IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

Just now, Alessandro said:

What a sorry state of affairs. Feel for Dean but he had to go. All the best Holden, the majority know you gave it your all.

Same.

But it just wasn’t going to work.

1 minute ago, rednotblue said:

Needs to be an external candidate.

SL and MA got this badly badly wrong.

Yep.

Lets see if they’ve learned anything.

What a waste of 7 months to be in exactly the same position we were on the 4th July any sensible fan had a gut feeling this would happen, but the happy clappers said look at the table blah blah its the bloody awful performances that have cost him his job and Simpson and downing have added absolutely nothing in fact when they arrived we have gradually got worse to the point of falling off a cliff

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not expecting any name, at least Appleton is top of that league. What's D Moore got on his CV, a failed stint at WBA got the job due to being a club legend and got Doncaster whereabouts they usually are in League One

Could say same about Lampard- took Derby from 6th to 6th, FFP issues, Chelsea from 4th to 3rd- deserved some credit for blooding youth. 'Big name' though.

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Relived.

The last few months football has been beyond abysmal. Worst I've seen from us, maybe ever?

The players need to share alot of the blame. Shameless 

I don't know the end of Tinnions reign was pretty bad and SOD also both in league one. 

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not expecting any name, at least Appleton is top of that league. What's D Moore got on his CV, a failed stint at WBA got the job due to being a club legend and got Doncaster whereabouts they usually are in League One

By failed you mean in the top 6 when he was sacked?

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

MA and JL should be making a public apology to the fans and to Holden. Shocking incompetence on so many levels. 

Not sure that JL needs to apologise tbh.

I got the distinct impression that he wasn't fully on board with the appointment.

Feel sorry for him. Good bloke, really difficult task this season.

Never even got to manage us in front of some home support.

Obviously the right decision but i do feel as sad as i do relived tonight.

All the very best of luck for the future Dean and genuinely, thanks for your efforts.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Get him cleaning the bogs. 

He's used to brown nosing, he'll be fine.

Do you understand how EFL regulations, lobbying etc all works?

Bottom line is Ashton appears to be rather good at it. Whether we like him or not is immaterial- there will be many, many CEOs like Ashton in football IMO. Of his style.

1 minute ago, MATT BCFC said:

I don't know the end of Tinnions reign was pretty bad and SOD also both in league one. 

They were bad, but the stats show how bad we have been unfortunately for Dean. 2nd most shots faced in the League and least amount of shots taken.

For the last 6 games I think any side in EFL could have beaten us and I remember how bad we were under Tinman and SOD (Least we beat the Gas)

Archived