Jump to content
IGNORED

Michael Appleton Up Next


James Fletcher
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

If its true that the club have approached Lincoln re Appleton, then SL,JL, and MA have learned nothing. Our only hope of getting a manager that has been successful in the championship is for club chaplain  Derek Cleave to pray for divine help in the matter.

Christ ! Why bring religion into this?

Jesus wept. It makes me so cross.

Why the devil do  I care?

To hell with this discussion.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

If its true that the club have approached Lincoln re Appleton, then SL,JL, and MA have learned nothing. Our only hope of getting a manager that has been successful in the championship is for club chaplain  Derek Cleave to pray for divine help in the matter.

Where has that come from RR, that we've approached Lincoln?

Hmm, Appleton not at todays Lincoln game for 'personal reasons' according to the Imps forum. 🤔 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A big endorsement of Appleton on Radio 5 from a chap who presents a football league podcast and is an Oxford fan. Probably knows a lot more about him than most on here (myself absolutely included). Described him as progressive with an excellent recruitment ethos.

As many have said after Johnson and Holden it would be great to appoint someone with some experience of doing well as a football manager for an extended period of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

A big endorsement of Appleton on Radio 5 from a chap who presents a football league podcast and is an Oxford fan. Probably knows a lot more about him than most on here (myself absolutely included). Described him as progressive with an excellent recruitment ethos.

As many have said after Johnson and Holden it would be great to appoint someone with some experience of doing well as a football manager for an extended period of time. 

I think it would be more palletable if he wasn't a mate of Ashton.

Both Oxford supporters and more importantly those of Lincoln like him and his football and Lincoln fans on their forum would be gutted to lose him.

Still stinks of 'get my mate in' though, if it did happen.

I'll hold my hands up and say I'm in the Paul Cook camp although Appleton seems popular with fans where he's been so I'm not against him, just don't trust Ashton.

Edited by Ska Junkie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Can imagine fans were putting money on Hughton, don’t think that would be the case with Appleton though. 

of course its the case, here is prob the only place people are talking about appleton, so some will naturally put a cheeky bet on it, that drives down the odds which encourages more people to put money on it and the odds get shorter again, there is then uproar which in turn gets the media talking when it gets to the media more people puts money on it and the odds get shorter again and then holden is appointed 

Ignore the odds

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

of course its the case, here is prob the only place people are talking about appleton, so some will naturally put a cheeky bet on it, that drives down the odds which encourages more people to put money on it and the odds get shorter again, there is then uproar which in turn gets the media talking when it gets to the media more people puts money on it and the odds get shorter again and then holden is appointed 

Ignore the odds

I don’t see it as clear cut as that. If that were the case Cooks odds would be closer if not favourite. Appleton is already employed by a team top of the league below so would be more of a challenge to prise away than an unemployed potential candidate.

You could be right that the odds are just from baseless football chatter but I don’t think Appleton has been talked about much more than anyone else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I'd take Appleton, as it really can't be any worse then it is now, he's got Lincoln going all.guns 

True, could Pep get a tune out of this lot? Doesn't seem so at the moment, but, for every Hull who sunk like a stone, there are other clubs who survive then thrive.. 

The one good thing is practically anyone is going to be an improvement on the preceeding 4/6 months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...