IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Reading Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Do you WANT City to win tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/16/21 at 19:46

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You seem on edge old sock

In a funny sort of way, I'm looking forward to it. We have had a lot of mediocrity lately. It's been very dull. Suddenly, we're in crisis (or so some would have you believe) and a man's job is on the line (allegedly).

At least it's injected a certain edge to proceedings.

Robins TV has

Right to Left

Vyner                   Kalas                      Moore

Mariappa                                                                                                          Hunt

Peter Trego is class, first question he asks is “what is the momentum, uh, feeling like in the camp”. Then looks at the wrong camera, the director decides to switch to that camera and then Peter immediately switches to the camera that he was supposed to be looking at in the first place throwing off the director  ??‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Big Questions from that lineup

5-3-2?

WTF has Massengo done to Holden?

And just how many compromising pictures of Simmo does Fam have?

We'll, it answers one question. I'm not wasting£10 watching that lot. Same bunch of so called senior players who looked devoid of any interest or any commitment on Saturday. There's no pace there and hard to see how that's going to move the ball forward any less painfully slowly than last few weeks and surprised if there's more than a shot on target there. 

I'm surprised he's going two up top.  He's either confident that they will experience a miraculous finding of form or just living in hope that one will get on the end of something, or maybe both?  I'd love for them to be able to work out how to play together but Fam has his pipe out and slippers on and Nakhi can't seem to see beyond that giant chip he has on his shoulder.   The key for me though is that there has to be a link and a no.9 and I don't see either of them playing either role well in their current mindset.   Hope I'm wrong.   

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t get 352 at the moment. We’re not getting the ball into the strikers . Fams downed tools. Moore is a liability 

Formations change constantly throughout any match very much depending which team is in possession. All we need to know is what type any player is - defender, midfielders or forwards.

Way too much importance is placed on formations. Player fluidity is the key.

26 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

It’s going to be Jack Hunt at LWB in a 5-3-2, 3-5-2 isn’t it?!?!

The solution to not buying a LB during the transfer window has been at the club all the time playing very averagely in his natural position at RB! At last we have have some progress! Hopefully he can deliver as much quality off his left peg as he has off his right recently!

Is John Bailey still local? Anyone know?

I said this as a rather poor and tired joke after a long day.

I did not for one second think it would happen.

I've put all my winnings so far for the season on Reading, my streaks got to end soon so I predict a draw tonight now

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

who is the reporter on 5 Live? Finally someone who has done their homework.

have we picked up someone who is permanently crocked?

Have we crocked them further?

Just now, pl00peh91 said:

Wonder what Holden means by “reshaping the squad” in the summer and it being an exciting time in the long term?

"Yeh, a bunch of our better players are out of contract and we can't afford to renew them. So they're all going to leave and we'll be getting a bunch of replacements in. Get excited."

I'm surprised he's going two up top.  He's either confident that they will experience a miraculous finding of form or just living in hope that one will get on the end of something, or maybe both?  I'd love for them to be able to work out how to play together but Fam has his pipe out and slippers on and Nakhi can't seem to see beyond that giant chip he has on his shoulder.   The key for me though is that there has to be a link and a no.9 and I don't see either of them playing the link role effectively in their current mindset.  

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Formations change constantly throughout any match very much depending which team is in possession. All we need to know is what type any player is - defender, midfielders or forwards.

Way too much importance is placed on formations. Player fluidity is the key.

Are you coaching the first team? ?

That would explain why they never seem to know what they are supposed to be doing or where to,pass it to! 

Seriously, up to a point, yes, but the basics of whether a side is playing three or four at the back is pretty fundamental to the decisions players make and to where they play.

What on earth are the likes of Massengo and Bakinson thinking when Vyner is starting ahead of them in midfield?

That's nothing against Vyner BTW. He has every right to be starting, he has put in some great performances this season, but play him in his natural position at CB or RB. 

Your job is potentially on the line, and yet you continue to play players out of position? Baffled. 

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Robins TV has

Right to Left

Vyner                   Kalas                      Moore

Mariappa                                                                                                          Hunt

If Reading have done their homework, they’ll be attacking down our left so Hunt and Moore will need to be on it from kick off

Archived