IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Reading Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Do you WANT City to win tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/16/21 at 19:46

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

If I were 'Deano' having had a think about what I've seen over the last few games and from whom, I would definitely be thinking 'pick a team with a future here'.  He simply can't trust the likes of Hunt, Paterson ,Fam, Mariappa and Lansbury.  Their hearts aren't in it.  He's made the age old mistake of assuming that he can trust the older pros but he can't - they have badly let him down.  For all the talk about injuries amd inexperience we had 9 players with 100+ league appearances starting on Saturday with really only Towler being truly inexperienced.  Any side should be able to carry one inexperienced player.

Bentley

Vyner  Moore Kalas  Towler

Semenyo Massengo  Bakinson Nagy    Palmer

Wells

In that line up I would instruct both full backs to sit in position much like Wright and Magnússon used to do for us.  Towler and Moore got caught up the pitch on Saturday and left space down our left.  Let's sit in.  I would also spend a lot of time making it clear to Nagy and Kalas what I expect in terms of leadership and protecting Towler at left back. Nagy would play inside left with Palmer given freedom to move off the left wing and link up play. Nagy's job would then be to offset this along with Bakinson.  That would give Towler 3 of our experienced players around him, 2 of which one would assume would help by making themselves available for passes forward.

Can't say that I disagree with that line up too much, was almost going to post the same!  I think I'd have Antoine & Casey pushed slightly further ahead of the midfield in support of Nakhi (he HAS to start up front tonight in place of Fam!) when attacking and back into a 5 when without the ball.  Shame Joe Williams isn't fit (when is he?!) as I would've had him in a midfield 4 with Adam, Tyreeq and Han and sacrificed young Towler to the bench. Tomas in mid of back 3 with Taylor and Zac either side.

If somehow we're still in the game or ahead at 60/65 mins, then happy days!  DH simply HAS to find a pattern and structure around the players available, but I'm still not entirely sure he knows what that is, injuries or otherwise.

Can't really come up with any decent team for this due to current form, but here's my roll of the dice:

4-2-3-1:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Vyner Nagy

Bakinson Lansbury

Semenyo Palmer Paterson

Wells

Obviously I look mad putting Nagy at LB but he is one of our more defensive minded midfielders, can pass, international experience, and most importantly will run all game. I have chosen 4 at the back instead of 3 with WBs because I think LB is a much easier position to play than LWB for someone out of position.

10 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Can't really come up with any decent team for this due to current form, but here's my roll of the dice:

4-2-3-1:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Vyner Nagy

Bakinson Lansbury

Semenyo Palmer Paterson

Wells

Obviously I look mad putting Nagy at LB but he is one of our more defensive minded midfielders, can pass, international experience, and most importantly will run all game. I have chosen 4 at the back instead of 3 with WBs because I think LB is a much easier position to play than LWB for someone out of position.

Opinion obviously but that team would get steamrollered 

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

If I were 'Deano' having had a think about what I've seen over the last few games and from whom, I would definitely be thinking 'pick a team with a future here'.  He simply can't trust the likes of Hunt, Paterson ,Fam, Mariappa and Lansbury.  Their hearts aren't in it.  He's made the age old mistake of assuming that he can trust the older pros but he can't - they have badly let him down.  For all the talk about injuries amd inexperience we had 9 players with 100+ league appearances starting on Saturday with really only Towler being truly inexperienced.  Any side should be able to carry one inexperienced player.

Bentley

Vyner  Moore Kalas  Towler

Semenyo Massengo  Bakinson Nagy    Palmer

Wells

In that line up I would instruct both full backs to sit in position much like Wright and Magnússon used to do for us.  Towler and Moore got caught up the pitch on Saturday and left space down our left.  Let's sit in.  I would also spend a lot of time making it clear to Nagy and Kalas what I expect in terms of leadership and protecting Towler at left back. Nagy would play inside left with Palmer given freedom to move off the left wing and link up play. Nagy's job would then be to offset this along with Bakinson.  That would give Towler 3 of our experienced players around him, 2 of which one would assume would help by making themselves available for passes forward.

I wouldn’t much disagree with that, or with what you say. Maybe not Towler for the reasons others have given. But what’s depressing is Wells in a side picked on the basis of who looks most interested and most likely to try. Just what that says about so many of our senior players...?

It’s annoying, I have sky via now tv but no red button option on now tv despite probably actually paying more than a proper sky subscription to watch. 
don’t understand why there can’t be a red button option on now tv...

