IGNORED

Referee for Ipswich

Bristolisredd

• Admin
2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

If whatever the player said was so bad to provoke that reaction, why on earth was it not a red, only a yellow?

Another player got two yellows straight after and was sent off

Sadly the referee will be on the end of the punishment regardless of what was said 

Very unprofessional from the ref.  They must feel like doing this many a time, but it's a total no-no.

This was the story that the BBC football page judged more important than us sacking Holden.

It's a measure of how the world regards us that the sacking was 9th story on the BBC Football site, whereas this was 6th.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Very unprofessional from the ref.  They must feel like doing this many a time, but it's a total no-no.

This was the story that the BBC football page judged more important than us sacking Holden.

It's a measure of how the world regards us that the sacking was 9th story on the BBC Football site, whereas this was 6th.

Yes, I spent all morning scrolling down to get the BBC's take on Holden's sacking.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Yes, I spent all morning scrolling down to get the BBC's take on Holden's sacking.

galling wasn't it....

We all know that a referee acting in this way is a big no no, but wouldn't you just wish he had decked the player and then shouted in his microphone “ and you can refer that to VAR!” 

( I know there was no VAR at the game, but I’m sure you get the drift.

11 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

The respect for refs is getting less and less. They are being conned by players wasting time whilst winning. VA R means they are not the last arbitrary person in a match. If players undermine their authority by shouting all edged abuse at them, some will eventually snap.

That’s the underlying reason for VAR being introduced, as increasingly, with so much at stake (££££s) we saw players not just questioning decisions but possees of players erasing referees trying to get decisions changed.  Not only that but managers ridiculing decisions and officials  in post match interviews. Then there is  the conning of refs, with feigning injury and diving to get free kicks and penalties.

So, when players and managers bemoan VAR decisions going against them they should be thinking they bought it on themselves.

He’s apparently still a Sergeant in the RAF who did two tours of Iraq and Libya ! I reckon Judge got off lightly ? On a serious note , Drysdale’s been charged with improper conduct but I seriously hope he doesn’t get the book thrown at him . One mistake in a career as long as his shouldn’t be curtains . 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He’s apparently still a Sergeant in the RAF who did two tours of Iraq and Libya ! I reckon Judge got off lightly ? On a serious note , Drysdale’s been charged with improper conduct but I seriously hope he doesn’t get the book thrown at him . One mistake in a career as long as his shouldn’t be curtains . 

Difficult one, I'm sure if I publicly squared up with one of my staff I'd be cutting my lawn by now 

Archived