Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Reading (H) - Tues 16th Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread


Match Polls  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

What on earth are the likes of Massengo and Bakinson thinking when Vyner is starting ahead of them in midfield?

That's nothing against Vyner BTW. He has every right to be starting, he has put in some great performances this season, but play him in his natural position at CB or RB. 

Your job is potentially on the line, and yet you continue to play players out of position? Baffled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Robins TV has

Right to Left

                                      Vyner                   Kalas                      Moore

Mariappa                                                                                                          Hunt

If Reading have done their homework, they’ll be attacking down our left so Hunt and Moore will need to be on it from kick off

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dean you've demanded a reaction after the Watford game, are you confident the players will be up for it tonight?"

*Deep breath*

"We have to provide a response from Saturday there's no doubt about that..."

 

Yes would be the answer you're looking for, right?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

I would really like a response to the pasting we had the last time out....sadly we are like a moribund animal slowly clawing it's way to imminent death.....we all know its coming....but we still can't take our eyes off it until the creature as it breathes its last breath.....

 

Let’s hope the chuffer is put out of its misery tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

"Dean you've demanded a reaction after the Watford game, are you confident the players will be up for it tonight?"

*Deep breath*

"We have to provide a response from Saturday there's no doubt about that..."

 

Yes would be the answer you're looking for, right?

He can’t speak tactics so has to fluff it up with inane waffle that doesn’t say anything. He’s Ron Manager with a northwest accent.  

Edited by cityloyal473
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

What on earth are the likes of Massengo and Bakinson thinking when Vyner is starting ahead of them in midfield?

That's nothing against Vyner BTW. He has every right to be starting, he has put in some great performances this season, but play him in his natural position at CB or RB. 

Your job is potentially on the line, and yet you continue to play players out of position? Baffled. 

I assume Vyner will be in the back 3 tonight and not midfield 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Formations change constantly throughout any match very much depending which team is in possession. All we need to know is what type any player is - defender, midfielders or forwards.

Way too much importance is placed on formations. Player fluidity is the key.

 

😴

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunt on the left is a mistake imo.

He is one of the few that can get a ball into the box - from his right foot.

Can't see him being much of an attacking threat on the left.

Mind you, whoever plays on the left is being hung out to dry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems Holden has decided that he wants to stick with the 3-5-2 he had planned would be our main set up over the summer. 

Worked early on and he has said recently he feels he has made too many changes. Fair enough but we don't have any decent wing backs to make it work. 

Just feel that he has us in a tailspin now and can't see him getting us out of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Hunt on the left is a mistake imo.

He is one of the few that can get a ball into the box - from his right foot.

Can't see him being much of an attacking threat on the left.

Mind you, whoever plays on the left is being hung out to dry.

Sacrificing some attacking threat with an eye on making the defence better is probably for the best given how easily they’ve attacked down that side over the last few games

Edited by pl00peh91
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Seems Holden has decided that he wants to stick with the 3-5-2 he had planned would be our main set up over the summer. 

Worked early on and he has said recently he feels he has made too many changes. Fair enough but we don't have any decent wing backs to make it work. 

Just feel that he has us in a tailspin now and can't see him getting us out of it. 

Unfortunately, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I have to agree with that bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dean said “Nagy, Henri, Pato - midfield trio”

Ragy, Tag and Bobtail

For those of a certain age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Davefevs said:

So far I have

Bentley

RWB / RCB / Kalas / LCB / LWB

Nagy / Lansbury / Paterson

Diedhiou / Wells

Not worked out who out of Moore, Vyner, Mariappa, Hunt is playing the four positions.

Mariappa Vyner Kalas Moore Hunt I think (right to left)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...