IGNORED

The Players.

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Ashton and Holden, along with both Lansdowns have taken some stick on here over our current plight.

Why do the players get a free ride on collective responsibility, they look absolutely pathetic, lacking enthusiasm, pace, desire and on that basis they are stealing a living.

We aren’t talking about kids, there are some experienced players out on that pitch who should be showing some pride and self respect, along with setting a good example to the younger players.  They should be more than capable of  organising themselves on the pitch, they know the game, they know what it takes to win, if they feel they are being set up poorly, or played out of position, why not grow a pair and reorganise themselves once they cross the white line.

I’m sure we’ve all worked for a boss we didn’t like or didn’t agree with his methods, but pride stops you becoming useless, you either stand up to the boss or move on, not slouch around messing things up to spite the boss.

Yes, I agree we need a change of Manager, but these players should be ashamed of themselves and if they suddenly turn it round for a new man in charge, I will lose any tiny bit of respect I might have left for them.

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ashton and Holden, along with both Lansdowns have taken some stick on here over our current plight.

Why do the players get a free ride on collective responsibility, they look absolutely pathetic, lacking enthusiasm, pace, desire and on that basis they are stealing a living.

We aren’t talking about kids, there are some experienced players out on that pitch who should be showing some pride and self respect, along with setting a good example to the younger players.  They should be more than capable of  organising themselves on the pitch, they know the game, they know what it takes to win, if they feel they are being set up poorly, or played out of position, why not grow a pair and reorganise themselves once they cross the white line.

I’m sure we’ve all worked for a boss we didn’t like or didn’t agree with his methods, but pride stops you becoming useless, you either stand up to the boss or move on, not slouch around messing things up to spite the boss.

Yes, I agree we need a change of Manager, but these players should be ashamed of themselves and if they suddenly turn it round for a new man in charge, I will lose any tiny bit of respect I might have left for them.

Your right but no way is Holden gona get these so called players up for it. 

Has to change now before it's to late.

Just now, Spoons said:

Guttless cowards.... The players that is. To down tools so blatantly, take their wages off them this week and give to charity. 

Obviously Dean holden future looking bleak but no dignity from players. 

Rapidly falling out of love with this club. 

Took the words out my mouth

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sadly pride has little place in modern football. players have too much power, you see it almost every time at the end of a managers tenure.

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

A classic case of the players knowing the coach isn’t up to the job.

I don’t feel a lot of our players are up to it either, a complete lack of quality week after week. Our recruitment from this, and  especially the previous manager has been awful. 11 individuals, no rhythm in our play, total lack of pace, skill, know how, desire and leadership. 

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Hopefully , If Holden gets the chop tonight he will let them have both barrels before he leaves

Or even better drop the nut on a couple 

Who signs the players? And to think that the odious Mark Ashton waxes lyrical about how we do our due diligence on our incomings. DNA and all that codswallop. Ashton out!!!!!!! Blame the players all you like. But blame who brought them to the club and who chooses who prepares them for matches more. 

The players are not as bad as they are showing. 1-11 this side is performing so poorly against their history and pedigree individually it almost defies belief:

However buck stops with the Manager, or Head Coach.

Players are not being played in their positions

They are not motivated

Look fatigued and overtrained, worried about injury

Paralysed by shape, instruction, phases of play

Cannot also say too much how not having a left-back/left-wing back is a disaster. The whole defending and attacking options we have are currently completely skewed and everything is off.

Awful decision whoever decided we could get through without one. Naive and speaks volumes.

You know what, I just can’t stand watching their lack of effort. I have been, along with probably a vast majority on this forum, locked away from my colleagues, working long hours on zoom without as much as a beer in real life with my mates from work. This shower of xxxx get to go in every day, play football, travel, get tested frequently and basically live a better version of life then most, and that is what they serve up. 

hang your heads in shame, charlatans. 

