IGNORED

Let's just have a bit of dignity

Marina's Rolls Royce

Dean needs to go and I wish him every best wishes for his future.

But please please can we at least appreciate that whilst he was not the right - can posters on OTIB at least let him go with a bit of dignity and not the personal attacks that seem fair game for so many. 

He is not personally responsible for all the faults at BCFC, or the injuries, or the strategy which comes from the top.

Top bloke- wish him well but time for SL to rethink exactly what he wants from this Club because, Lord knows, he's testing our loyalty.

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

But please please can we at least appreciate that whilst he was not the right - can posters on OTIB at least let him go with a bit of dignity and not the personal attacks that seem fair game for so many. 

He is not personally responsible for all the faults at BCFC, or the injuries, or the strategy which comes from the top.

Top bloke- wish him well but time for SL to rethink exactly what he wants from this Club because, Lord knows, he's testing our loyalty.

Agree , he’s offered a job with the biggest financial package in his life can’t blame the guy for backing himself. Blame for me with Lansdown snr & jnr & Ashton 

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I honestly think the sooner Holden geoes the better, for this exact reason. He was the wrong appointment. I seemed it at the time and it has been obvious of late. The longer he stays, the more vitriolic the atmosphere gets and the more the results hit his reputation. By all accounts, he's well rated as a coach and hopefully he can rebuild his reputation as part of a backroom team elsewhere. But the longer he is in the dugout, the worse he'll be remembered. 

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sounds like an obituary which I would absolutely support but would anyone be surprised if he was still in charge on Saturday?

There will be no change in the plan and SL and his puppet Ashton will just bring in another Dean/LJ clone someone who will continue with it.

Do not expect any manager you have ever heard of to replace Dean when he does go. We will continue to go....no-where.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Sounds like an obituary which I would absolutely support but would anyone be surprised if he was still in charge on Saturday?

No, I wouldn't. 

I expect he was told he's got 2 games to turn things around. 

Highly probable he will be in charge on Saturday, unless there's another capitulation in this second half. 

In the olden days (no pun intended) there would have been no quarter spared & the lancers would have taken him down without any mercy.

No place for sentiment - just the sacrifice.

He was always going to be the fall guy.

As you say, not his fault he was selected. Just the cheap & convenient option by the untouchable MA & the myopic overlord above.

Dreadful, dreadful football mind.

Buck stops with SL...some terrible footballing decisions over the years.

With that much business noise...and money...you'd think you'd be a better judge.

Great intentions...but it's obvious now after all these years that he hasn't got a clue on how to progress a club as fast as he wants.

He sets himself up every season for massive falls.

Problem is right now, is that he's in a right pickle. Pretty much all the staff have question marks over them.

And the players just look disinterested. That speaks volumes...

I have nothing bad to say about Holden other than he was not the right man for the job. I don’t blame him for going for the job, and he’s been hugely unlucky with injury, but this was the wrong step. 
I hope Holden doesn’t get any vitriol aimed his way, questions have to be asked higher up this time. 

16 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

There will be no change in the plan and SL and his puppet Ashton will just bring in another Dean/LJ clone someone who will continue with it.

Do not expect any manager you have ever heard of to replace Dean when he does go. We will continue to go....no-where.

I disagree. League one within 18 months is odds on if we go for another yes man no Mark. 

I feel for DH, seems a really decent bloke, and unfortunately things haven’t worked out for him.

Tonight I have read some very tasteless posts in the Reading match thread, being derogatory towards DH, we are better than that, let’s show some dignity towards the bloke.

I expect his family and his Dad read this forum, let’s not forget that.

7 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Sacking DH is not the solution as the problem lies with the CEO (snake) and the Chairman who is on holiday in Bermuda FFS. The owner has taken his eye of the ball. 
Shambles of a club!

Steve Lansdown is 100% responsible for the mess we find ourselves in. He couldn't have made it any clearer that he's totally behind the CEO so as far as I'm concerned the heat has to be taken off Teflon now. He's clearly doing the job that Steve wants him to do.

Steve's club, Steve's money, Steve's total **** up. Supporters mean absolutely nothing. When he talked about entertainment last night he was literally taking the piss out of supporters. He was having a laugh to himself. The likes of Holden are just a side show.

I'm not sure what "legacy" Steve thinks he's leaving but it will be far different in his mind to that of the supporters that's for sure.

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Buck stops with SL...some terrible footballing decisions over the years.

With that much business noise...and money...you'd think you'd be a better judge.

Great intentions...but it's obvious now after all these years that he hasn't got a clue on how to progress a club as fast as he wants.

He sets himself up every season for massive falls.

Problem is right now, is that he's in a right pickle. Pretty much all the staff have question marks over them.

And the players just look disinterested. That speaks volumes...

This.

On the pitch, we’re awful. And that is all I care about. I don’t give a stuff about your training ground, your academy, your stadium.

Steve has built an empire. With a value. An asset.

The footballing side is a shambles. He literally has no idea what he’s doing.

Give me league 1 football, in the old east end, with fantastic football any day over that sterile Ashton Gate we have now.

I feel sorry for Dean. It’s not his fault. The apple is rotten to the core. And the core needs throwing out. And that core is Ashton.

29 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Surely they will not make him suffer yet another defeat on saturday, the best thing to do would be to say thanks and goodbye tonight.   It's the backroom staff who need to find a fix ASAP, Before it becomes terminal?

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I feel for DH, seems a really decent bloke, and unfortunately things haven’t worked out for him.

Tonight I have read some very tasteless posts in the Reading match thread, being derogatory towards DH, we are better than that, let’s show some dignity towards the bloke.

I expect his family and his Dad read this forum, let’s not forget that.

I agree with what you are saying but let's be honest it goes with the territory of being a football manager, he and every other manager/ coach whatever you want to call them know that when they take on their highly paid jobs.

40 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What are you waffling about..Who’s personally attacked dean? 

Archived