IGNORED

Please, please be interested Eddie Howe

citywest30

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He would be top of the list for me, anyone else think Wade Elliott may have a role to play in this? Could maybe sell the club to his old mate and potentially be part of his coaching team if it happened?

I imagine EH still resides around the B’muff - just an hour or so from Bristol. No need to up sticks? Question is would be ready to return to the game? 

Fact is none of us know how the recruitment of a new HC actually works. Are potential candidates approached via their agents or do they need to apply? I imagine that SL does everything by the book so I doubt anything underhand goes on - not that we’d know if it did.

Ashton might well have been on the phone already to EH for all we know...........:dunno:

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I imagine EH still resides around the B’muff - just an hour or so from Bristol. No need to up sticks? Question is would be ready to return to the game? 

Fact is none of us know how the recruitment of a new HC actually works. Are potential candidates approached via their agents or do they need to apply? I imagine that SL does everything by the book so I doubt anything underhand goes on - not that we’d know if it did.

Ashton might well have been on the phone already to EH for all we know...........:dunno:

Excellent. Eddie Hitler it is then Robbo.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you can drive from Bristol to Bournemouth in 1 hour, you must be driving a helicopter. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Bristol to Bournemouth in a hr , ??????????

14 minutes ago, sludge said:

If you can drive from Bristol to Bournemouth in 1 hour, you must be driving a helicopter. 

I worked in Poole for a couple of years in the late 80s and used to drive up to AG for home games. It took me just an hour to hour 15 depending on the traffic. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I worked in Poole for a couple of years in the late 80s and used to drive up to AG for home games. It took me just an hour to hour 15 depending on the traffic. 

If you can drive from Ashton gate to Poole in 1 hour 15 mins then you must be using a motorway that I don’t know about. 

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

The fact he was only successful at a big spending Bournemouth worries me though. Did nothing when he was at Burnley and I think he’d struggle with us in our current predicament.

Don’t get the love-in. Career’s on an Aidy Boothroyd trajectory imo.

If you think Bournemouth is an hour from Bristol you clearly have never done the journey- 2hrs on one of the worst road networks imaginable.

Saw this guy mentioned on another thread and did some reading about him. I've got to say I think he would be perfect

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Enrico-Maassen-opting-for-the-element-of-surprise

Whether we could tempt him away from BvB II just 6 months after joining I don't know.

Has a history of going into a team, arresting a slide, sorting out a defence and making them top goal scorers. Won a league, focus on youth and player development.

You do realise that there are a lot more cars on the road now don't you? Big yellow boxes on a pole? That will be a speed camera.....

Just now, Taz said:

You do realise that there are a lot more cars on the road now don't you? Big yellow boxes on a pole? That will be a speed camera.....

I got caught twice, once by a speed camera which I didn’t see at first and once by a police car. The copper gave me a bollocking and told me his shift had just ended and didn’t want the hassle of any paperwork so I got away with it. 
Ended up with just 3 points on my license.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Used to drive it regularly as a rep.

Poole isn't Bournemouth - there is much more traffic on the road - there are so many speed limits and Saturdays are always much clearer.

You clearly were hammering it to do it in 1 15 and just impossible in an hour! Unless you went by helicopter.

On 16/02/2021 at 22:50, BTRFTG said:

For once and for all, you can't polish turds.

We've a sewage works worth of them on the books.

Yes, Holden & Co had to go but HE WASN'T TO BLAME. Were there any justice in the world 30 utterly crap players would see their contracts annulled tonight. Frauds all.

This is why the Head Coach (and the CEO for that matter)position is so critical. Any team will go to seed if they are not properly and competently led, if they are not "having" their immediate boss, if they are not convinced. 

The whole club lacks conviction, from SL down, imho (if we are using as our yardstick SL's ambition of top class football).

It is almost criminal to treat the recruitment for this position so flippantly as it would appear we do or have done, at times.

15 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He would be top of the list for me, anyone else think Wade Elliott may have a role to play in this? Could maybe sell the club to his old mate and potentially be part of his coaching team if it happened?

Not sure if Wade Elliot has much good things to say about us to be honest 

23 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

It defies all logic , when you look at his record , or hear him speak 

But I just have this nagging gut feeling that Howe wouldn’t work here  

Couldn't criticise if he was the man as it would be a very understandable and logical decision 

It's not the time for a Howe. Been said by many. We need a halon gas fire extinguisher now not a dousing fire blanket.

Pearson, McCarthy, Warnock type characters. Only one of them is available and is, anyway, the best of the three for this club. 

Archived