IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Henry

7 hours ago, Port Red said:

In Bermuda

https://bernews.com/2020/10/official-govt-legal-notices-for-oct-7-2020/

Scroll down a bit and you will find his property purchase listed

Notice of opposing was Oct 2020... Is he over there now appealing a refusal then ? Or commencing contract awards for design. 

7 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Global house hunting by the look of it.

Would say at 3/4 of a hectare this is a commercial development in the offing.. perhaps several houses or low rise luxury apartments.

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Notice of opposing was Oct 2020... Is he over there now appealing a refusal then ? 

I believe that’s the case. 

Several Bermudan residents have stated that the land the property is in has been used for walking their dogs for a number of years, and should have village green status. In addition, Tilly Vacher has highlighted that any work JL does will obscure her view of the sea.

Lets hope he’s got the skills to sort these issues out.

4 hours ago, Coppello said:

Not a bad gaff. At least we can see the studio from which next season's kits will be designed. Coconuts are going to look a bit odd on the home strip but I'm sure Jon the seamstress can make it work.

Rather small and quaint for the son of a billionaire. 

If it's any consolation, I lived and worked in Bermuda for a year.

Total shithole.

Only 1 public beach, all the rest are private and a beer was about $25.

Worlds biggest open-air prison - nothing to do, nothing to see.

600 miles from the USA and Hurricane central.

Mind you, I did see Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is genuinely fit in real life.

The citizens are all as miserable as Nahki Wells. 

19 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

If it's any consolation, I lived and worked in Bermuda for a year.

Total shithole.

Only 1 public beach, all the rest are private and a beer was about $25.

Worlds biggest open-air prison - nothing to do, nothing to see.

600 miles from the USA and Hurricane central.

Mind you, I did see Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is genuinely fit in real life.

The citizens are all as miserable as Nahki Wells. 

We were there for fortnight for our 20th anniversary and went to three different public beaches, so I don't tuink you were trying hard enough. :) .

We loved it, even if eating out meant taking out a 2nd mortgage. :)

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That'll teach you for ordering the house special.

We had our anniversary meal in the restaurant of the hotel owned by Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta Jones. It was memorable for sure, but my 10% tip would have bought me a 3 course meal anywhere else I have eaten. :)

9 hours ago, Port Red said:

In Bermuda

https://bernews.com/2020/10/official-govt-legal-notices-for-oct-7-2020/

Scroll down a bit and you will find his property purchase listed

René Ming JP?...

Nice little get away joint......

Now,,far from me to expect someone not to enjoy their 'good fortune but there is a but..

Is it any suprise that as a club we're somewhat lacking cohesion throughout the day to day nuts & bolts running of affairs.??

Gel,,flair,,a strong hand on the tiller,,call it what you want but the glue ain't holding it together.

13 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

René Ming JP?...

Nice little get away joint......

Now,,far from me to expect someone not to enjoy their 'good fortune but there is a but..

Is it any suprise that as a club we're somewhat lacking cohesion throughout the day to day nuts & bolts running of affairs.??

Gel,,flair,,a strong hand on the tiller,,call it what you want but the glue ain't holding it together.

Possibly a result of having a three person board with only one full time member. Maybe we need more board members to counterbalance Ashton’s influence and hold him to account.

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Possibly a result of having a three person board with only one full time member. Maybe we need more board members to counterbalance Ashton’s influence and hold him to account.

There is no accountability, even self accountability, at this club.  It starts with SL and goes all the way through the management structure.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe that’s the case. 

Several Bermudan residents have stated that the land the property is in has been used for walking their dogs for a number of years, and should have village green status. In addition, Tilly Vacher has highlighted that any work JL does will obscure her view of the sea.

Lets hope he’s got the skills to sort these issues out.

I set you up nicely for that one heh Silvio?!

How many times do you see self made men appoint useless sons into a business.  We are not out of the ordinary as SL is being charitable to family - it's a  great shame he's put his son as a figurehead of BCFC and not some business where he could do no damage.

For so many of us BCFC is part of who we are and it matters.  SL you need to have people running the club who are firstly good at what they do, you trust and make you feel proud.

9 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

Look I'm not here to cause any ructions but I'm just ever so slightly curious as to what our chairman's JL working day entails...

Reading a daily status update from the CEO on what's happening and a phone call once a week to to the CEO to talk over the latest revelations.

Think of him as having absolute power and no way of exercising it other than through a quiet word in the ear of MA. The real power comes from having the ability to remove MA and replace him with someone else but this action shines a light on him very brightly so won't be used unless absolutely necessary.

I used to work with Jon at HL when we were both in our early 20s and, for what it's worth, the caricature of him on here is completely unfair.

He was a humble and shy bloke who was smart and capable. As a City fan, he had all the same memories as me - someone who started watching the club in the early 90s - and he went home and away, often preferring to sit in the away end than the directors' box.

I think the club got it very wrong with Holden, and Jon clearly shares responsibility for that, but the personal stuff and the complete guesswork about who he is and what he's like should be called out for the nonsense that it is.

3 minutes ago, Harry R said:

I used to work with Jon at HL when we were both in our early 20s and, for what it's worth, the caricature of him on here is completely unfair.

He was a humble and shy bloke who was smart and capable. As a City fan, he had all the same memories as me - someone who started watching the club in the early 90s - and he went home and away, often preferring to sit in the away end than the directors' box.

I think the club got it very wrong with Holden, and Jon clearly shares responsibility for that, but the personal stuff and the complete guesswork about who he is and what he's like should be called out for the nonsense that it is.

I'm guess he wasn't put in charge of HL corporate workwear and staff didn't have some weird polo-shirt added to their list of acceptable office apparel.

1 minute ago, Harry R said:

Yep. Well said. 

I do cringe at some of the stuff on here about Jon sometimes. While Jon (and Steve) are not above criticism some of the stuff posted is way, way below the belt and unjustified. 

Ashton deserves it though ?

9 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Well said.

32 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Good post. My brother also worked with Jon at HL and gave a similar impression. Jon also helped my brother to get a city shirt signed by the squad.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We were there for fortnight for our 20th anniversary and went to three different public beaches, so I don't tuink you were trying hard enough. :) .

We loved it, even if eating out meant taking out a 2nd mortgage. :)

Don't confuse Hotel beaches with Public ones. There are two, but only one is of any size.

You'd soon know the difference if you wern't an obvious tourist.

Which you obviously were.

Locals get turfed from Hotel beaches PDQ

Lived in Quarry Rd for a year , worked at the Bank Of Butterfield, which is a bit different to  going on holiday.

House on the right. The tourists used to come off their rented scooters on the corner of Harrington Sound Rd daily.?

Much to the locals amusement.

Seriously - it was a real dump.

Capture.thumb.JPG.a70d84dd4eb39c57849284f716d1d7af.JPG

Well he must have got the purchase through without objection, now he's working on the alterations and new pool. Nice to keep busy I guess as he can't have much else that needs his attention.

https://bernews.com/2021/01/official-govt-legal-notices-jan-22-2021/

St. George

Jon & Karen Lansdown P0021‑21

10 Shell Point Road

St. George’s BM HS02

Proposed swimming pool with horizon edge, hot tub and pool deck with pump rooms below, new backwash pit with sand filter, roof over existing pergolas, new master bathroom, bathroom and closet additions, internal renovations to existing cottage.

[Final Approval]

Archived