Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Michael Appleton Up Next

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Hope so. After the fiasco of the last appointment and how it was handled, I think they’ll just do what they (misguidedly) think is right whether we like it or not. Hope I’m wrong though. 

I meant surprised by fans reaction.  Unfortunately I agree - Appleton is far more likely than Howe and Pearson I fear. Hopefully it’ll be Cook though. 

Edited by lenred
15 minutes ago, James Fletcher said:

Let’s see if Ashton finally gets his man. My understanding is that Ashton has wanted Michael to join him at Ashton Gate since he arrived from Oxford. 
Watch this space as it’s Ashton’s last through of the dice.

Sadly Ashton is probably setting the deal up as we speak. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I meant surprised by fans reaction.  Unfortunately I agree - Appleton is far more likely than How and Pearson I fear. Hopefully it’ll be Cook though. 

See what you mean. I meant that Ashton, SL and co don’t give a shiny shite what the fans think.... if they did we wouldn’t be in this mess now. So as you say Appleton is the most likely of the names mentioned of Holden does go. 

19 minutes ago, James Fletcher said:

Let’s see if Ashton finally gets his man. My understanding is that Ashton has wanted Michael to join him at Ashton Gate since he arrived from Oxford. 

C6EA79FE-EC90-411A-ADAA-7EE897F62382.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Hope so. After the fiasco of the last appointment and how it was handled, I think they’ll just do what they (misguidedly) think is right whether we like it or not. Hope I’m wrong though. 

I honestly think such an appointment would be the straw that broke the camel's back for a large number of supporters.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

I honestly think such an appointment would be the straw that broke the camel's back for a large number of supporters.

I agree. But that was the case when Holden was appointed so I don’t expect them to suddenly change their approach now. 

2 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Ahh right, only exceptional Human's need apply now.  

Watching the game tonight it seemed like 11 average humans running around.

Well I guess it would be nice to have an exceptional human at the club, rather than corporate tosspots.

1 minute ago, Masala said:

Can't we get Natalie and Nicola Appleton from All Saints?

93d073f5bc24b66c798daf234f3c139e--nicole-appleton-all-saints.jpg

I vote the one on the left.

21 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Ashton & recruitment team & Holden OUT Paul Cook IN.

Substantial cost savings too. 

All need compensating- all counts towards FFP, might eat into Cook's budget a bit.

That said Cook would be a strong choice- the only reservation I have is giving a manager, any manager carte blanche in case it goes wrong and manager moves on, or is moved on and we're lumbered!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
54 minutes ago, James Fletcher said:

BS, and not the Bristol Sport kind.

Sorry if I've missed something massive - but why the hate for Michael Appleton (other than the fact that there's a connection with Mark Ashton)?

On paper, he's got Lincoln City to the top of League One and had a decent record with Oxford before that, so would look a reasonable choice.  Why are lots of people so violently against him?  Genuine question ...

• Like 5
1 hour ago, James Fletcher said:

Absolutely and definitely will not happen............And You can watch as many spaces as you like. 😜

1 hour ago, James Fletcher said:

Very true. Was close before SL decided on LJ.

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelton said:

What exactly has Cook done that some see him as the Messiah?

3 promotions with 3 different teams and a splendid eye for recruitment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

3 promotions with 3 different teams and a splendid eye for recruitment. 

Not to the level i think Is what’s needed with this next appointment with everything that’s happened with this whole DH debacle. 

For me it has to be a been there and done it appointment which would then mean Ashton has less control 

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Not to the level i think Is what’s needed with this next appointment with everything that’s happened with this whole DH debacle. 

For me it has to be a been there and done it appointment which would then mean Ashton has less control 

Cook has certainly been there and done it and knows how to put a team together. 
The issue with Holden was that he was a novice. Cook is far from that - 3 promotions with 3 clubs.