IGNORED

Holden officially confirmed as being sacked

Yoyo2345

Please Steve , keep your mouth shut don’t do any interviews nationally or locally. Appoint the RIGHT man for the club and then come out and speak if you want to. We don’t need bold statements we need action. 

I understand why so many think a short term appointment should be made, but in my opinion we need to get the right person in now for this season and following seasons. With so many players out of contract , let the new manager see our players on the pitch and training ground to enable them to make a decision do we want to keep or let go. Also the same with some of the youngsters, if the right person isn’t available now then we have to wait and unfortunately it’s a mess created by our board 

30 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Been a while coming

The SL interview was basically win or be sacked. 

We lost, he's gone. 

Deano may start again lower down a northern club like the reformed Bury, or he may just end up at Rovers, which wouldn't be all that far fetched given location availability etc. 

No idea who's out there currently, however we couldn't do worse to look abroad, Brexit work permits depending and try something else. 

It's worked for a lot of clubs 

He might go to West Brom as a coach now 

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Please Steve , keep your mouth shut don’t do any interviews nationally or locally. Appoint the RIGHT man for the club and then come out and speak if you want to. We don’t need bold statements we need action. 

I understand why so many think a short term appointment should be made, but in my opinion we need to get the right person in now for this season and following seasons. With so many players out of contract , let the new manager see our players on the pitch and training ground to enable them to make a decision do we want to keep or let go. Also the same with some of the youngsters, if the right person isn’t available now then we have to wait and unfortunately it’s a mess created by our board 

The next manager must be here for more than a few months. My advice would be to appoint someone inspirational on a short term contract until the end of the season to ensure our survival in the championship and maybe persuade Fammy to stay. There will be several other "managers" available in the close season when a well considered long term selection could be made.

8 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

In hindsight and on reflection it makes the last couple of days a bit of a soap-opera.

The press conference being embargoed

No players at the Press Conference and Dave Barton being all mysterious

Lansdown inviting himself on Radio Bristol and a lot of talk about “reactions” from Dean and Steve.

Turns out it looks like unless there was a massive change of direction he was given 90 minutes to save his job

If Dean did not know this then it is actually brutal from the board

If he did know it then the side he picked with basically 5 at the back and lack of spark means he went out with a whimper.

Can’t get my head around the chain of events.

Only in BS3.

SL's gone from:

Monday 6.30pm: "We've got to stick together" to

"Do one, Deano" Tuesday 10pm. 

Not very "sticky"

I feel sorry for Holden but there’s no getting away from the fact that it was a botched recruitment process and the wrong appointment. Those running the club are complicit in where we are this morning. I’ve no faith in them making the right appointment.

9 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Feel a lot of sympathy for him, he put out his best side tonight, and we had a weak defence, little in midfield, so no service to the front and a kindergarten of a bench. Very hard to manage of you have a set of players that are not Championship standard as a unit, and struggle with so many games.

What are you on about.  His team selection was an invitation to the players who weren't performing already to get him the sack and they duly delivered. 

23 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

SL's gone from:

Monday 6.30pm: "We've got to stick together" to

"Do one, Deano" Tuesday 10pm. 

Not very "sticky"

Yeah but he would've been watching last night's game thinking there's been no reaction whatsoever from the manager and players. Manager picking the players we could all see had stopped even bothering. That's a flashing warning light and he did the right thing.

57 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

The next manager must be here for more than a few months. My advice would be to appoint someone inspirational on a short term contract until the end of the season to ensure our survival in the championship and maybe persuade Fammy to stay. There will be several other "managers" available in the close season when a well considered long term selection could be made.

I think we need a nasty bastards.

The appointment of DH showed very, very poor judgement by the board. It couldn’t even be justified as a viable “take a punt” experiment. A nice inexperienced sidekick to LJ and throw in two older, nice assistants who have never worked with him before. A high risk strategy indeed.

Can we please get rid of the good human strategy. It doesn’t work in high level sport.

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

One of our great apologists

Seven Internationals (Five Full Internationals ) started that game tonight

You should contact Mark Ashton - he could do with some help in the excuses front

And? If you don’t have a functioning midfield and your defence is patched up that makes no difference. It’s a team game, and all we have to work with is individuals, and not many of them.

13 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

And who else could he have picked? Not exactly flush with options at present.

As I said in a previous post.  8 players from the first game of the season started last night.

2 of the others he brought in himself and the 3rd Adam Nagy.

The excuse wasn’t there for him last night!!

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

The appointment of DH showed very, very poor judgement by the board. It couldn’t even be justified as a viable “take a punt” experiment. A nice inexperienced sidekick to LJ and throw in two older, nice assistants who have never worked with him before. A high risk strategy indeed.

Can we please get rid of the good human strategy. It doesn’t work in high level sport.

Even johnson had experience at Barnsley and Oldham before coming here 

Personally, I don't think it was even a punt.

Promote Dean (nice and cheap), see out the pandemic without risking too much wedge, stay up, reassess in summer 2021. That's how I see it.

Sadly for Dean, the 'stay up' bit was proving too difficult, sudden realisation we could go down, panic, reassess earlier than planned.

Essentially, he was stitched up, City thought they were being clever and did the cheapest thing to ride out the pandemic and it has failed.

He gets a decent payoff for 7 months work regardless.

9 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Proof Nahki Wells doesn’t give a shit.... his manager got sacked 12 hours ago and he’s retweeting shit like this on social media???‍♂️

24885AD9-F73E-466F-B705-95AF9871EB38.jpeg

All that proves is people read far too much into social media. Some people just seem obsessed with it.

Apologies if already covered but is this bit true? I know about the post match interview bit as there was none, but did he get a phonecall during the game?

Got a phonecall whilst still in the dug out during tonight's defeat at home to Reading. Poor man did'nt even make the post match interview.

Saw it elsewhere but wasn't sure where else to put it.

On 17/02/2021 at 10:30, Monkeh said:

We didn't have a directors box then 

Yes we did but if you’re being pedantic I will refer to it as the directors area. It was a separate section in the middle of the Williams stand and I used to sit in front of it. I remember Coppell sitting with the directors in our first game of the season which was the home loss to Millwall.

Archived