IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You are correct its a very poisonous line (which we do not know the accuracy or detail), and who ever give both those comments to Gregor was very malicious and in the inner circle within the club. If from DH after the press conference then may know he is out anyway only a case of when.

SL came on the radio and is obviously very involved with what's going on and JL can easily be a party to it.

If it's true (Gregor should publicly retract it if not), then it's the truth. Yes, it doesn't have the usual PR spin, but that doesn't make it malicious, just the truth. Which I'd rather read.

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Ah, yes. While the rest of us in the UK are locked down or struggling with mental health issues, JL swans off to the Caribbean. I hope he took his colouring book with him. 

Many of us in JLs position of having enormous family wealth behind him would do the something similar  - I know I would!

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

The point is surely that a hash is being made of things - and since the Lansdowns run the whole show and make all the decisions the buck stops with them. No one obliged SL to buy the controlling stake in Bristol City - or put his son in the Chair. 

SL is happy to parade around the pitch when things are going well and gets roundly applauded for it. No one is desperate to beat them - we'd like them to be doing well, we'd all benefit from a bit of competence. The club is currently a bit of a shambles.

In the Caribbean 'pursuing personal interests' - I mean right now his worst enemy couldn't come up with a more poisonous line than that!

Who came up with that line I wonder? 

Probably the same person who fed the 3 left backs story to Gregor

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Many of us in JLs position of having enormous family wealth behind him would do the something similar  - I know I would!

Just goes to show how seriously he takes his role as Chairman, though. And presumably it's just him & not his wife & kids, no mention of that but would assume it would have said "Jon & family" had it been the case. In the middle of arguably the toughest of the 3 lockdowns. 

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

If it's true (Gregor should publicly retract it if not), then it's the truth. Yes, it doesn't have the usual PR spin, but that doesn't make it malicious, just the truth. Which I'd rather read.

JL being in the Caribbean and the board vetoing 3 players with names given, is very obviously negative and malicious and come from someone at the core of the club who new players names, I suspect it was from 1 of 3 people who are very soon to be out of a job. 

The devil is in the detail, in the Caribbean for what, holiday, other work interest, been there how long, still carrying out any BCFC functions, we don't know, but its the inference that has tried to be made.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

JL being in the Caribbean and the board vetoing 3 players with names given, is very obviously negative and malicious and come from someone at the core of the club who new players names, I suspect it was from 1 of 3 people who are very soon to be out of a job. 

The devil is in the detail, in the Caribbean for what, holiday, other work interest, been there how long, still carrying out any BCFC functions, we don't know, but its the inference that has tried to be made.

Perhaps we should hold back on our criticism, maybe he is searching for a left back!

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just goes to show how seriously he takes his role as Chairman, though. And presumably it's just him & not his wife & kids, no mention of that but would assume it would have said "Jon & family" had it been the case. In the middle of arguably the toughest of the 3 lockdowns. 

There is something called the internet which means you can hold online meetings, they even have in the Caribbean, so just like working from home but warmer

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

There is something called the internet which means you can hold online meetings, they even have in the Caribbean, so just like working from home but warmer

I perfectly understand that. Which presumably equally means he could've "persued" these "interests" from his home in the UK? 

Two points.

1. Whilst this awful COVID virus affects all our lives at home, we are all desperate to see City do well, as there ain’t much sunshine in life currently for most of us. Football offers this. Seeing the club in its current state is a horrible pill to swallow for those that care, which most on here do.

2. Whatever your take on it, JL jaunting off on his private jet to the Caribbean is not good PR for the Lansdowns whilst the club is in a dangerous predicament. Open to ridicule as per this thread.

Sometimes you feel that reality to you and me is completely different to others. For me, Bristol City is a major part of my life and has been for many years. To see the football club going downhill like this is not good. Quite frankly, I don’t give two f*cks about Bristol Sport, Bristol Bears, blah, blah, blah.

All I want to see is a successful football club in Bristol City. Change has to happen, FAST.

