IGNORED

SL on radio bristol

Curr Avon

27 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe it’s me - We could form a new party ???

yeah, we could call it The Give Us A Shot Aston Gate Party.

Bookies have us at nearly 3/1 to win tomorrow that's an incredible price for a home team concederin  the points difference between us.

You could get 6/1 on us at Watford, it's all telling us a scary story witch comes as no surprise to a lot of us.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Which makes Ashton either as thick as shit or someone willing to spout shit for a living. Not a good look either way.

We don’t know for certain who the other candidates were, but the rumour mill was Hughton and Cook, possibly McCarthy ?. I can’t imagine Ashton’s words would have gone down too well with men like that! 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Whether that's true or not I don't know. But it must be immensely frustrating paying the likes of Nahki Wells all those thousands every week.

He has to be even worse value than Louis Diony. And possibly the worst value player in our history. 

at least diony gave us something to smile about,never forget his home debut first touch

Just now, Portland Bill said:

We don’t know for certain who the other candidates were, but the rumour mill was Hughton and Cook, possibly McCarthy ?. I can’t imagine Ashton’s words would have gone down too well with men like that! 

Didn’t Hughton think he had already got the job? He thought the interview went well by all accounts which you would think meant he was happy to work with the imbecile Ashton. It was Ashton and Lansdown Jnr who subsequently didn’t like Hughton/his demands/his presentation and didn’t offer him the job on that basis. Those were the strong rumours going around at the time ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally unconfirmed but I heard Neil was the 4th.

6 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Mr perfect, ffs grow up, you were wrong, no big deal.

Ffs this is why I don’t bother coming on here.  The stats are there to see, Ipswich fans comments are there to see.   The comments on otib are there to see  so it’s not even opinion it’s factual albeit I worded it incorrectly which I held my hands up but according to you I’m talking bullshit 

What a *****

Steve Lansdown came on radio Brizz and spoke directly to supporters. That’s what everyone has been clamoring for. 

so take aways are

1 Dean Holden has been told/knows what he needs to do (read into that the glaringly obvious)

2 We have Had a torrid time with injuries without a single identified root cause 

3 Mark Ashton works super hard behind the scenes and keeps us a force at League administration meetings. 

4 I’m (Steve) pissed off we were that crap at Watford there was/is no excuse. (Both of the above be warned)

5 young Players have had to come through and that will Stand us in good stead in the future, but they have not been good enough (coaching staff buck the **** up!

If we get done by four or more tomorrow Holden is out. If we lose the next two Holden is done. Either way the message is clear, we are looking for two replacements to bring in if necessary. Pull your fingers out Dean and Mark you have been warned. 

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Ffs this is why I don’t bother coming on here.  The stats are there to see, Ipswich fans comments are there to see.   The comments on otib are there to see  so it’s not even opinion it’s factual albeit I worded it incorrectly which I held my hands up but according to you I’m talking bullshit 

What a *****

He was there 2 seasons and made 51 appearances, so not factual, I’d chill out a bit , it’s nearly waste a tenner day.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting his appearance wasn't mentioned on the OS unlike someone else's was

Going under the radar, or someone self obsessed with promoting themselves 

Screenshot_20210215-190813_Samsung Internet.jpg

Because SL rang Radio Bristol 20 minutes before the program started.

MA's appearance was pre-arranged.

7 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

What a *****

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

He was there 2 seasons and made 51 appearances, so not factual, I’d chill out a bit , it’s nearly waste a tenner day.

******* shut up you two. It’s getiing on everyone’s nerves. Most of us want to read about the interview. 

I thought Steve spoke very well in all fairness and it's the most direct I've heard him, or anyone from the club, speak for a while. Ashton's interview a month or so ago, and even Holden's appearances on the Sound of the City, were a pointless listen as they're pre-prepared answers. I thought it was clear he's not happy. A loss tomorrow and I think the trigger will be pulled.

28 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

For all those who say that fan forums and other ‘white noise’ from social media doesn’t matter 

SL certainly jumped to do that IV and his comment about the criticism about Ashton was ‘I see it’

Where Does he see it then ?

Maggie tells him.

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Steve Lansdown came on radio Brizz and spoke directly to supporters. That’s what everyone has been clamoring for. 

so take aways are

1 Dean Holden has been told/knows what he needs to do (read into that the glaringly obvious)

2 We have Had a torrid time with injuries without a single identified root cause 

3 Mark Ashton works super hard behind the scenes and keeps us a force at League administration meetings. 

4 I’m (Steve) pissed off we were that crap at Watford there was/is no excuse. (Both of the above be warned)

5 young Players have had to come through and that will Stand us in good stead in the future, but they have not been good enough (coaching staff buck the **** up!

If we get done by four or more tomorrow Holden is out. If we lose the next two Holden is done. Either way the message is clear, we are looking for two replacements to bring in if necessary. Pull your fingers out Dean and Mark you have been warned. 

Just a shame we can’t be as competitive on the pitch as we are at EFL meetings. 

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

so take aways are

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I thought Steve spoke very well in all fairness and it's the most direct I've heard him, or anyone from the club, speak for a while. Ashton's interview a month or so ago, and even Holden's appearances on the Sound of the City, were a pointless listen as they're pre-prepared answers. I thought it was direct and it was clear he's not happy. A loss tomorrow and I think the trigger will be pulled.

My thoughts Entirely @Coppello  

He was as candid as anyone has been since the last time he was really pissed off with everything and everyone. 

Archived