IGNORED

Who?

Greedo

31 minutes ago, thatchersgold said:

He willl be picked up by 1 of a long list of better clubs then  us

I’m sure there will be plenty of suitors, but you don’t know for sure. If we can pay him the right money and sell the club we’ve got a good chance. He very much fits the type of manager I think Lansdown likes.

1 minute ago, extonsred said:

Noooooo

I think Howe is the personality type that the City hierarchy would want, I also don’t think Howe is certain to be offered a job with a Premier League side, as he only has had limited success at Bournemouth. His one other manager job was at Burnley, which didn’t work out particularly well. City , a club which historically likes to give managers a good go , rather than the Watford style revolving door type club may well appeal to Howe

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Howe in the summer would be an unbelievable appointment.

I can see why he's a popular choice - he did a stellar job at Bournemouth. But could he replicate  that at a club other than Bournemouth, with whom he had/has a very longstanding relationship? I'm not convinced.

19 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This man for me. 

1.40 - 2.55 he talks about us. 

Wigan fans did however mention he tended to talk like that about a lot of clubs. But I really like the bloke, I think he’s exactly the sort of character we need & won’t expect to spend a lot of money. 

He’d be my choice. 

I just can’t see the hierarchy liking someone like him. He’s too straight talking, too sensible and almost too much of an obvious choice.

They'll want someone more indulgent I think - Eddie Howe or possibly Lampard. I suspect if they’re going to spend on a manager they’ll want a flashy ‘marquee signing’ one with plenty of media attention and probably younger than 40.

That might work out well, @Harry did a great post in the summer about how (in that example) Steven Gerrard could bring momentum and star quality that’ll get an extra 10% from the players. I can see that happening.

I think a Paul Cook type is probably what we need for longevity and making us a playoff and above side. I wouldn’t be against Nigel Pearson necessarily - I rate him and think he’d do well here if allowed to get on with it uninhibited.

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This man for me. 

1.40 - 2.55 he talks about us. 

Wigan fans did however mention he tended to talk like that about a lot of clubs. But I really like the bloke, I think he’s exactly the sort of character we need & won’t expect to spend a lot of money. 

Ran out of likes.

This man for me.

Similar to SC perhaps in that he doesn’t take any shit from anyone.Always remember when Wigan were playing Man City in the cup he had to be dragged away from LJ’s mate Pep in the tunnel at half time. (Live shot on tv )

Done his managers apprenticeship like Gary Johnson had done before he came here.

Who knows what’s gonna happen though . Having listened to SL last night I think changes will soon be made.

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

Nigel Pearson until the end of the season to keep us up, then take it from there. He turned Watford around last season when he took over and they were adrift at the bottom. Admittedly it went a bit sour and he left, I think after an 'altercation' with players.

If he has anger management issues though, that's good. Quite a few players wuld benefit from a good old fashioned dose of the hairdryer treatment right now. It never did SAF any harm.

I agree with this. Managed at the highest level, been there , done it and got the T-shirt as far as promotion is concerned. Much, much closer to a Pat Lam type in terms of achievement, certainly  more than DH.

I'm really not convinced by Eddie Howe. His success came off the back over overspending with almost unlimited recourses. We don't work like that (rightly so). 

Of course I can admire what he achieved with Bournemouth, but I'm not convinced about HOW he did it. 

His only forray away from Bournemouth was a failure (Burnley) and I think his demands would be too costly for someone with his limited track record, IMHO. 

Cook and Pearson are always names I've fancied here. I was keen on Hughton, although that's obviously water under the bridge now. 

Those saying Lampard must be deluded..! He's just left Chelsea FFS..! Get real.! 

Otherwise its hard to identify anyone else. 

Lower league risk..? Overseas risk..? Poach from another championship club (if they apply)..? 

Maybe just putting it out to application and seeing who fancies it is the first step, because you never know where that might lead. 

39 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I think mark Hughes , tony pulis or Steve mclaren would be a perfect fit for the way we play 

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

My god, surely we haven’t sunk that low - yet

I ignored it as bollocks but that Rory dealien idiot has posted in several places that Mark Hughes is in line already. 

Really doesn't inspire me. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm really not convinced by Eddie Howe. His success came off the back over overspending with almost unlimited recourses. We don't work like that (rightly so). 

Of course I can admire what he achieved with Bournemouth, but I'm not convinced about HOW he did it. 

His only forray away from Bournemouth was a failure (Burnley) and I think his demands would be too costly for someone with his limited track record, IMHO. 

Cook and Pearson are always names I've fancied here. I was keen on Hughton, although that's obviously water under the bridge now. 

Those saying Lampard must be deluded..! He's just left Chelsea FFS..! Get real.! 

Otherwise its hard to identify anyone else. 

Lower league risk..? Overseas risk..? Poach from another championship club (if they apply)..? 

Maybe just putting it out to application and seeing who fancies it is the first step, because you never know where that might lead. 

I think re: Lampard you’re confusing who the board would want with who fans want.

I don’t think he’d be the fans first choice, but our board clearly favour a certain type. He fits the mould and we went after Gerrard last summer.

Arguably some of Howe’s greatest success at Bournemouth was when they didn’t have money. 

Archived