Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Michael Appleton Up Next

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Who do you want that is realistic? Let’s assume Cook isn’t interested. 

It’s not my job to find a manager. However if we are finding that we are shopping in League one then something is totally ******.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed and that's why I think it's vital to recruit someone who's an excellent motivator, who commands respect the minute he walks through the door. Time is against, whoever's appointed needs to get an immediate response. 

And you know that the people you don’t want aren’t that? If things don’t improve soon, which does look likely, if we have a popular choice it will all be Holden’s fault, but an unpopular manager will immediately be blamed. 

5 hours ago, Devereux said:

Oh for the love of God! Stop looking downwards and appointing people you know MA....get out of your comfort zone and appoint a Head Coach that will challenge you and the whole club! That is the secret to Lam at the Bears, he has had an effect on the entire organisation with his approach and attitude. Thats what we need, a big personality that is going to leave a real mark. 

Post of the week, agree 100%... But your gonna have to be careful talking to much sense on here...😉👍

• Like 1
1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Not really. It seems like there will anger unless Cook is appointed. Madness 

If a league one manager is appointed to a team that wants (allegedly) PL - do you not think that is underwhelming and also revealing of the real ambition? It’s not madness. It’s reality

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If a league one manager is appointed to a team that wants (allegedly) PL - do you not think that is underwhelming and also revealing of the real ambition? It’s not madness. It’s reality

But you’ve got no alternative to suggest ?

57 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I for one would be totally underwhelmed if Appleton was appointed.

Underwhelmed is the outcome I'm hoping for, but I'm expecting horrified, bamboozled or despairing. Or all three...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 17/02/2021 at 06:11, Major Isewater said:

Other than that...

Beat Man City when manager of Wigan. Not only did he win league 2 with Chesterfield, he took them into the league 1 play offs the following season. Then left them to win a league with Pompey...... left them to win a league with Wigan. 

His record is outstanding tbf. 

• Like 1

Surely to keep us in the Championship, which realistically is the aim now for this season, we need to appoint an experienced and successful manager at this level at least? And that narrows the field down considerably. I wouldn’t include Appleton or Cowley on that list on that basis. Anything else, especially an appointment from a lower league club and rightly supporters are going to be frustrated at the board’s decision-making, and immediately puts that person under even more pressure, which is not going to be helpful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Surely to keep us in the Championship, which realistically is the aim now for this season, we need to appoint an experienced and successful manager at this level at least? And that narrows the field down considerably. I wouldn’t include Appleton or Cowley on that list on that basis. Anything else, especially an appointment from a lower league club and rightly supporters are going to be frustrated at the board’s decision-making, and immediately puts that person under even more pressure, which is not going to be helpful.

Slipping into L1 with some lethargic appointment would be disaster. Finances wrecked. Total turnover of players. Not only that L1 is hard to get out of - look at Sunderland.

This is crucial appointment let’s not kid ourselves. Some wet dream appointment from League 1 is very risky 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why is it a horror ? Genuinely interested 

Where's your ambition??.......

After the lies,, deceit & bullshit from the 'powers that be 'post Lee's sacking,,then the hanging out of Holden to dry - do you really think that Appleton would wash???....

Lansdown needs to back himself,, 'grow a chin,,action what he says & stop taking this club's support for mugs.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Beat Man City when manager of Wigan. Not only did he win league 2 with Chesterfield, he took them into the league 1 play offs the following season. Then left them to win a league with Pompey...... left them to win a league with Wigan. 

His record is outstanding tbf. 

Whilst it's good on paper he was backed rather well. Look where Chesterfield are now? Paying the price for what was a very good team in league one ?

Pompy had arguably the best finances in league 2. Wigan arguably the best in league 1 and overspent and are paying the price. 

He still achieved what he did but he's not a magician as some make out.

Just to add that I think he would be a decent appointment but I'm not as excited as some are.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Whilst it's good on paper he was backed rather well. Look where Chesterfield are now? Paying the price for what was a very good team in league one ?

Pompy had arguably the best finances in league 2. Wigan arguably the best in league 1 and overspent and are paying the price. 

He still achieved what he did but he's not a magician as some make out.

Just to add that I think he would be a decent appointment but I'm not as excited as some are.

I think we have to remember that everyone of our last 5-10 managers have been backed very well also! 

Only one had any success. 

• Like 1
Just now, Portland Bill said:

I think we have to remember that everyone of our last 5-10 managers have been backed very well also! 

Only one had any success. 

Yeah thats a good point, but not sure which manager you are forgetting GJ who got us 90 mins away or SC who won league one title.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah thats a good point, but not sure which manager you are forgetting GJ who got us 90 mins away or SC who won league one title.

I was talking SC, only because we have ( according to official records) 11 managers since GJ, but I accept your point, we will go for 2 then 👍

• Robin 1
5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

People seem to forget BCFC have won 5 trophies in our existence, Cotts won 2 of them!!