

Totally stupid comparison tbf. 

41 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The point is surely that a hash is being made of things - and since the Lansdowns run the whole show and make all the decisions the buck stops with them. No one obliged SL to buy the controlling stake in Bristol City - or put his son in the Chair. 

SL is happy to parade around the pitch when things are going well and gets roundly applauded for it. No one is desperate to beat them - we'd like them to be doing well, we'd all benefit from a bit of competence. The club is currently a bit of a shambles.

In the Caribbean 'pursuing personal interests' - I mean right now his worst enemy couldn't come up with a more poisonous line than that!

Indeed mate. There always have and always will be the select few on here who will defend Steve and his family till the end - thankfully the masses are starting to wake up and see through the dictatorship for what it really is, an absolute shambles.

4 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

I think it’s pretty academic where Jon is in the world tbh

I don’t get the vibe that he ‘drives club business’ whether he’s in Kingston or Yatton !

13 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

As it happens whilst I care a great deal that Cotts recovers I really don't give two hoots where JL might or might not be. I don't believe JL has much control at the club, nothing I have ever heard him say or seen him do suggests that he does.

Someone at the club told the Post reporter that he is 'pursuing personal interests' in the Caribbean. Which I struggle to consider a helpful intervention at this point in time!

6 minutes ago, dREDful said:

I'm sure you can see the difference though?

Do you think Cotts chose to fall ill? Was Jon medically forced over to the Caribbean?

Totally stupid comparison tbf. 

The point is - most businesses can be operated remotely, JL may have other business to attend to over there (lucky him) which cannot be done via the internet. A lot of people on here are just simply jealous and use their alleged love of the club to have a pop at anyone and everyone who wears a shirt and tie. 

Just now, Red DNA said:

The point is - most businesses can be operated remotely, JL may have other business to attend to over there (lucky him) which cannot be done via the internet. A lot of people on here are just simply jealous and use their alleged love of the club to have a pop at anyone and everyone who wears a shirt and tie. 

...dear me...

Ah well. 

Just now, Red DNA said:

What I see is people calling out people doing an utterly shit job. I doubt anyone is jealous of Jon, he may inherent millions or billions of pounds but I imagine you'd easily tempt him into investing all of that into a time share in Portugal. 

He's dim as ****. 

13 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Yes of course, anyone that is criticising the clear poor running of our football club is obviously just a jealous little poor working man with nothing better to do.. deary deary me.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I think Appleton is a racing certainty - and I am not joking.

Which one though?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Jon lives in North Somerset, so yes, the morality/legality of him being in the Caribbean could well be up for debate.

Wait til @Harryfinds out this, he’s-gonna lose his shit!

06EEE4BC-5597-453E-9C7F-25BB4D2A9AB4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

...which is why SL gets a bit of stick - it's his show. He's appointed his son as Chair, who now appears to be in the Caribbean during a pandemic in which the country is confined to base. JL might be a lovely bloke, never met him, but with the best will in the world, and despite following City events closely down the years, I can't recall a single thing that JL has done that has impressed me...not one. Unlike his father he has no personal fund of goodwill to draw on.

Maybe he could appoint an actual chair...would probably be more effective

15 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Do you not mind posting your boring video clip , well one you’ve copied , of Davina McCall every 2 hrs Jack

on every thread

If that’s your best , please don’t bother 

Extremely strange if nothing else 

Not my clip but it is extremely funny!

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate, you’ve posted this six times today across different threads. There have been no reactions to it. You’re reading the room as well as Deano.

It is extremely funny!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ah, yes. While the rest of us in the UK are locked down or struggling with mental health issues, JL swans off to the Caribbean. I hope he took his colouring book with him. 

Archived