IGNORED

The Players.

Maesknoll Red

2 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

To be fair players are humans. Let's be honest most people probably have had managers they don't like or think they have a clue, etc and don't work as hard as they could. 

It must be quite frustrating for them when we seem to be tactically stuck in the 90s and a lot of odd team selections from the off really. 

Oh ffs.  Well if  they dont like their boss they could swap with schoolmates the same age working for £8 an hour at MacDonalds.

Just now, glos old boy said:

They came here for money and a contract and they were invited by Dean/Ashton/SL combo they didnt invite themselves here the buck stops at the top, with the engine driver he put the shit on the wheels.

The problem many of these players have is their contracts run out this season and there isn't as much money being thrown around football clubs right now. If they had any sense they would fire a rocket up their own arse but they're footballers so don't have a clue about the real world...............just yet.

• Admin
1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

They came here for money and a contract and they were invited by Dean/Ashton/SL combo they didnt invite themselves here the buck stops at the top, with the engine driver he put the shit on the wheels.

Money and a contract, money they aren’t earning and if I performed like that in my job, my contract wou”d soon be put in front of me pointing where I had failed in my contracted duties and expectations.

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

MA is not in the clear in this is he? The ‘look how clever I am, none of them have been offered contracts for next year other than Fammy’.

I get the logic with Covid etc, but hardly surprising a few players are thinking of next year and who are they going to be with already, and not going to take any risks with their fitness. If we go down I can not think of any relegation which has been so utterly self inflicted.

The decision to play these players is laughable.  Palmer, Massengo, Semenyo, Bakinson are under contract next season.

Play them

If the likes of Paterson and Lansbury are thinking of next season they must be thinking of Bromley or Yeovil

Just now, The Bard said:

The decision to play these players is laughable.  Palmer, Massengo, Semenyo, Bakinson are under contract next season.

Play them

If the likes of Paterson and Lansbury are thinking of next season they must be thinking of Bromley or Yeovil

You mean the Paterson that was overjoyed at Holden getting the job? Now we are seeing why, easy street... 

10 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The players are not as bad as they are showing. 1-11 this side is performing so poorly against their history and pedigree individually it almost defies belief:

However buck stops with the Manager, or Head Coach.

Players are not being played in their positions

They are not motivated

Look fatigued and overtrained, worried about injury

Paralysed by shape, instruction, phases of play

Cannot also say too much how not having a left-back/left-wing back is a disaster. The whole defending and attacking options we have are currently completely skewed and everything is off.

Awful decision whoever decided we could get through without one. Naive and speaks volumes.

Problem is going back to the left-back situation, can you imagine a Paul Cook or an Alex Neil, or a Chris Hughton or even a Neil Warnock not tipping desks over at the suggestion we did not need a left back.

Course not, part of the reason why Holden was appointed. Yes man.

Also he would not do it, basically deep down feels lucky to have the job and will not rock boats.

Perfect storm of a mess created by ourselves.

11 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

To be fair players are humans. Let's be honest most people probably have had managers they don't like or think they have a clue, etc and don't work as hard as they could. 

It must be quite frustrating for them when we seem to be tactically stuck in the 90s and a lot of odd team selections from the off really. 

Oh, how frustrating for them. I'm almost in tears that they have to go through such frustration. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that many of them are picking up about £30K at the end of the month after tax I would shed a tear for them.

Feel sorry for the bloke who is on £15/hour and working in a shit job for a shit Manager he absolutely hates because he has no alternative alongside a wife and kids to support not these jokers (or the Woman supporting her husband and kids for balance!!).

26 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ashton and Holden, along with both Lansdowns have taken some stick on here over our current plight.

Why do the players get a free ride on collective responsibility, they look absolutely pathetic, lacking enthusiasm, pace, desire and on that basis they are stealing a living.

We aren’t talking about kids, there are some experienced players out on that pitch who should be showing some pride and self respect, along with setting a good example to the younger players.  They should be more than capable of  organising themselves on the pitch, they know the game, they know what it takes to win, if they feel they are being set up poorly, or played out of position, why not grow a pair and reorganise themselves once they cross the white line.

I’m sure we’ve all worked for a boss we didn’t like or didn’t agree with his methods, but pride stops you becoming useless, you either stand up to the boss or move on, not slouch around messing things up to spite the boss.

Yes, I agree we need a change of Manager, but these players should be ashamed of themselves and if they suddenly turn it round for a new man in charge, I will lose any tiny bit of respect I might have left for them.

