IGNORED

The Players.

Maesknoll Red

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

There always is eleven players trying to counter their efforts every week, you still have to have a measure of performance, the players always seem immune to all critique in these circumstances, the Manger get vilified, the owners / CEO’s of clubs have no way to get rid of a large quantity of players, even if they are troublesome and underperforming, so the Manager goes.  

Do you honestly think these players were performing at 100% to salvage some professional pride and to fulfil their contract, which must surely have something about responsibility to the club in it.

Performance is subjective though and has many layers to it. Not defending the players, I’ve already made comment on them but comparing it to a “normal” job is just pointless - for starters you don’t even know that players aren’t reprimanded behind the scenes for lack of performance, secondly they have a market value so it’s not like a team will just sack a player that doesn’t perform.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Ah the blame the players doscourse, chuck in jealously and envy and its a perfect storm for whoever wants to let rip. 

If 20k is market rate, that's what we pay. 

Sorry it doesnt mean that you control them, they have to l8ve your way or indeed have to worry about co dependency 

To some it's a job, they getpaid for doing and that's okay. 

Apparently this doesn't compute because theyve rangerovers or whatever and thus in certain viewpoints the fans own them. 

Have a word, start again and remember players are human not robots

Not sure who this is aimed at, it wouldn’t matter if they earned minimum wage or £250,000 a week, they have to accept some responsibility for what we are seeing.

The Manager is human, if a squad have the mind to sour it for a Manager, they can and do..... not saying that’s happened here, but the displays suggest they aren’t performing as they can.

In my 55 years of watching City I've  witnessed much crap but never, ever, a more loathsome, untalented, overpaid and cowardly bunch of shites than those who comprise our current squad.

I've no inclination of returning whilst they remain. Fans who truly love this club should make it known to these players in what low regard they're held. That they need to go and go now. If we don't take another point all season playing kids it'll be worth it in the long run. And that includes the injured lowlifes , no excuses as you're no better than the dross that has turned out. 

Apologies to the 3 or 4 players who did appear to care, but you too must go. You're contaminated. You've the indelible stench of rotting losers etched into your very being.

If only there was a vaccine to rid us of your scourge.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Players buying new £70K Mercs who have achieved NOTHING in the game and couldn't score in a brothel. In fact haven't even had a shot for weeks. Not one of them can lead on a football pitch except when it's time to skulk round behind the Manager's back and decide to down tools. And soft bastards on here feel sorry for them.

Every out of contract player needs bombing out at the end of the season. Just **** off out of our football club and enjoy oblivion in the lower leagues with your local park for a training ground and 3K watching you every week.

£10-25K per week salaries flying round that dressing room and for that you are able to down tools when you feel like it...............jokers the lot of them. If there's any justice in the world half of them will be staring at Dean's arse in the dole queue.

????????

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

In my 55 years of watching City I've  witnessed much crap but never, ever, a more loathsome, untalented, overpaid and cowardly bunch of shites than those who comprise our current squad.

I've no inclination of returning whilst they remain. Fans who truly love this club should make it known to these players in what low regard they're held. That they need to go and go now. If we don't take another point all season playing kids it'll be worth it in the long run. And that includes the injured lowlifes , no excuses as you're no better than the dross that has turned out. 

Apologies to the 3 or 4 players who did appear to care, but you too must go. You're contaminated. You've the indelible stench of rotting losers etched into your very being.

??????

What do you expect of players asked to go out against no more than an average Reading team and defend for 90 mins.  In what Holden must have knew to be his last chance he decided that he would set the team up to defend for 90 mins in the hope of a 0-0 .

Not at any point this year have we played open attacking football, but surely he should have went for 3 points and sent the players out believing the game plan was to win.

1 hour ago, rednotblue said:

Majority of players do not care. As others have said 'Easy Street'

The problem is they are forgiven too easily by fans. 

If a player can't pass a football then they aren't trying. Basics. Simple.

Remember when McInness came in, first match was West Ham away iirc? We went from nothing to players suddenly passing the ball and gave a decent showing and nicked a point.

They give up  just watch them roll around yelling when they are tackled. Show me another sport where that happens.

Overpaid, lazy, spoilt brats the majority are 

I've wondered about this a few times, but I've subsequently dismissed it.

It's a nice city, a nice wage- you know your wages will be on time as we have stable ownership- Good Training Facilities, Good Ground. Could go on...

Do they put in a shift when they feel like it, I often wonder? If we see frantic harrying and pressing of the opposition in the coming weeks it'll be a big clue...

If they start high pressing like mad, going into blocks and tackles or interceptions, harrying the opposition anyway as if their lives depend on it- it will certainly be a big clue.

I certainly don't think they've left everything on the pitch all that often for a little while now.

Seems a total lack of spirit and togetherness in the squad. When the youngsters have started or come on you don’t see much encouragement or help from the experienced members of the squad. Aside from the fist pumps between Bentley and defenders when a clearance etc is made there doesn’t seem to be any team spirit at all.

2 minutes ago, martnewts said:

Seems a total lack of spirit and togetherness in the squad. When the youngsters have started or come on you don’t see much encouragement or help from the experienced members of the squad. Aside from the fist pumps between Bentley and defenders when a clearance etc is made there doesn’t seem to be any team spirit at all.

But apparently Ashton’s DNA kit ensures they are all good humans and fit together perfectly as a bonded team.

Oddly, my Mark Ashton bullshitometer has just blown another fuse. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

The decision to play these players is laughable.  Palmer, Massengo, Semenyo, Bakinson are under contract next season.

Play them

If the likes of Paterson and Lansbury are thinking of next season they must be thinking of Bromley or Yeovil

Completely agree, same old shit dished up from experienced players.

How many of this current squad have the potential to progress to a higher level.

