IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Reading Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Do you WANT City to win tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/16/21 at 19:46

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not an impressive pre-match presser.  Gone for experience....what about tactics, what about performance?

Disappointing.

It makes you wonder whether he has a detailed understanding of the tactical side of the game, because he never talks about stuff. Either he sees the game in a very simple way or he just chooses not to communicate that with us, which is fine when you want to keep your cards close to your chest but it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that you know what you’re doing 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Not an impressive pre-match presser.  Gone for experience....what about tactics, what about performance?

Disappointing.

He said one thing which I was glad he mentioned cause it really pisses me off - and that was about getting people forward and in front of the ball. 

The problem there is, that he’s picked a very defensive side and it completely goes against all their natural instincts!!! 

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What's even worse is I've realised you were including the FA Cup games, which ups the minutes to 460 without adding any further goals or assists.

I have no motivation to get into a long discussion on the merits or qualities of Palmer. All I know is that I don't think he is the answer to our problems, just as he wasn't the answer when he came on loan to us, nor when he signed permanently. 

I’m right in thinking that Palmer performed under managers who weren’t given the job solely on nepotism or their ability to say yes thought, didn’t he? 

Wasn’t he quite good for Huddersfield once?

Feel like when I look at a recently relegated side who are struggling in the Championship looking at that line up. You look down the list of their players and think there is some experience there. When the match starts you realise they are shot of confidence and just no longer enjoy playing at the moment.

Dean’s ‘well just try harder to play better’ I am sure will work tonight.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I’m right in thinking that Palmer performed under managers who weren’t given the job solely on nepotism or their ability to say yes thought, didn’t he? 

Wasn’t he quite good for Huddersfield once?

He had a half decent season. Made 24apps and got injured. Aside from that he has done very little in his career.

Archived