IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Match Polls  

325 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Reading Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Do you WANT City to win tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/16/21 at 19:46

Holden pre match comment:-

"We’re in a tough part of the season, my energy is focused on making the best decisions for Bristol City, not for myself"

I agree with the general sentiment about Holden.  Good guy, out of depth, don't blame him for taking the opportunity etc... But I do wonder if he might hold his hands up at some point.  Resignation is a rarity these days due to financial implications but I can see a mutual consent situation happening here.  I've never been anti-Holden per se but this is hard to watch.  We must be the least threatening team in the championship at present.

On a different note it's hard to watch Fams City career fizzle out so pathetically.  Former fans favourite to mere bystander.  Never been the most gifted but always had truckloads of heart.  He was playing tonight, presumably due to his experience and to mark Lucas João from set pieces ? Not sure if I blame him or the management for playing him to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Interesting that Kalas ****** off straight down the tunnel at the end of the game. And he’s the captain. Great spirit going on down there.

do the players want a video so that we can tell them what we think?

I noticed that as well. The lack of any team spirit is quite evident, the almost childish way of conceding free kicks is embarrassing.

In a couple of weeks with a new coach some people will be praising these same players.

1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Effort levels are appalling, but must be coaching to some extent that means wherever the action is happening, we’ve half as many players as our opponents? 

The number of times opposition players dribble forward 30 yards unchallenged compared to our players always frustrates me. We’re so slow and ponderous

City should have appointed Neil Warnock post Gary Johnson.  Had we done so, I'm confident City would have reached the Premier League by now.

Fans have to decide if they want the Premier League at any cost or whether it is conditional.  As soon as it becomes conditional you compromise and people complain.

People are always highly emotional and critical of managers and players, but I am certain they don't have the same very high expectations in their own work place and level the same criticism at their own personal performance.

Just now, cityfan said:

City should have appointed Neil Warnock posy Gary Johnson.  Had we done so, I'm confident City would have reached the Premier League by now.

Fans have to decide if they want the Premier League at any cost or whether it is conditional.  As soon as it becomes conditional you compromise and people complain.

People are always highly emotional and critical of managers and players, but I am certain they don't have the same very high expectations in their own work place and level the same criticism at their own personal performance.

In the absence of any coherent football for several years now, I'd take Neil Warnocks brand of footy if it brought about team spirit and success. 

Archived