Bentley.

DaSilva when fit.

Massengo 

Semenyo 

Bakinson 

Nagy in a decent team.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ashton and Holden, along with both Lansdowns have taken some stick on here over our current plight.

Why do the players get a free ride on collective responsibility, they look absolutely pathetic, lacking enthusiasm, pace, desire and on that basis they are stealing a living.

We aren’t talking about kids, there are some experienced players out on that pitch who should be showing some pride and self respect, along with setting a good example to the younger players.  They should be more than capable of  organising themselves on the pitch, they know the game, they know what it takes to win, if they feel they are being set up poorly, or played out of position, why not grow a pair and reorganise themselves once they cross the white line.

I’m sure we’ve all worked for a boss we didn’t like or didn’t agree with his methods, but pride stops you becoming useless, you either stand up to the boss or move on, not slouch around messing things up to spite the boss.

Yes, I agree we need a change of Manager, but these players should be ashamed of themselves and if they suddenly turn it round for a new man in charge, I will lose any tiny bit of respect I might have left for them.

Unfortunately this signing more experienced players lark is a road we've been down before to the same effect as previous attempts.

They make no financial sense, and let's bear in mind 'DNA' was an oft quoted metric used by Ashton to analyse potential signings and make sure they were a good psyche fit for the club.

Safe to say that's completely farcical at this point.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've wondered about this a few times, but I've subsequently dismissed it.

It's a nice city, a nice wage- you know your wages will be on time as we have stable ownership- Good Training Facilities, Good Ground. Could go on...

Do they put in a shift when they feel like it, I often wonder? If we see frantic harrying and pressing of the opposition in the coming weeks it'll be a big clue...

If they start high pressing like mad, going into blocks and tackles or interceptions, harrying the opposition anyway as if their lives depend on it- it will certainly be a big clue.

I certainly don't think they've left everything on the pitch all that often for a little while now.

Said this for too long now. The club is soft. Too nice. Pro football is a hard game where you need commitment and courage. 
With our set up and our ‘good human’ bollox over the last few years, we are breeding easy street. 
Great facilities, nice humans, far, far too easy. 
This is why we’ll never get a ‘Warnock’. Too aggressive, too driven and too experienced to not get taken in by Ashton and SL’s ‘nice’ strategy. 

7 minutes ago, Jacky Boy said:

Completely agree, same old shit dished up from experienced players.

How many of this current squad have the potential to progress to a higher level.

Bentley.

DaSilva when fit.

Massengo 

Semenyo 

Bakinson 

Nagy in a decent team.

Mawson and Kalas maybe- talking higher Championship, lower PL inbetween- indeed Mawson already was lower PL, higher Championship- Kalas was already at the top end of Championship with Fulham and Middlesbrough.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mawson and Kalas maybe- talking higher Championship, lower PL inbetween- indeed Mawson already was lower PL, higher Championship- Kalas was already at the top end of Championship with Fulham and Middlesbrough.

Best days are over for both, they have already made decent money picked a few too many injuries along the way and are now at a 'nice' club.

2 hours ago, forbespm said:

And the fact they all refused a pay cut at the start of the pandemic whilst staff lost there jobs sums them up.selfish,lazy *****

2 hours ago, forbespm said:

Yes,back in April apparently

Would that be on the 23rd April, when they DID agree to a wage deferral, as they were requested to do..? 

This is something I've always found strange with football. The pay in the game is extremely good compared to other professions and yet they seem to collectively down tools when the going gets tough.

If they don't like it , why can't they think I'm going to play my way out of this club by playing to the best of my ability and get an even better deal somewhere else. Getting so hacked off with the apparent reaping of wages off of us like it's a bloody saving account until they waltz off into lower leagues or nowhere living off what they earned here.

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Oh come on now! There was the likes of Liam Fontaine under McInnes. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We are talking about OUR players

A deferral - great

Theyve also deferred commitment and backbone

24 minutes ago, Flagon said:

This is something I've always found strange with football. The pay in the game is extremely good compared to other professions and yet they seem to collectively down tools when the going gets tough.

If they don't like it , why can't they think I'm going to play my way out of this club by playing to the best of my ability and get an even better deal somewhere else. Getting so hacked off with the apparent reaping of wages off of us like it's a bloody saving account until they waltz off into lower leagues or nowhere living off what they earned here.

It's strange on one level I agree, but mentally- not condoning it one bit as I wonder whether they've earned their wages from end of January onwards in the main, Brentford away aside and you could argue in some respects Sheffield United- but when you have the cushiness and the watertight nature of the contract- Hell even the Preferential Creditors bit- you know that you will get paid regardless in the vast majority of circs. (I don't include collapses such as Bury or Macclesfield).

Not saying it's right, just saying it seems to be an Industry standard.

Leave everything on the pitch? Get paid- In full! Go through motions, mentally down tools- Get paid! In full!

Heads I win- and you win on the pitch- Tails we lose and perform like crap, yet it is you who loses.

Clearly injuries have affected not only Holden's selection but also the performance levels of some players...but it doesn't fully explain why some performances were so poor.

Maybe a new manager will set-up the team in a better way, but if defenders will gift goals and strikers won't find the net, it won't be enough. Surely players have to take responsability and respond both on the training ground and on the pitch.

Let's hope that a change will bring improvements, results and confidence back. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Clearly injuries have affected not only Holden's selection but also the performance levels of some players...but it doesn't fully explain why some performances were so poor.

Maybe a new manager will set-up the team in a better way, but if defenders will gift goals and strikers won't find the net, it won't be enough. Surely players have to take responsability and respond both on the training ground and on the pitch.

Let's hope that a change will bring improvements, results and confidence back. 

I'm just hoping that "new manager bounce" will get us the points to stay up.

Archived