Said it before, and I'll say it again....they are spoilt . 

What motivation do they have to push on? They come here, earn between £10k-£25k a week, play and train in the best facilities, in a fantastic City, have the best cars, watches and tattoos etc 

The minute they all came out in support of 'Deano' last summer you just knew it was because they knew with him in charge their gravy train would continue 

Get down the Gate Saturday and let them know it I say....

Just now, JonDolman said:

I do question Lansbury's desire. Yes he fouls, but like Wells, I think a lot of the time it's because he can't be bothered to defend properly. I just can't see what Holden is thinking there. Yes he did a few nice long passes down the sides. WOW!

Most others though looked as up for it as ever imo. Terrible team selection, terrible tactics AND a team of players that are not trying against a team of Reading's quality would lose by more than 2 goals to nil.

All i saw was effort but so little quality and no cohesion whatsoever.

These lads are pro's. You can run around a lot and still "down tools". It's not that difficult. Have a look at Nagy on that second goal tonight for a start.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You don't blame players on £20K per week downing tools. Really?

Not really no, if I hire expensive and talented people to work for me, and I have in the past, and I then fail to brief or organise them properly and they perform badly, well that's my problem. They can walk off and work for someone else who makes better use of them.  

And if £20k a week is what footballers get paid that's not their fault, it's the fault of the people who pay them.

The buck stops at the top at City. It's a shambles. Bad craftsmen blaming tools and all that....in my opinion. I can appreciate that others see it differently.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I do question Lansbury's desire. Yes he fouls, but like Wells, I think a lot of the time it's because he can't be bothered to defend properly. I just can't see what Holden is thinking there. Yes he did a few nice long passes down the sides. WOW!

Most others though looked as up for it as ever imo. Terrible team selection, terrible tactics AND a team of players that are not trying against a team of Reading's quality would lose by more than 2 goals to nil.

All i saw was effort but so little quality and no cohesion whatsoever.

I have to disagree, there were several occasions when it was glaringly obvious that Diédhiou held off when he could have challenged, the rest of the senior players (Bentley apart) are going through the motions, I will not accept that the Manager is solely to blame.

• Admin
Just now, Red Exile said:

Not really no, if I hire expensive and talented people to work for me, and I have in the past, and I then fail to brief or organise them properly and they perform badly, well that's my problem. They can walk off and work for someone else who makes better use of them.  

And if £20k a week is what footballers get paid that's not their fault, it's the fault of the people who pay them.

The buck stops at the top at City. It's a shambles. Bad craftsmen blaming tools and all that....in my opinion. I can appreciate that others see it differently.

Expensive and talented people should be able to take responsibility and shoulder some of the burden, when things go wrong, I would be pretty pissed off if I had senior members of my team who couldn’t organise themselves, they shouldn’t need their hands held all the time.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Except in a few months time many of them won't be. If I was them I would be putting it in but there's no legislating for stupidity.

Of course the buck stops at the top........and I'm not talking about Teflon either, it stops RIGHT AT THE TOP with the Owner, nobody else BUT when I see players downing tools and contracts running out I do happen to hope there is some justice in the world and that they find employment as hard to come by as Dean Holden might very soon.

45 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ashton and Holden, along with both Lansdowns have taken some stick on here over our current plight.

Why do the players get a free ride on collective responsibility, they look absolutely pathetic, lacking enthusiasm, pace, desire and on that basis they are stealing a living.

We aren’t talking about kids, there are some experienced players out on that pitch who should be showing some pride and self respect, along with setting a good example to the younger players.  They should be more than capable of  organising themselves on the pitch, they know the game, they know what it takes to win, if they feel they are being set up poorly, or played out of position, why not grow a pair and reorganise themselves once they cross the white line.

I’m sure we’ve all worked for a boss we didn’t like or didn’t agree with his methods, but pride stops you becoming useless, you either stand up to the boss or move on, not slouch around messing things up to spite the boss.

Yes, I agree we need a change of Manager, but these players should be ashamed of themselves and if they suddenly turn it round for a new man in charge, I will lose any tiny bit of respect I might have left for them.

Get rid of em. Bunch of wasters picking up a pay cheque.

Wouldn't bother me seeing them all go.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Expensive and talented people should be able to take responsibility and shoulder some of the burden, when things go wrong, I would be pretty pissed off if I had senior members of my team who couldn’t organise themselves, they shouldn’t need their hands held all the time.

