IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

The thing is, you know we're going to get a repeat of the Gerrard situation from the summer, just change his name to Lampard. 

The fact that he did a half decent job at Chelsea, and will be out of our league will be ignored by the board as they'll persist in trying to get their "name".

Still being paid £75K a week for the remainder of his contract.

Erm, no chance.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

An age to appoint Deano, due diligence and all that and it still hasn’t worked - again.

MA and JL - please don’t be involved in appointing the next head coach..........:facepalm:

Well, if this Club had any footballing nouse they would have appointed a Director of Football months ago. He could have been sussing out our strengths and weaknesses and the best managerial fit for a seemless appointment.

Instead we’ll have the gang of three, led by recommendations from self-preservation Ashton, involved again... and what’s the likelihood of another disaster...high. 

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Thanks for the efforts Dean. Had my full backing and sad to see it go this way, but you gave your all and City are grateful. All the best for the future.

Bollocks.  He's a charlatan who managed to bluff his way to a job way above his capabilities.   Wish I had his severance package.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

The team needed strong action when things were slipping under LJ. Holden was a terrible appointment, anyone with an ounce of intelligence would never have made that call. But, and this is the issue, it is not only about LJ and Holden, the malaise is heavily connected to our terrible recruitment over the last few years. We are left with an unbalanced, injured.., out of contract, ageing squad and a club with no ethos or strategy, so it is completely rudderless and has been for 4 years. Who really wants to come into the club as it is set up today ? This should have been actioned 2 seasons ago, now we are reacting, and that is a position of weakness. Whilst you cannot change everything in one go, the recrutment team and those responsible for it, if that is Ashton so be it, but they all need to go. The situation is that serious. It will need someone with great vision , a clarity of vision, to turn this around. Trying to find, attract, and install all of these changes in one go is almost impossible., but the next appointment needs to be inspired. These last years have been painful to watch, the greatest opportunity in decades slipping through our fingers. But, that has now gone, it is the quality of the next decisions that will shape all. We have not been so good at these tough ones, but I hope Steve L has a Pat Lam moment for the football club now. 

Not just now. This is what Lansdown has always done. 

Employ Coppell. Get burnt. So internal "yes man" appointment followed by uninspiring appointments until he loses his way and lets his Chairman make an appointment. 

Turns out to be the most successful appointment in years, but also to be a nutter. So he puts his pet project in. 

Then, still mindful of the nutter, when that goes tits up, we are back to the nice guy "yes man".

Always reactive. Never proactive.

Sorry but I feel for him.

Started well but injuries,  and with covid19, he didn't get a fair chance .

If we didn't get rid , we would have been in a relegation battle.  

Lets hope the new manager will do better. 

Hate to think of the players not playing for him ? 

I'd have Tinman and Gilmartin running it until someone is appointed. Tins is a very different proposition to when he was manager here and both of them have been able to see the problems.

Who to take charge? You'll need experience. Out of work managers with championship experience off the top of my head.... Bilic, Cook, Lampard, Pearson, Moore, Holden (?)... 

20 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Bollocks.  He's a charlatan who managed to bluff his way to a job way above his capabilities.   Wish I had his severance package.

I agree 1000%. Took the job under false pretences. Can now do one, big time. 

He was just Yosser Hughes of Boys from the Black Stuff - "I can do tha', giss the job, go on, giss the job, I can do tha', I can do tha'".

In hindsight and on reflection it makes the last couple of days a bit of a soap-opera.

The press conference being embargoed

No players at the Press Conference and Dave Barton being all mysterious

Lansdown inviting himself on Radio Bristol and a lot of talk about “reactions” from Dean and Steve.

Turns out it looks like unless there was a massive change of direction he was given 90 minutes to save his job

If Dean did not know this then it is actually brutal from the board

If he did know it then the side he picked with basically 5 at the back and lack of spark means he went out with a whimper.

Can’t get my head around the chain of events.

Only in BS3.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

In hindsight and on reflection it makes the last couple of days a bit of a soap-opera.

The press conference being embargoed

No players at the Press Conference and Dave Barton being all mysterious

Lansdown inviting himself on Radio Bristol and a lot of talk about “reactions” from Dean and Steve.

Turns out it looks like unless there was a massive change of direction he was given 90 minutes to save his job

If Dean did not know this then it is actually brutal from the board

If he did know it then the side he picked with basically 5 at the back and lack of spark means he went out with a whimper.

Can’t get my head around the chain of events.

Only in BS3.

Don't forget JL- the CHAIRMAN- being abroad in the runup to the sacking- or was that a bit of a coincidence?

13 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Interesting that the statement says Simpson & Downing to take charge of “training” with immediate effect and doesn’t mention games. Perhaps MA has someone lined up before Saturday?

Himself? :shocking:

Archived