IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Henry

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh agree , Cardiff had parachute payments but didn’t sign anyone of note , just some Cheap shithousing players who fit there system and style

Prevented them needing to sell players and meant they could offer more in wages than their non parachute competitors all the same.

Cardiff btw have utilised this system well- from 2013/14-present they've either had PL money or Parachute money.

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

This should be of great concern to the owner.

Who has been leaking these items ? Someone is briefing the press directly on this. It was also noted by people on here how Gregor had suddenly got bold with his criticism of the team and in particular Holden. He has been outspoken on the team and Holden. Historically a punchy article was followed by a sickly positive one. 

Come on Gregor, what about an article about the poor player recruitment results, that we are signing 30 plus year olds, that are injury prone. How about an article on that topic. Hopefully his mole will be as forthcoming. 

But Steve L really needs to find who has been leaking information and fire them. 

Is a leaky industry- comes with the territory. ?‍♂️

Arguably clubs are, or would like to be, PR Fortresses but leaks happen for all manner of reasons, motivations etc. Just to be expected. All manner of football related stories that clubs would prefer to keep in-house find their way into the public domain.

19 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

amount of money spent by clubs on players to get promoted, so to build a squad I looked at for instance Leeds the 3 years prior to promotion

Ah, ok.

I probably won’t be able to answer then.  To explain, if I recruit 5 free transfers on £40k per week (£2m pa), that will look better than a club paying fees and lower wages, when it might not be the case.

I guess that’s why in the main I use club financial accounts in many of my arguments, as I like to use total costs of the club.

Sorry I can’t help.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ah, ok.

I probably won’t be able to answer then.  To explain, if I recruit 5 free transfers on £40k per week (£2m pa), that will look better than a club paying fees and lower wages, when it might not be the case.

I guess that’s why in the main I use club financial accounts in many of my arguments, as I like to use total costs of the club.

Sorry I can’t help.

I am sure yours is the correct way, it was looking for a quick easy answer to compare what we had spend compared to what other had or had not achieved promotion with 

50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Prevented them needing to sell players and meant they could offer more in wages than their non parachute competitors all the same.

Cardiff btw have utilised this system well- from 2013/14-present they've either had PL money or Parachute money.

Yeh very true , when another team without current parachute payments get promoted like Brentford it’s only gonna get harder for us 

18 hours ago, Harry said:

Why should they be fired? 
One can only assume that whomever is feeding the stories to Gregor actually has the best interest of the club at heart. 
Ashton is only serving his own interests. 
Whoever is leaking these stories is trying to put right what ONCE WENT wrong. They should be promoted, not fired!! 

Dr Samuel Beckett. We’re on to a winner if he’s arrived, we need all the help we can get. The very best of human kind, so should fit in well. Oh boy. COYR 

21 hours ago, petehinton said:

The silence is deafening btw. Not a peep/interview/statement around Holden across a full day and a half?

Maybe the media team are all busy working on their CVs for the Mark Ashton stooge Head Coach job.

15 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Perhaps some of us appreciate what the Landowns have done for the club and whilst I can understand questioning some of the decisions or criticism ( I also think mistakes have been made) its the constant unfounded dross and snide remarks for the sake of it that I and others get fed up of.

But its a forum so you can talk as much sh1t as you want.

Although a number of poster seem to want rid or are very critical of what they do, which is always easy with hindsight or whilst only being furnished with some of the facts and reasoning behind decisions, but are never able to offer an viable alternative.

Totally agree.

Jon Lansdown is the ideal Chairman of Bristol City for one simple reason: he can be wholly trusted to always act in the best interest of the owners of the club; the Lansdown family.

And that's good enough.  Alan Sugar has his children running his subsidiaries as does Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Packer for just that reason.

My only criticism of him would be for approving those shirt designs.  My word.

20Bristol125_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Off topic, but I really wouldn’t call an MP’s salary obscene- I doubt the decent ones get a brilliant hourly rate if they booked all their hours.

How many decent ones do you know? 

How many MP’s have second, third, fourth jobs?

I, like most of the population, struggle with the demands of just one job for significantly less than they get paid.....and, remind me, all these recesses that make teachers holidays look ungenerous. Of course the MPs claim they are working throughout the recesses - as if doing that is abnormal. 

Vast majority of MP’s are fodder for their ‘Executive’. Sit on the back benches - grunt occasionally to show others you’re still wake (although some don’t even manage that) - then go off for your tax-payer subsidised gin and tonic and caviar. Hard life. ... and once it’s over claim your inflation-proofed pension.

They’re the only people I know in the public sector who are not under continuous performance scrutiny, regular reviews and subject to benchmarking comparison analysis. Could easily half the number of MPs without any impact on Parliament’s performance. 

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Jon Lansdown is the ideal Chairman of Bristol City for one simple reason: he can be wholly trusted to always act in the best interest of the owners of the club; the Lansdown family.

Every single director has a fiduciary duty, under both common law and under the Companies Act 2006, to act in the best interest of the companies they are directors for the benefit of its shareholders. Contained within that concept are several specific duties. I won't list those here, but they are pretty common sense, and Chapter 2 of the Companies Act 2006 is freely available online for anyone that wants to know what they are.

Every director therefore has a legal obligation to do what you say JL will do solely because of his relationship with his father. That relationship is therefore moot, and so I believe it would be better to have an independent chairman who is very much not related to the Lansdown family. A professional, experienced, likely older, person who can effectively hold the board to account, and in doing so can protect the interests of the shareholders, and therefore the fans, without being subject to accusations of nepotism, incompetence, fettered discretion, self-interest, or favouritism.

I would recommend that JL step-aside as Chairman and take a non-executive director role on the board if the Lansdown's want board representation. Alternatively give the Lansdown's a right to have an observer in all board and shareholder meetings. 

I'm in a sad minority here but I'd honestly love Twentyman or MacGregor to swot up on corporate governance and Director's duties, and then put some proper questions to Steve Lansdown on the subject.

Just looked up this guy's 'career'. 

Nepotism at its finest

BA in Management and Economics at Southampton.

Followed by every job given to him by daddy. The help desk at Hargreaves Lansdown for 4 years.

2 years with the New Stadium Team at Bristol City (that was a real success wasn't it) and then Chair at Bristol City. He has done absolutely nothing without parental support. Incredible that this type of decision is seen as acceptable. Even if he is a figurehead there is absolutely no credibility and clearly no challenge to Ashton from the Chairman.

woeful governance structure.

Archived