£20K per week and no responsibility............where do I sign?

25 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Money and a contract, money they aren’t earning and if I performed like that in my job, my contract wou”d soon be put in front of me pointing where I had failed in my contracted duties and expectations.

This is said far too often and such a lazy argument. Professional sport is nothing like yours or my job. For starters there's 11 other players trying to stop them doing their job.

23 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Problem is going back to the left-back situation, can you imagine a Paul Cook or an Alex Neil, or a Chris Hughton or even a Neil Warnock not tipping desks over at the suggestion we did not need a left back.

Course not, part of the reason why Holden was appointed. Yes man.

Also he would not do it, basically deep down feels lucky to have the job and will not rock boats.

Perfect storm of a mess created by ourselves.

I thought we were linked with 3, unless I'm misunderstanding this?

Cunningham, Pedersen and Manning.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Ah the blame the players doscourse, chuck in jealously and envy and its a perfect storm for whoever wants to let rip. 

If 20k is market rate, that's what we pay. 

Sorry it doesnt mean that you control them, they have to l8ve your way or indeed have to worry about co dependency 

To some it's a job, they getpaid for doing and that's okay. 

Apparently this doesn't compute because theyve rangerovers or whatever and thus in certain viewpoints the fans own them. 

Have a word, start again and remember players are human not robots

Tonight wasn't as bad as Saturday but last few weeks- say v Cardiff, Derby, Watford and tonight- how many do you think truly earned their wages?

I'd say Brentford away and to some extent Sheffield United away were possible exceptions, but?

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

In my experience that's not how managing temperamental talented people works - you need them to go out and do something exceptional, perform at their peak, week in, week out, and that requires both organisation and inspiration...maybe it shouldn't, but the challenge here, week in week out, is to motivate players who've got wealth beyond dreams and have maybe already achieved everything they set out to achieve, to do it all again for Bristol City. Against Reading. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Except in a few months time many of them won't be. If I was them I would be putting it in but there's no legislating for stupidity.

Of course the buck stops at the top........and I'm not talking about Teflon either, it stops RIGHT AT THE TOP with the Owner, nobody else BUT when I see players downing tools and contracts running out I do happen to hope there is some justice in the world and that they find employment as hard to come by as Dean Holden might very soon.

The buck stops with Steve Lansdown. His track record of managerial appointments is poor.

There is no justice in the world!

5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Ah the blame the players doscourse, chuck in jealously and envy and its a perfect storm for whoever wants to let rip. 

If 20k is market rate, that's what we pay. 

Sorry it doesnt mean that you control them, they have to l8ve your way or indeed have to worry about co dependency 

To some it's a job, they getpaid for doing and that's okay. 

Apparently this doesn't compute because theyve rangerovers or whatever and thus in certain viewpoints the fans own them. 

Have a word, start again and remember players are human not robots

Whereas the Manager isn't human obviously so doesn't get away with it as easily..............................

Make a bad substitution ..................out of your depth.

Down tools................you're human.

I get it now!!

• Admin
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

This is said far too often and such a lazy argument. Professional sport is nothing like yours or my job. For starters there's 11 other players trying to stop them doing their job.

There always is eleven players trying to counter their efforts every week, you still have to have a measure of performance, the players always seem immune to all critique in these circumstances, the Manger get vilified, the owners / CEO’s of clubs have no way to get rid of a large quantity of players, even if they are troublesome and underperforming, so the Manager goes.  

Do you honestly think these players were performing at 100% to salvage some professional pride and to fulfil their contract, which must surely have something about responsibility to the club in it.

4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

But did not sign one.

We definitely should have- I'm a bit out of touch on this one, were they Ashton recommendations blocked by Jon Lansdown or?

Cunningham can play LWB too- 3-5-2 isn't my favoured setup but with the current personnel we've got no chance tbh. At least with one of them a bit more balance.

Majority of players do not care. As others have said 'Easy Street'

The problem is they are forgiven too easily by fans. 

If a player can't pass a football then they aren't trying. Basics. Simple.

Remember when McInness came in, first match was West Ham away iirc? We went from nothing to players suddenly passing the ball and gave a decent showing and nicked a point.

They give up  just watch them roll around yelling when they are tackled. Show me another sport where that happens.

Overpaid, lazy, spoilt brats the majority are 

Archived