IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

Just now, bris red said:

There we go then. On reflection i do feel for Dean Holden tonight in a way - set up to fail by the snakes above him. Unfortunately for everyone connected with Bristol City its another shambolic moment in our clubs history. 

Dean was set up as the fall guy when it all goes wrong, and it did, very quickly as the majority of us expected. 

I expect another yes man type inexperienced manager to come in and be the next victim. Until Ashton goes, not much will change.

1 minute ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

As much as I like (top bloke) and rate Darren, I do believe he really is too much a nice guy 

Of course he is. We're not going to employ anything else.

Personally speaking, if we are not going with experience I would like us to tempt Duncan Ferguson into his first managerial role. You'd see Nahki ****ing Wells trying then. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you understand how EFL regulations, lobbying etc all works?

Bottom line is Ashton appears to be rather good at it. Whether we like him or not is immaterial- there will be many, many CEOs like Ashton in football IMO. Of his style.

Can you do one for 5 minutes with your constant Regs while we concentrate on our next manager,

• The title was changed to Sacked - official confirmation [Merged]
  • The title was changed to Sacked - Straight after the match
  • The title was changed to Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

The thing is, you know we're going to get a repeat of the Gerrard situation from the summer, just change his name to Lampard. 

The fact that he did a half decent job at Chelsea, and will be out of our league will be ignored by the board as they'll persist in trying to get their "name".

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The team needed strong action when things were slipping under LJ. Holden was a terrible appointment, anyone with an ounce of intelligence would never have made that call. But, and this is the issue, it is not only about LJ and Holden, the malaise is heavily connected to our terrible recruitment over the last few years. We are left with an unbalanced, injured.., out of contract, ageing squad and a club with no ethos or strategy, so it is completely rudderless and has been for 4 years. Who really wants to come into the club as it is set up today ? This should have been actioned 2 seasons ago, now we are reacting, and that is a position of weakness. Whilst you cannot change everything in one go, the recrutment team and those responsible for it, if that is Ashton so be it, but they all need to go. The situation is that serious. It will need someone with great vision , a clarity of vision, to turn this around. Trying to find, attract, and install all of these changes in one go is almost impossible., but the next appointment needs to be inspired. These last years have been painful to watch, the greatest opportunity in decades slipping through our fingers. But, that has now gone, it is the quality of the next decisions that will shape all. We have not been so good at these tough ones, but I hope Steve L has a Pat Lam moment for the football club now. 

The equivalent of a Pat Lam appointment or anything even close won’t happen because that would immediately undermine Ashton. And he’s the one in charge of appointing Holden’s successor.

Archived