IGNORED

One More Yes Man and You've Lost the Fan Base...

Dean, no one blames you for taking the job but carrying on the previous failed regime has had the expected result and it was clear tonight that the players no longer respected the position

The buck for this debacle stops firmly at the door of Mark Ashton. The best man for the job, selected by Ashton has taken us in a downward spiral to the extent that if we don't pull up soon,  with 7 straight losses and 15 defeats, we will be flirting with relegation

The model is flawed, broken, it has to change. Mark Ashton should be removed altogether but if not, he has to be removed from player recruitment and we MUST have an experienced manager who can bring in the players they want, not ones that we have earmarked to sell on for a profit to try and get a tune out of

Not too long ago, Brentford were minnows compared to this club but they, and so many others, have passed us by whilst we just idle along with coaches who have no idea how to play attacking football, just this life ending tedious possession based pile of rubbish that has taken over football now

We were promised a top quality appointment last time but instead, we got the Poundland special offer. Better get it right this time, or long term supporters (and some potential new ones), fed up with the incompetent management of this club on the field of play, will turn their back on the club.

One last chance to employ the experienced manager this club so badly needs...

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

For the last ******* time, the buck does not stop at Mark Ashton. It stops at the man that appointed both Mark Ashton and Dean Holden - Steve Lansdown. 

The interview last night actually confirmed that but people seem to think that because it's Steve's money and Steve's club we should all be eternally grateful and that the man cannot be critically analysed for any decision that HIS CLUB makes.........

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

For the last ******* time, the buck does not stop at Mark Ashton. It stops at the man that appointed both Mark Ashton and Dean Holden - Steve Lansdown. 

Well he's not going anywhere is he, its the bloke who keeps employing yes men (because he won't stand for a challenge to his role) who is responsible

Just now, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Well he's not going anywhere is he, its the bloke who keeps employing yes men (because he won't stand for a challenge to his role) who is responsible

Did you hear what Steve said about Teflon last night? About the unfair criticism and what a great job he does?

I'd keep MA for negotiating deals, contracts, football league etc...but nothing more. And if that costs £500k do it...it's what's needed.

Leave the football to the coach. Let him be accountable only. For the football and identification/scouting.

That way there is no grey areas.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I'd keep MA for negotiating deals, contracts, football league etc...but nothing more. And if that costs £500k do it...it's what's needed.

Leave the football to the coach. Let him be accountable only. For the football and identification/scouting.

The only problem I have with that is, do you mean Head Coach/Manager picks players basically?

We recruit Manager X with a specific style of play, he recruits players and lots of them to that style- it goes to shit, but we have a set of players on decent contracts who are only suitable to one way- limits the options somewhat!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The only problem I have with that is, do you mean Head Coach/Manager picks players basically?

We recruit Manager X with a specific style of play, he recruits players and lots of them to that style- it goes to shit, but we have a set of players on decent contracts who are only suitable to one way- limits the options somewhat!

At least we’d have a ‘style’.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That's exactly what the problem is. To do that he will need to cut Ashton's salary probably by at least 40% to fund a DOF and Steve knows if he does that Ashton walks.

I don't think that there will be people falling over themselves to offer him a role at an exorbitant salary. If he was that good, how come he ended up here and not in the prem..? Should think himself lucky he's still got a job...

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Is he the only person capable of doing that to justify us spending that amount of money on him?

1 minute ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

I don't think that there will be people falling over themselves to offer him a role at an exorbitant salary. If he was that good, how come he ended up here and not in the prem..? Should think himself lucky he's still got a job...

Was elected to the EFL Board by his peers, as one of the Divisional Club Reps?

He's probably replaceable though.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I can understand what the club were trying to achieve, but recruitment and results show it hasn’t worked. We have a wide selection of players but no team. The experiment failed. 

As others have said, I am pretty sure that the current bunch can do a LOT better, it's just that we have had NO STYLE OR PATTERN OF PLAY other than aimless passing for the sake of it since Cotts left...

That's just basic...

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well the project , five pillars and appointing within has worked well hasnt it

Left with a squad of misfits with no backbone and a pathetic attitude

As others have said, I am pretty sure that the current bunch can do a LOT better, it's just that we have had NO STYLE OR PATTERN OF PLAY other than aimless pasing for the sake of it since Cotts left...

That's just basic...

That was the issue with recruiting Holden, it was just a continuation. The club needs a shake up. It just feels we’ve been drifting since the cup run.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Well the project , five pillars and appointing within has worked well hasnt it

Left with a squad of misfits with no backbone and a pathetic attitude

I don't know how well some have been tactically setup- there's always a risk with giving a manager carte blanche though.

No excuse for the backbone and attitude- especially with Senior Players though I did think the performance albeit in defeat vs Brentford had something to build on but it's been getting worse and worse since then.

Hopefully no more appointments from within certainly. Some pillars seem strong, some seem creaky.

As others have said, I am pretty sure that the current bunch can do a LOT better, it's just that we have had NO STYLE OR PATTERN OF PLAY other than aimless passing for the sake of it since Cotts left...

That's just basic...

Thats not true - until we sold Bobby we had an entertaining pressing style - we just never recruited or coached it again. Weimann was not the right replacement and has very different attributes (even if he does run a lot) 

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a bit drastic, we've had worse teams. Or worse individuals anyway.

Not drastic at all, majority of the squad having bloody awful.

How many players can we say have actually performed to a high standard.

I don't think any manager could sort this lot out, very average bunch championship players at best.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What's the alternative...what we already have?

MA budget and negotiation.

Coach and scouting/analysis only.

That way there is black and white.

A goes to B. Says he wants so and so. B says we can at this price.

Then make decisions.

I want MA to say he had no input into who we want, apart from budget available. That way everyone is accountable.

Archived