IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't forget JL- the CHAIRMAN- being abroad in the runup to the sacking- or was that a bit of a coincidence?

Just all feels a bit disjointed.

Not as slick and self-consciously polished as the club likes to project.

Could be a restructure bigger than we think on the horizon.

Got a funny feeling we may go all out with the next guy. Otherwise why do it?

They have basically admitted they got it badly wrong and the next guy will require a change of structure for an external appointment.

Interesting days ahead. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

An age to appoint Deano, due diligence and all that and it still hasn’t worked - again.

MA and JL - please don’t be involved in appointing the next head coach..........:facepalm:

I'm sure they'd say that they are confident that they made the right appointment at the time, but due to a number of unforeseen issues (insert second lockdown, injuries, etc etc), Dean's position became untenable and they were left with no option but to release him. They remain confident that they can and will appoint a suitable replacement.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I reckon it will be someone like Nigel Adkins.

On the basis anyone interviewed but rejected last time might still have the hump, I think there's  a strong possibility of this.

Not sure he's  the right type though, given the absolute state we're in at present.

Personally hope Cook would consider us again despite not getting it last time.

Takes no nonsense as a manager, did well to keep Wigan up and played good football doing so. 

28 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Must go down in the record books as the only manager in our club history to never manage a competitive game with fans watching at the stadium? 

Sadly,it’s hard to remember when he last managed a competitive game.

I’ll tell you how it will go

simpson will get to the end of the season   He will do ok , we will finish 8th and he will get the job 

next season we will start well, be in the top 6 at Christmas then it will go downhill snd we will finish 9th and he will be replaced by gilmartin.   We will start the 2023 season well then we will lose 9 on the bounce after Christmas and finish 9th.   Gilmartin gets sacked and is replaced by Gregor macgregor and we go again ........   

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well, if this Club had any footballing nouse they would have appointed a Director of Football months ago. He could have been sussing out our strengths and weaknesses and the best managerial fit for a seemless appointment.

Instead we’ll have the gang of three, led by recommendations from self-preservation Ashton, involved again... and what’s the likelihood of another disaster...high. 

Spot on. 
I think the Lansdown’s are very well aware of their appalling history of managerial appointments, as they are of their lacking football knowledge, which is why they feel comfortable with Ashton being the ‘football man’ for them. He works with the EFL and FA and used to be a ball boy at West Brom don’t you know?

As we found out earlier in the week, it was Ashton who presented 3 left backs during the window. Just as Ashton will present the next round of managerial applicants (...”you’ll never believe the quality of applicants we’ve had, from all over the world”, and similar bullshit) -  none of which will risk him losing any of his own powers. If they don’t fit how Ashton wants to operate, they won’t happen (see Paul Cook, Chris Hughton etc)

Evidently the Lansdowns think the sun shines out Ashtons arse, so as glad as I am to see our rapid slide down the table arrested at a time that gives a new manager some time and breathing space to turn it around, I do not believe for one second the new manager will be of the calibre required to align our performances to the aspirations that Lansdown so openly claims to be our long term target. The two are incompatible.

I will be astounded if the next appointment is either popular with the fans or completely unrelated or tied to Ashtons history, be that WBA, Watford or management/agent. He’ll be very well aware of the pressure on him following the Holden shambles and he’ll be doing all he can to protect his position with more known entities, willing to toe the line.

Im glad Holden has gone. I’m crossing my fingers that something changes in Lansdowns mind. If his interest in the football is waning (which it sounds like it may be from his interview) I hope he’ll get brave and go for a final roll of the dice and do what it takes to get the best man for the job in, whatever it takes. 

Fed up of reading all the statements regarding the injuries.  Tonight we had 8 of the x1 players starting that started the first game of the season and to be quite honest each individual player has gone backwards in terms of tactical awareness and confidence in this regime.

You can blame the injuries all you like but of the 3 players who started first game HNM, Rowe and Weimann.

on paper potentially Nagy. Mariappa and Lansbury are better options.

Today we fielded a team that given the right coaching, confidence and tactical awareness should be getting more than 4 lacklustre attempts at goal.

nothing to do with injuries.  Just abysmal tactics that didn’t excite the players into wanting to play!!

it was clear that the players weren’t buying into Holden’s Football ideas of slow, dreary football.  Not the give it a go and take it to them that we were promised at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

Spot on. 
I think the Lansdown’s are very well aware of their appalling history of managerial appointments, as they are of their lacking football knowledge, which is why they feel comfortable with Ashton being the ‘football man’ for them. He works with the EFL and FA and used to be a ball boy at West Brom don’t you know?

As we found out earlier in the week, it was Ashton who presented 3 left backs during the window. Just as Ashton will present the next round of managerial applicants (...”you’ll never believe the quality of applicants we’ve had, from all over the world”, and similar bullshit) 

East Timor, Greenland, the Falkland Islands, Lesotho...

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

It took our ceo and chairman 6 weeks to determine this was the best candidate, and he lasted 6 months. That is shocking, and clearly shows they arent capable of doing a key job for the club. 
holden had to take the job, but you didnt need to be nostradamus to see this might not work out. Good luck to holden

Agreed. Surely having gone through that rigourous/vigorous experience they will be well placed to get the job done right 2nd time round?! No? Not how it works at City? OK...

4 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Fed up of reading all the statements regarding the injuries.  Tonight we had 8 of the x1 players starting that started the first game of the season and to be quite honest each individual player has gone backwards in terms of tactical awareness and confidence in this regime.

You can blame the injuries all you like but of the 3 players who started first game HNM, Rowe and Weimann.

Today we fielded a team that given the right coaching, confidence and tactical awareness should be getting more than 4 lacklustre attempts at goal.

nothing to do with injuries.  Just abysmal tactics that didn’t excite the players into wanting to play!!

it was clear that the players weren’t buying into Holden’s Football ideas of slow, dreary football.  Not the give it a go and take it to them that we were promised at the start of the season.

Out of likes for the day. Great post ?

3 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Good post!

I think I'm on my own here, but I actually thought the lads put in plenty of effort tonight but it was just headless chicken stuff. lots of running, chasing, falling over, sticking legs out, jumping for headers, sending the ball long...but no direction or common sense. Mindless.

The baffling thing is that surely, surely... DH hasn't told the players not to try and score goals.... 

What is the excuse for half decent, championship level players, to be such a lack of a goal scoring threat, week after week...? 

I mean, not even a 20 yard effort in anger, from anyone.... 

Surely that isn't instructed, so what's going on...? 

Archived