IGNORED

Who?

Greedo

So if Deano were to get (please, god) the boot after tonight’s game, who would you want in to replace him?

Unlike the summer when LJ left and there seemed to be a variety of possible candidates, it feels like there’s rather more slim pickings now in terms of both available managers and managers who are in post at other clubs that we might be reasonably equipped to poach. 

For me I like what Ismael is doing at Barnsley, and we’ve shopped for managers at Oakwell before. 

(Apologies if this has come up in one of the larger threads already & I've missed it, please mothball in if so.)

Away from the obvious names - wasn't Ryan Lowe mooted in the summer? Got Plymouth promoted last season, they are currently 10th in L1. Posting some decent xG numbers, play a 352, and he might be tempted to come to us? I know he's not as 'proven' as someone like Cook or Howe, but he's proving himself a good manager. 

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nobody who is any good would want to come here and work for Mark (Slimey) Ashton, so it looks like it will be Simpson & Downing who will of course produce more of the same.

Surely if Dean were let go before a new manager was appointed.  I would have thought that Tins would step in until a new appointment was made?

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Away from the obvious names - wasn't Ryan Lowe mooted in the summer? Got Plymouth promoted last season, they are currently 10th in L1. Posting some decent xG numbers, play a 352, and he might be tempted to come to us? I know he's not as 'proven' as someone like Cook or Howe, but he's proving himself a good manager. 

He's just signed a new deal there, compensation therefore higher

I'm never in the know about anything but was told in some confidence by a family member that does have an 'in' at the club that Eddie Howe was having a year out but would be taking up the job this summer, hence the 1 year rolling contract for Holden.

Glorified caretaker if you will. One remit, keep us in the division. All with the possibility of returning to the coaching team once that was achieved and Howe in place.

I took it with a massive pinch of salt and not given much thought since but putting it out there.

I think Howe's stock would be much higher and he's out of our league, but who knows.

Pinch of salt anyone?

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lowe is doing another good job at Plymouth. Just a point (whether it makes any difference or not)  he did sign a new contract with Plymouth only last week!.

If I’m making a prediction.. 

I think we might get someone short term as a caretaker. Perhaps we will go for someone totally different - a McCarthy or a Warnock type - just to keep us up. I don’t think they’ll go with Paul Simpson as the PR would be awful. They don’t usually care about that but they need ST renewals.

A fair few people have said similar to the above about Howe so if I’m to make a prediction he’ll be our man in the summer. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Paul Cook would be my choice. 

I'd also be happy with Howe (obviously) or Ryan Lowe. 

The big thing for me is appointing someone with a track record of getting the most out of their resources and getting teams promoted.

I think that’s the big thing for everyone... except for one man sadly. 

18 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

If we get in Nigel Pearson. SL would have to sack  MA or change his powers he has over the current manager. Or else Nigel will be off within the month. Lets get Nigel before he goes else wear. Then put on you hard hats and enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately I think Nigel has anger management issues! He might clump MA though!

Archived