IGNORED

Who?

Greedo

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Jokanovic for me. Plays good football, decent man manager, decent tactically, track record with Watford and Fulham. 

Don't see us tempting him away from Qatar's money, pretty sure he's said before he'd only leave for the right club

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Much less opportunity for a nickname though - and City's social media loves a nickname. He's much more suited for a cricketing number. 

Howey?

Nigel Pearson until the end of the season to keep us up, then take it from there. He turned Watford around last season when he took over and they were adrift at the bottom. Admittedly it went a bit sour and he left, I think after an 'altercation' with players.

If he has anger management issues though, that's good. Quite a few players wuld benefit from a good old fashioned dose of the hairdryer treatment right now. It never did SAF any harm.

35 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I'm never in the know about anything but was told in some confidence by a family member that does have an 'in' at the club that Eddie Howe was having a year out but would be taking up the job this summer, hence the 1 year rolling contract for Holden.

Glorified caretaker if you will. One remit, keep us in the division. All with the possibility of returning to the coaching team once that was achieved and Howe in place.

I took it with a massive pinch of salt and not given much thought since but putting it out there.

I think Howe's stock would be much higher and he's out of our league, but who knows.

Pinch of salt anyone?

Hmmm. Interestingly I've heard similar. And then appointing Holden makes sense, an internal stop gap. Just have to do the actual staying up part then...

37 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I'm never in the know about anything but was told in some confidence by a family member that does have an 'in' at the club that Eddie Howe was having a year out but would be taking up the job this summer, hence the 1 year rolling contract for Holden.

Glorified caretaker if you will. One remit, keep us in the division. All with the possibility of returning to the coaching team once that was achieved and Howe in place.

I took it with a massive pinch of salt and not given much thought since but putting it out there.

I think Howe's stock would be much higher and he's out of our league, but who knows.

Pinch of salt anyone?

I think someone is pulling your plonker!

1 minute ago, fgrsimon said:

Nigel Pearson until the end of the season to keep us up, then take it from there. He turned Watford around last season when he took over and they were adrift at the bottom. Admittedly it went a bit sour and he left, I think after an 'altercation' with players.

If he has anger management issues though, that's good. Quite a few players wuld benefit from a good old fashioned dose of the hairdryer treatment right now. It never did SAF any harm.

Aye. Can’t imagine ‘Deano’ has much of a hairdryer in his locker. Pearson would certainly be a shock to the system for some on the dressing room. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nobody who is any good would want to come here and work for Mark (Slimey) Ashton, so it looks like it will be Simpson & Downing who will of course produce more of the same.

Exactly?.........until we restructure the organisation, nothing will improve.   If DH gets the boot, another "Yes Man" will be installed, it will be someone who is willing to work under Ashton.  So it will prove impossible to recruit a quality  Manger/coach.  The problem is to an extent Holden, but it goes so much deeper than that, and despite SL's radio interview producing some   encouragement for us supporters, his "Love In"with Ashton shows no sign of changing.

I am afraid that we are doomed to remain a nearly team, untill SL wakes up to the need for a Director of football, an independent coach/ manager, and a fresh and dynamic scouting network.  Until   then we will languish in relative obscurity IMHO.   However there is a seed of hope that SL will feel the urge for a change of direction, if his frustration with our "treading water" proves too much.   A change of heart/revelation  for Steve appears are only hope......?

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Much less opportunity for a nickname though - and City's social media loves a nickname. He's much more suited for a cricketing number. 

Reg, Howe rhymes with Gow. Good enough for me. He's here   he's there , he's every bl**dy where..  Eddie Howe Eddie Howe

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Pinch of salt anyone?

I want to believe this so much, and I do believe you were told it, but just sounds too good to be true!

Also, imagine being Eddie Howe sat at home watching us at the moment knowing you are going to take this steaming pile over in the summer! ?

I think he's above us sadly. I think Lansdown is more likely to look down the leagues than up. Probably will get Ryan Lowe...

43 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Nigel Pearson would be a disaster waiting to happen (ring any bells?)!! Not because he can't manage...................he would be a great Manager for a club like ours............but Stevie wouldn't have the stomach to entertain an "attitude" like him for a nano-second and it would 100% end up in a "real" sacking i.e. you're actually fired and no compensation followed by a court battle imo. Shame though because, as a player, you wouldn't piss about playing under him if you fancied staying at the club.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If I’m making a prediction.. 

I think we might get someone short term as a caretaker. Perhaps we will go for someone totally different - a McCarthy or a Warnock type - just to keep us up. I don’t think they’ll go with Paul Simpson as the PR would be awful. They don’t usually care about that but they need ST renewals.

A fair few people have said similar to the above about Howe so if I’m to make a prediction he’ll be our man in the summer. 

The problem with a caretaker manager,  till the end of the season, is what do you do with him if he’s successful? If the person isn’t the long term solution now, he won’t be at the end of the season.  I don’t think City should mess around with temporary solutions, but rather sort things out properly for the long term.  If it was an internal short term appointment, for example, Brian Tinnion,  there’s the additional risk that his only management experience was a bit of a disaster. 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The problem with a caretaker manager,  till the end of the season, is what do you do with him if he’s successful? If the person isn’t the long term solution now, he won’t be at the end of the season.  I don’t think City should mess around with temporary solutions, but rather sort things out properly for the long term.  If it was an internal short term appointment, for example, Brian Tinnion,  there’s the additional risk that his only management experience was a bit of a disaster. 

That’s true - I think they’ll be swayed by fan opinion this time and won’t appoint from within. Too much on the line to indulge in that sort of gamble.

Archived