IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Reading Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Do you WANT City to win tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/16/21 at 19:46

Playing the Gas next year in a league game.

What have we got to show for the last 20 years?

If I was a gas head, I’d be pissing myself. They know they’ve got **** all and have been to the brink and back.

All of Steve’s promises and all we’ve done is bounce between div2/3.

Were getting a conference centre mind!

Well, not the club as such, but still...

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

The number of times opposition players dribble forward 30 yards unchallenged compared to our players always frustrates me. We’re so slow and ponderous

thats because our lot shit themselves at the thought of being tackled. may aswell call it covid ball,avoid touching it at all costs

Just now, Superjack said:

Holden laughing at the officials in the closing minutes at a throw that should have gone our way says it all to me.

Dean Holden has left the building. He knows he is going. He has a family to consider. He won't walk and sacrifice his pay-off.

Must be done by tomorrow morning.

Sack him tonight and save a day's wages. 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Put Holden out of his misery now. One of the worst managers we have ever  had. It cannot go on. 

Very sad.  Can any coach have had such a bad run of luck?  I wonder how much better anyone would have done with our injuries this season.  A very decent man, who I hope will go on to be successful somewhere one day.

4 minutes ago, Laner said:

Millen and now Holden, dream job offered to them at the wrong time in their career. 

Add Tinnion to that and you are right. Tinnion has now found his place, Dean will too but it’s not Head Coach here at the moment

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yet we committed something in the region of 20-25 fouls- or at least, that was what we conceded.

But they weren't tough tackles that were fouls, they were niggly shitty fouls or just blatent soft ones. A late Palmer one springs to mind, though ref played advantage, never looked like getting the ball.

After the first 15 minutes no one put themself about in a meaningful way.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

:laugh: that's probably a bad thing

It was said in jest to be fair ?

2 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

We’ve lost more games now than 4 of the bottom 5. Jesus F Christ.

Just about any and every stat for us are depressingly damning.

I was prepared to give a degree of credit before Christmas for a rookie boss getting results and being in contention despite the injuries and covid issues.

Since Christmas however, ( what is about the New Year that absolutely b*****s us up just about every season?) it does seem that something rotten at the heart of the club has permeated avery aspect of the club and in particular on field performances.  

Ive long supported Steve Lansdown and the way he has tried to move the club forward and doing so within ffp - despite the criticism this attracted from many fans. However, I now feel that he is at a watershed moment, as far as Bristol City FC is concerned. There seems little doubt that there are structural problems, beyond just the head coach position  and I also feel he is more under the microscope, due to the way Bristol Bears appear to be moving forward  almost as quickly as the football team are going backwards. 

The team has performed so badly for a while now - there seems a general feeling that fans have not seen so inept a City team - that relegation has to be a major concern, as we seem no match for any team currently. I cannot believe that SL will contemplate relegation, so hope this will hasten a change of head coach, but wonder whether the fact that he mentioned MA “looking at himself” indicates that he, SL, also realises that all is not well behind the scenes and that much more change is needed if the football club is going to come anywhere near matching the Rugby team.

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Only 7 points off the playoffs though

That’s crazy really, we are so poor on the pitch but pretty well placed in the table.

But for me it’s not only about that, it’s the whole lot. We are playing terrible football, the whole club feels wrong from top to bottom, the injuries, the players playing out of position, the lack of business in the transfer window, their body language the lack of confidence and poor morale of the players and the fans. 

How toxic would it be if fans were there. Shocking.

Archived