IGNORED

COOK is still out there

AppyDAZE

What an awkward phone call that’ll be....

MA “Hi Paul, it’s Mark Ashton”

PC “Yep?”

MA  “Well, as you’ve probably heard our short experiment didn’t work out like we’d hoped it would”

PC “You’ve rang me to tell me that?”

MA “Erm... no. *Cough* But do you fancy the challenge seeing as you were our 3rd choice a few months back?”

PC “......”

DO we know if he has some outstanding contractual commitments or notice period at Wigan?

There were rumours of this last Summer, I suspect the administrators would be pushing for full compensation if so.

If he resigned on the grounds he wasn't walking into another job and appeared in one, I'd be asking q's as an administrator.

1 minute ago, MATT BCFC said:

He seems far too big of a character for SL to employ him. 

Would happily be proven wrong mind! 

And that’s the problem, we are crying out for a character not someone who spouts cliches and footballisms 

say it as it is and knows the game 

28 minutes ago, grifty said:

Out of interest, what would happen if a Cook or Howe came in and weren't able to get the results/performances everyone is expecting from them? Whose fault would it be then?

You can never guarantee any managerial appointment will be a success but there is a much higher chance of it if you appoint experienced, provenly successful managers like Cook, rather than inexperienced novices who have never proved themselves worthy of a Championship job like Lee Johnson and Holden.

I'd have thought Paul Cook would be very interested in the Bristol City job. I'm surprised by the rumour that he turned it down after Johnson's sacking. The only possible drawback is geography. He left Pompey for Wigan which seemed a retrograde step unless being so much closer to Merseyside was a factor.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So? Are we a more attractive, or less attractive proposition, than the summer?

I think your hypothesis will be proven right, but arguably more attractive.

Pressure off for this season aside from stay up. We should manage that with new manager impetus.

Potential to clear out lots of the squad in summer with possible return to crowds and thus more money to spend. 

Club might view things differently now and acknowledge previous way of working needs review. 

Archived