IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

I’m glad he’s gone for his own sake as much as anything. But is it just me who feels sad that a decent bloke who should never have been put in this position has ended up in this situation?

Ashton, SL and our sorry group of players have a lot to answer for tonight. 

It's not just you.

2 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Sacking is fair to DH - would have hated to have seen him resign - SL needs to pay him his severance payment for appointing him to save money......

Your heart was in the right place Dean...the job was just too bug too soon...chin up bud! 

• The title was changed to Sacked - waiting for official confirmation [Merged]
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What do you mean by the highlighted passage above?  You sound as though you’re excited about something.  I feel sad for Holden, and hope there is as little fallout as possible, as far as the club is concerned.

I'm afraid the whole club needs a shake up. The greater the fallout the better.

The appointment of Dean Holden was a fiasco.

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

Sacking is fair to DH - would have hated to have seen him resign - SL needs to pay him his severance payment for appointing him to save money......

Your heart was in the right place Dean...the job was just too bug too soon...chin up bud! 

Agreed.

Good luck in the future Dean. Too big a job I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What do you mean by the highlighted passage above?  You sound as though you’re excited about something.  I feel sad for Holden, and hope there is as little fallout as possible, as far as the club is concerned.

Not excited about anything DP. It’s a shame it didn’t work out for Dean. The fallout part is the explanations from whom appointed him . 

I wish him well.

Was never going to work. Catastrophic appointment for all concerned at the club.

Lets get someone in to take a look, get this equally bizarre player contract sorted, get safe in the division and let someone build a team as they want.

The club have been wounded by this. A massive admission of a mistake that should never have been made in the first place.

Archived