IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

For all those who say that fan forums and other ‘white noise’ from social media doesn’t matter 

SL certainly jumped to do that IV and his comment about the criticism about Ashton was ‘I see it’

Where Does he see it then ?

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Maggie tells him.

All 3 used to regularly contribute on here a few years ago. They won't have forgotten that this place exists, and that it represents as a decent platform to get a consensus of opinions. Social media is also monitored as well.

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

I knew before his first touch when he ran onto the pitch like he had a broom handle shoved up his arse

Perhaps we should have played him as a sweeper.

9 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I thought Steve spoke very well in all fairness and it's the most direct I've heard him, or anyone from the club, speak for a while. Ashton's interview a month or so ago, and even Holden's appearances on the Sound of the City, were a pointless listen as they're pre-prepared answers. I thought it was direct and it was clear he's not happy. A loss tomorrow and I think the trigger will be pulled.

Yeh, without actually admitting it, it felt like he thought that he had made the wrong decision in appointing Holden and that he had little confidence in his ability to succeed.

After hearing that, I would be very surprised if the club are not having discussions with prospective new managers right now.

Also, I would think this time they might approach choosen prospects rather than allow many to apply which all happened not that long ago.

Maybe wrong but just an incling.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Camera. You've seen a red button game before?

It's a bit like peering through a bathroom window.

You’ve plenty of experience of that AD? 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yeh, without actually admitting it, it felt like he thought that he had made the wrong decision in appointing Holden and that he had little confidence in his ability to succeed.

After hearing that, I would be very surprised if the club are not having discussions with prospective new managers right now.

Also, I would think this time they might approach choosen prospects rather than allow many to apply which all happened not that long ago.

I got the impression aswell that change is probably going to happen soon. Now if results don’t change or end of season. Season ticket sells defo going to play a huge factor and atm a large majority of people are probs thinking against buying one due to the standard of football we play 

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I bet Michael Appleton is keeping his phone near by right now.

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

Sadly we’ve missed the boat on that 1

We’ve missed the boat on a lot of managers in the last few years. 

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

I want my club back.  I have never liked the idea of Bristol Sport, delusions of grandeur, and I certainly don’t want to be told that although City are having problems, Bristol Rugby is doing well, so, in effect, I am being told to stop moaning. 

I dream of the day when City are owned by people interested in the club - exclusively.

I dream of the day when we have a proper Board for the club, whose Chair has standing.

One day, in the long history of City, Bristol Sport will only be a distant and bad memory

Ivor, I hope you’ve discovered the secret of long life, because Bristol Sport is here to stay. The days when football clubs had a proper board of directors with a chairman have gone except, perhaps, at lower league level. Now clubs are bought by one man (it always seems to be men) who has a few million / billion to throw around. It’s their money so, not surprisingly, they want total control.  SL appears to have given control to Ashton, but he still has the power to sack him at a moment’s notice if he wishes. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that Steve Lansdown's heart is no longer in Bristol City FC.

He did an interview a while ago for the rugby - it was on the bristol sport website but I can't find it now - in which he Lansdown was wearing a Bears official merchandise top.

The thought immediately occurred, when has he ever  done an interview wearing a City top??? Never, of course.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories ("he's more interested in the rugby these days...") but it did strike me as very odd.

Wish I could find the video now because it was very odd for a number of reasons

32 minutes ago, Taz said:

All 3 used to regularly contribute on here a few years ago. They won't have forgotten that this place exists, and that it represents as a decent platform to get a consensus of opinions. Social media is also monitored as well.

Of course it is

(I was playing devils advocate)

The anger and reaction of the fans got SL quickly on the blower tonight , nothing else

Archived