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just goes to show how seriously he takes his role as Chairman, though. And presumably it's just him & not his wife & kids

None of us know why he’s in the Caribbean and as ref says earlier in this thread it’s perfectly simple with Zoom to have daily contact with AG.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There’s a lot to be said for Appleton.  He fits the development model, has experience and is presently very successful.  I think people are put off by his rather baleful appearance, but you’ve got to respect his record at Oxford and Lincoln.

We MUST get in a manager who has a successful record of getting promotion from the Championship. No one else will do.

Uplifting and depressing in equal measure for me.

Brilliant that Steve has stepped forward and spoken at this time of (football) crisis.

Off-the-scale worrying that he thinks Ashton isn’t THE fundamental problem. Also, on smaller issues, mind-blowing that he thinks we had excellent record with injuries last season. Not my recollection - weren’t our two best players and our only leaders injured for lengthy spells - Korey and Afobe? 

We are going nowhere - aside from League 1 - with Ashton heading up the football operations at our Club. In my opinion, a frightening naivety and misplaced belief from our great leader. 

My patience is getting seriously tested. I’ve no option now but to trust in Steve’s judgement, who’s a very a smart billionaire. 

I’m sure, therefore, Ashton will from today prove me wrong. So we will forget the likes of CoD, Ayling, Fam, a questionable medical and fitness team, all the naff signings from selling-off the family silver, the boring, sterile crab football, appointment of dire managers and the loss of a manager that knew how to build a successful TEAM. A new dawn then, with a freshly instilled confidence gained from Steve. Ashton, as a brilliant manager of people and business, no doubt realises his weaknesses and will now - somewhat belatedly - bring in quality people across the piste to provide outstanding support to push us on to the promised land. 

Starting from tonight we will see a newly invented ‘Mark Ashton’ Bristol City. Can’t wait.

Onwards and upwards. 

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Well I wouldn’t for one, anymore than going into tax exile.  

None of us have a billionaire family member who has answered criticism on him being a tax exiles by saying that he’s paid ‘enough’ UK tax. I certainly don’t blame anyone for that and you might well do the same in that position.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If he's actually in the Caribbean pursuing personal interests, then that's all he's reported, no inference made. Now it's out in the open, it's supporters that are asking questions. 

If there's nothing to hide, lets have some clarification. He is after all our full time Chairman. Is the Caribbean really the best place for that person to be to get us out of the mess we are in? Should he be the one calling Radio stations to give interviews? We need to cut our cloth at the moment, these don't seem unreasonable questions.  

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very poor ethically. To tackle the pandemic requires everyone’s buy in. Just because you can afford to break the rules financially shouldn't mean you’re beyond them. 

if you're a tax exile, you have different ethics from the rest.     You think the millions of tax that could have gone to schools and hospitals should go into your hobbies and holidays in the sun.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

None of us have a billionaire family member who has answered criticism on him being a tax exiles by saying that he’s paid ‘enough’ UK tax. I certainly don’t blame anyone for that and you might well do the same in the same position.

Sorry, you got the wrong guy.  Paying taxes is one’s civic community duty, however much one has to pay.  I may not have large sums of money myself but I have known through my professional life many who do and still choose to do their civic duty and pay tax.  Doesn’t it ever occur to the SL’s of this world that by not paying tax here, the rest of us pay more?

22 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Not my clip but it is extremely funny!

It is extremely funny!

When my children got to an age when they inexplicably stopped laughing at my previously incredibly funny jokes I consoled myself that sometimes it is sufficient just to amuse myself.

So I kept the jokes coming.

I guess this applies to you and this clip - no one's laughing but you're happy just to amuse yourself anyway even if it gets a negative reaction from others.

In my case it took years of being met by scowls and bemused faces before they started laughing again.

You seem to have have similar patience and hopes with your clip - the big drawback perhaps being that, while there's little doubt in my mind that my jokes continued to be hilarious, your clip really isn't funny in the first place!

Archived