IGNORED

Let's just have a bit of dignity

Marina's Rolls Royce

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree but he hasn’t really had personal attacks. Most seem to appreciate he took the opportunity but just isn’t ready yet/good enough.

Personal attacks against Holden are few and rare. Johnson had it far worse. 

I agree any personal attacks are a disgrace, but i've got to say - personal posts some are talking about, have been very few on OTIB?

I can't recall anything personal on the match day thread, but may have missed one or two posts.

As you say, personal comments/attacks about LJ were the norm here, i've seen very few about Holden.

Not condoning it for a second if it is happening, just not seen not much of it.

54 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dean needs to go and I wish him every best wishes for his future.

But please please can we at least appreciate that whilst he was not the right - can posters on OTIB at least let him go with a bit of dignity and not the personal attacks that seem fair game for so many. 

He is not personally responsible for all the faults at BCFC, or the injuries, or the strategy which comes from the top.

Top bloke- wish him well but time for SL to rethink exactly what he wants from this Club because, Lord knows, he's testing our loyalty.

55 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

But please please can we at least appreciate that whilst he was not the right - can posters on OTIB at least let him go with a bit of dignity and not the personal attacks that seem fair game for so many. 

He is not personally responsible for all the faults at BCFC, or the injuries, or the strategy which comes from the top.

Top bloke- wish him well but time for SL to rethink exactly what he wants from this Club because, Lord knows, he's testing our loyalty.

The bigger problem now is from the shit show in the summer ******* around and then appointing someone like him (not his fault I know and I do like the guy)  is in real terms it has prob put us back 2 years ! We were sat nicely primed for success and just needed a bit of experience to push us on and we have ****** ourselves yet again ?

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I agree any personal attacks are a disgrace, but i've got to say - personal posts some are talking about, have been very few on OTIB?

I can't recall anything personal on the match day thread, but may have missed one or two posts.

As you say, personal comments/attacks about LJ were the norm here, i've seen very few about Holden.

Not condoning it for a second if it is happening, just not seen not much of it.

Exactly. The anger seems to be directed mainly at Ashton and also the Lansdowns. Holden getting off lightly.

He’s tried his best but he’s just not good enough. This seems to basically be the accepted narrative. No shame in that, of course he’d want to test himself in this role.

49 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

There will be no change in the plan and SL and his puppet Ashton will just bring in another Dean/LJ clone someone who will continue with it.

Do not expect any manager you have ever heard of to replace Dean when he does go. We will continue to go....no-where.

I think they may have learn a lesson and that was alluded to in the SL Radio Bristol interview. He implied that they may have made a mistake.

Think they will choose better next time.

I feel sorry for Dean obviously a top bloke. The way the club have handled his appointment was embarrassing, keeping him waiting for 6 weeks then coming out sayinf he was pretty much the second coming.

I don’t blame him at all, injures haven’t helped and I’m not even sure his coaching team was his pick or some of these signings. 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I think they may have learn a lesson and that was alluded to in the SL Radio Bristol interview. He implied that they may have made a mistake.

Think they will choose better next time.

I'm glad you do! History suggests evens on another fiasco.

18 minutes ago, bris red said:

What are you waffling about..Who’s personally attacked dean? 

Errrrrr......... 

You !-  last Thursday at 7:36 p.m.   

"The bloke is deluded. He needs putting out of his misery - completely out of his depth"

Hardly a constructive comment.

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I feel sorry for Dean obviously a top bloke. The way the club have handled his appointment was embarrassing, keeping him waiting for 6 weeks then coming out sayinf he was pretty much the second coming.

I don’t blame him at all, injures haven’t helped and I’m not even sure his coaching team was his pick or some of these signings. 

Agreed also players haven't helped him either lots of them with their hand out for a wage but no heart or passion for the club.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Most people don’t blame Dean, you know that all too well.

it’s Lansdown’s fault, but you’ll never admit to it.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Errrrrr......... 

"The bloke is deluded. He needs putting out of his misery - completely out of his depth"

You are just coming across as desparate

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Errrrrr......... 

Im sure Dean Holden is big enough and ugly enough to accept he is out of his depth, hardly a personal attack on the bloke you sensitive little soul.

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Errrrrr......... 

Ah yes, just like you posting a thread saying "Get over it you muppets" last time we won.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Holden has not been personally attacked anywhere on here but he's been rightly criticised for his ability in the role he applied for.

Compared to how LJ was actually personally attacked on a daily basis, Deano pretty much has universal sympathy of the fans on the forum. 

17 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Errrrrr......... 

Oh sorry, I thought you said he was personally attacked? 

50 minutes ago, reddoh said:

My thoughts are  He will stay in charge until the end of the season and will then be replaced by a Manager who doesn't have to clear out the deadwood as a lot of players are out of contract and he can recruit who he wants.

don't often quote myself but that aged well.

still I will dust myself down and go again.

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

don't often quote myself but that aged well.

still I will dust myself down and go again.

It's a game of fine margins, this message board punditry.

As David St Hubbins said, there's such a thin line between clever... and stupid.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Can’t expand further but let’s say he is and going to be having long holidays there on a semi permanent basis 

His property acquisition is in the public domain so no probs.

One up on his Dad - Bermuda or Guernsey ? Hmmm.

Archived