IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

All the best Dean, hope he lands in a job doing something in the industry soon

Speculation on my part but think he was told he'd be sacked if we lost before the game and deliberately picked the most experienced team he could so that no younger players would feel guilty as if they'd contributed to his sacking.

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’m glad he’s gone for his own sake as much as anything. But is it just me who feels sad that a decent bloke who should never have been put in this position has ended up in this situation?

Ashton, SL and our sorry group of players have a lot to answer for tonight. 

No one likes someone being sacked. But no one forced  him to take the job. He has applied and taken a job that he clearly has not got the ability to do. He has produced some of the worst football seen for many years and had nothing but a detrimental impact on the club. And walks away with a nice big cheque. 

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

If Lansdown thinks Ashton has to stay for commercial reasons he absolutely needs his wings clipped with a proper DOF brought in to actually work with a Head Coach. Holden never had a chance & this was all so predictable.

Spot on.

I don’t blame Holden for taking the job and wish him well for the future, but it was so clear last summer this is how it would pan out.

Time for the board to get a genuine breath of fresh air and clearout Ashton, the recruitment and medical departments. 

3 minutes ago, Cardy said:

If Lansdown thinks Ashton has to stay for commercial reasons he absolutely needs his wings clipped with a proper DOF brought in to actually work with a Head Coach. Holden never had a chance & this was all so predictable.

I wouldn't sack Ashton but maybe redeploy him, limit his responsibility or perhaps that should read remit, in some areas.

Having someone on the EFL board will have its uses.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

If you are expecting anything much more high profile than him you are going to be disappointed. Obviously we don't know who it will be yet but one thing you can say about Moors is that his teams play some football.

I'm not expecting any name, at least Appleton is top of that league. What's D Moore got on his CV, a failed stint at WBA got the job due to being a club legend and got Doncaster whereabouts they usually are in League One

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

All the best Dean, hope he lands in a job doing something in the industry soon

Speculation on my part but think he was told he'd be sacked if we lost before the game and deliberately picked the most experienced team he could so that no younger players would feel guilty as if they'd contributed to his sacking.

He's gone...we don't have to turn him into a saint!

Archived