10 minutes ago, forbespm said:

And the fact they all refused a pay cut at the start of the pandemic whilst staff lost there jobs sums them up.selfish,lazy *****

This still getting said? The staff who were made redundant (ie the job isn't there for them to do anymore) were Ashton Gate staff and not those of Bristol City Football Club and therefore even if the players took a deduction it wouldn't have been used to save the jobs etc.

• Admin
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Sadly pride has little place in modern football. players have too much power, you see it almost every time at the end of a managers tenure.

Football will kill itself, who is going to pay good money to watch overpaid petulant brats, with no sense of pride in their performance, you will get apologists like Robbie Savage who says the money doesn’t make any difference, what he doesn’t understand, is that it does to those of us grafting every day to put a roof over our heads and find the money for season or match tickets, sky subscriptions etc.  Most people won’t keep shelling out if they think the recipients of their hard earned are ripping the piss out of them.

Players buying new £70K Mercs who have achieved NOTHING in the game and couldn't score in a brothel. In fact haven't even had a shot for weeks. Not one of them can lead on a football pitch except when it's time to skulk round behind the Manager's back and decide to down tools. And soft bastards on here feel sorry for them.

Every out of contract player needs bombing out at the end of the season. Just **** off out of our football club and enjoy oblivion in the lower leagues with your local park for a training ground and 3K watching you every week.

£10-25K per week salaries flying round that dressing room and for that you are able to down tools when you feel like it...............jokers the lot of them. If there's any justice in the world half of them will be staring at Dean's arse in the dole queue.

On the subject itself I actually would rather see Sam Bell run his heart out for 90 minutes than either Famara or Wells playing another game this season, I'd rather see Sam Pearson or Ryley Towler on the pitch then those who played tonight, you at least know you're getting total effort and commitment from them.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Football will kill itself, who is going to pay good money to watch overpaid petulant brats, with no sense of pride in their performance, you will get apologists like Robbie Savage who says the money doesn’t make any difference, what he doesn’t understand, is that it does to those of us grafting every day to put a roof over our heads and find the money for season or match tickets, sky subscriptions etc.  Most people won’t keep shelling out if they think the recipients of their hard earned are ripping the piss out of them.

This pandemic has opened lots of people eyes up to different things in life. I think a lot of people have got used to not going to games. 

MA is not in the clear in this is he? The ‘look how clever I am, none of them have been offered contracts for next year other than Fammy’.

I get the logic with Covid etc, but hardly surprising a few players are thinking of next year and who are they going to be with already, and not going to take any risks with their fitness. If we go down I can not think of any relegation which has been so utterly self inflicted.

To be fair players are humans. Let's be honest most people probably have had managers they don't like or think they have a clue, etc and don't work as hard as they could. 

It must be quite frustrating for them when we seem to be tactically stuck in the 90s and a lot of odd team selections from the off really. 

19 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

They came here for money and a contract and they were invited by Dean/Ashton/SL combo they didnt invite themselves here the buck stops at the top, with the engine driver he put the shit on the wheels.

24 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Who identified and signed these players, many on big wages and long contracts? Mark Ashton. 

Edit: I agree with you, the players are a disgrace. Hopefully many of them will leave in the summer, starting with Diedhiou.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The players are not as bad as they are showing. 1-11 this side is performing so poorly against their history and pedigree individually it almost defies belief:

However buck stops with the Manager, or Head Coach.

Players are not being played in their positions

They are not motivated

Look fatigued and overtrained, worried about injury

Paralysed by shape, instruction, phases of play

Cannot also say too much how not having a left-back/left-wing back is a disaster. The whole defending and attacking options we have are currently completely skewed and everything is off.

Awful decision whoever decided we could get through without one. Naive and speaks volumes.

Like I said, they aren’t kids, once they cross the line they could stick two fingers up and play how they wanted, what could the Manager do, sub them all?They are far from blameless, there were blatant lack of effort and self respect on show tonight, by all means suggest the club needs a root and branch review and overhaul, but the players don’t come out of this with any credibility.

Archived