I don’t want to give the club my money anymore as they don’t deserve it, and despite it to be highly likely we get trounced, I can’t not watch it when there is bugger all else to do and it’s the club I support and love.

I'd go 5-4-1 with following:

Bentley

Hunt    Mariappa Kalas Vyner Semenyo

Bakinson Palmer Nagy Massengo     

Wells

I'd have instructions for Hunt to not go beyond half way, and give Semenyo free licence to go as far forward as he likes, but when he does, we drop into a back four.

I'd also have as many runners and fresh legs as I can to support Semenyo, hence Massengo and Nagy needed to help out over there.

Palmer would be instructed to give us all he can for 45mins, and then I'd bring Lansbury on as fresh legs and experience.

I'd also bring on Sam Bell for Wells to chase and harry every ball that he can.

It wouldn't be pretty, but with Palmer on the pitch, he might be able to put a through ball into Wells, and on the left, we might have Semenyo pop up with a Worldy, but other than that, keep it tight !

If we need to chase the game, then Fammy and Paterson to be brought on at some point, but if it got to that stage, we're pretty much screwed!

57 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

It’s annoying, I have sky via now tv but no red button option on now tv despite probably actually paying more than a proper sky subscription to watch. 
don’t understand why there can’t be a red button option on now tv...

There is a "bonus stream" option available for red-button games. It usually appears just before the game starts. Assuming you have a monthly Now TV subscription for Sky Sports rather than a weekly or daily one. 

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Same answer as always for me - I want us to win, I always want us to win and I’d be delighted if Holden won tonight and then went on a rampage of front foot attacking football.

I’d also like to win the lottery, and have a five foot penis. That’s also not happening.

Cant foresee anything other than another defeat - maybe scoring one goal to give us something to build on. If we do lose, hopefully it’s the end.

The best result may be an abject performance scraping a draw, and Holden still getting the bullet.

Still, at least I’ve got a beautiful wife at home who got me a lovely valentines present.

(Went for 3-1 loss with 1 shot on target and wanting us to win)

Again ran out of likes.

Nailed on head even to  my prediction .

coyr

3 minutes ago, Red7 said:

There is a "bonus stream" option available for red-button games. It usually appears just before the game starts. Assuming you have a monthly Now TV subscription for Sky Sports rather than a weekly or daily one. 

I do have monthly. So does this mean I can watch the city game via now tv?

3 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

I do have monthly. So does this mean I can watch the city game via now tv?

I'm pretty sure you can. I've done it before. 

Although it may be restricted to certain devices. See link below:

Sky Sports red button on Now TV - Now Available on... - NOW TV Community

"When there is a number of EFL games...right at the bottom of the NowTV Home Screen Page on the NowTV App you should see the bonus streams."

6 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I'm pretty sure you can. I've done it before. 

Although it may be restricted to certain devices. See link below:

Sky Sports red button on Now TV - Now Available on... - NOW TV Community

"When there is a number of EFL games...right at the bottom of the NowTV Home Screen Page on the NowTV App you should see the bonus streams."

Legend! Never would have found that! Will save me a bit of money moving forward. Unfortunately I’ve paid a tenner towards robins tv but would probably be better coverage on sky red button so I’ll do that ??

Bentley

Vyner Mariappa Kallas  Hunt

Bakinson

Palmer, Landsbury, Nagy, Semenyo

Bell

Hunt or Vyner at LB depending who feels more confident in that position

Palmer rather than pato, as pato has been very poor

Need to go 1 up front, wells or bell, would like to see what bell could do as wells has been useless, but wont happen

HNM to come for Lansbury and freshen up midfield at half time

34 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Legend! Never would have found that! Will save me a bit of money moving forward. Unfortunately I’ve paid a tenner towards robins tv but would probably be better coverage on sky red button so I’ll do that ??

It won`t be better coverage, it`s really basic with no replays etc. If you`ve paid for Robins TV stick with that would be my advice.

52 minutes ago, Red7 said:

This, it is on now tv, need sky subscription but also a ps4, on bonus stream tonight, just looked.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d also like to win the lottery, and have a five foot penis. That’s also not happening.

Should you be interested, I received a mail recently providing details of some pill that can provide you with a 12 inch penis - well, not just you, obviousy, but men in general..

The pills are quite expensive, but the accompanying photos are quite impressive.

Please PM me should you require further details. 

Archived