Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Michael Appleton Up Next

10 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Generally the look on his face is the one you get when you're walking upto a bar and one of your pals is trashed with no chance of getting in 

We’d def be drinking buddies and I’m sorry it would be me who was too trashed that none of us could get in

Edited by alexukhc
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Generally the look on his face is the one you get when you're walking upto a bar and one of your pals is trashed with no chance of getting in 

He would have given a similar look to Wells after that greedy shot against Sheff Utd

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Younger ones will be. Up and coming types. 

Judge him by his accent, then, or his whereabouts - he's a bloody Manc, same as Deano! (And please don't bother with "Salford isn't Manchester"). Another beany hat, flared trouser, Spike Island mad fer it buzzin' fer the weekend Mancunian. Are we going to give everyone from the bloody Hacienda 1988 - 1992 a go? 

The only bloke in football that danced the night away in that place we burnt our bridge with when he was here and is now bossing Burnley.

Name one top, top football coach or manager from Manchester with a Manc accent? 

To go for one Manc may be regarded as a misfortune, to go straight to another .... madness! 

Hacienda that.

Daryl Clarke's got a whiny Manc accent hasn't he?

• Like 1

If its true that the club have approached Lincoln re Appleton, then SL,JL, and MA have learned nothing. Our only hope of getting a manager that has been successful in the championship is for club chaplain  Derek Cleave to pray for divine help in the matter.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

If its true that the club have approached Lincoln re Appleton, then SL,JL, and MA have learned nothing. Our only hope of getting a manager that has been successful in the championship is for club chaplain  Derek Cleave to pray for divine help in the matter.

Christ ! Why bring religion into this?

Jesus wept. It makes me so cross.

Why the devil do  I care?

To hell with this discussion.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Where has that come from RR, that we've approached Lincoln?

Hmm, Appleton not at todays Lincoln game for 'personal reasons' according to the Imps forum. 🤔 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

A big endorsement of Appleton on Radio 5 from a chap who presents a football league podcast and is an Oxford fan. Probably knows a lot more about him than most on here (myself absolutely included). Described him as progressive with an excellent recruitment ethos.

As many have said after Johnson and Holden it would be great to appoint someone with some experience of doing well as a football manager for an extended period of time. 

18 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

A big endorsement of Appleton on Radio 5 from a chap who presents a football league podcast and is an Oxford fan. Probably knows a lot more about him than most on here (myself absolutely included). Described him as progressive with an excellent recruitment ethos.

As many have said after Johnson and Holden it would be great to appoint someone with some experience of doing well as a football manager for an extended period of time. 

I think it would be more palletable if he wasn't a mate of Ashton.

Both Oxford supporters and more importantly those of Lincoln like him and his football and Lincoln fans on their forum would be gutted to lose him.

Still stinks of 'get my mate in' though, if it did happen.

I'll hold my hands up and say I'm in the Paul Cook camp although Appleton seems popular with fans where he's been so I'm not against him, just don't trust Ashton.

Edited by Ska Junkie
1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Can imagine fans were putting money on Hughton, don’t think that would be the case with Appleton though. 

of course its the case, here is prob the only place people are talking about appleton, so some will naturally put a cheeky bet on it, that drives down the odds which encourages more people to put money on it and the odds get shorter again, there is then uproar which in turn gets the media talking when it gets to the media more people puts money on it and the odds get shorter again and then holden is appointed 

Ignore the odds

• Like 1

I think Appleton is a decent coach. He made a few wrong choices earlier in his coaching carreer, jumping ship too often. I'd be fine if he was to be appointed, can't see him leaving Lincoln til end of season tho. We need someone now, otherwise it's back to league 3 in my view. 

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

of course its the case, here is prob the only place people are talking about appleton, so some will naturally put a cheeky bet on it, that drives down the odds which encourages more people to put money on it and the odds get shorter again, there is then uproar which in turn gets the media talking when it gets to the media more people puts money on it and the odds get shorter again and then holden is appointed 

Ignore the odds

I don’t see it as clear cut as that. If that were the case Cooks odds would be closer if not favourite. Appleton is already employed by a team top of the league below so would be more of a challenge to prise away than an unemployed potential candidate.

You could be right that the odds are just from baseless football chatter but I don’t think Appleton has been talked about much more than anyone else

19 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I'd take Appleton, as it really can't be any worse then it is now, he's got Lincoln going all.guns 

True, could Pep get a tune out of this lot? Doesn't seem so at the moment, but, for every Hull who sunk like a stone, there are other clubs who survive then thrive.. 

The one good thing is practically anyone is going to be an improvement on the preceeding 4/6 months. 

I see Appleton has distanced himself from the City job, said he is flattered to be linked but has just begun to build something at Lincoln and wants to see it through......probably means he will here by the end of the week then !