IGNORED

Who is available? genuine options. Who's your realistic next HC

Robin-hugh-blind

The problem with all this is whether anything else is changing in our structure.

If not I find it very hard to believe any experienced Championship manager will be that interested. Much more likely to be somebody ‘up and coming’ who fancies their shot at a step up.

I genuinely don’t know. We need someone to rip it up and start again l, but we know we won’t get that. 

The last managerial appointment was our big chance to take the club to the next level and we ****** it up, as a result this one feels oddly insignificant. We’re heading backwards

Strip back Ashton’s role - give the new guy coming in control over most of our footballing strategy and it is an attractive job. We could be surprised. (Howe, Lampard, Bilic).

Leave the structure as it is and we will carry on as we are and be underwhelmed. (Ryan Lowe, Darren Moore, Paul Simpson).

Get somewhere in the middle (which I think is what will happen) and we get Cook, Alex Neil, or Nigel Adkins.

It will be Cook or Neil. I had heard we wanted Neil in the summer but the compensation was a massive stumbling block.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Strip back Ashton’s role - give the new guy coming in control over most of our footballing strategy and it is an attractive job. We could be surprised. (Howe, Lampard, Bilic).

Leave the structure as it is and we will carry on as we are and be underwhelmed. (Ryan Lowe, Darren Moore, Paul Simpson).

Get somewhere in the middle (which I think is what will happen) and we get Cook, Alex Neil, or Nigel Adkins.

It will be Cook or Neil. I had heard we wanted Neil in the summer but the compensation was a massive stumbling block.

I’d go further

Might not he popular but I’d be asking Simon Jordan whether he fancies a nice CEO role

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The problem with all this is whether anything else is changing in our structure.

If not I find it very hard to believe any experienced Championship manager will be that interested. Much more likely to be somebody ‘up and coming’ who fancies their shot at a step up.

Which is why I fancied Lowe at Plymouth...who signed a new 3 year contract with them 5 days ago.

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Who would be your prediction? Do you think we will go for a name, experience or someone like Ryan Lowe?

I’d like to think they’ll swallow their pride and go for someone experienced and ready ala Cook. If he’s already been rejected in the summer for Holden he may not want to try again.

Really like Ryan Lowe, in fact I like everything Simon Hallett is doing at Plymouth right now. In terms of an upcoming, English, young manager he'd be the one to go for. Only Darren Moore at Donny is currently "ahead" of him in league position at least. Have a feeling Lowe's ceiling is higher though. 

I'd like us to look at upcoming, English speaking, German managers that have been through their 8 month intensive training programme personally but that's unlikely to happen.

SL remains quite unpredictable. This appointment has been disastrous and he needs to save face quickly, so I think an experienced man ain't out of the question. 

But if the past tells us anything, it's unlikely to be an appointment that unifies supporters. 

5 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Possibly one, maybe two of your initial list are a bit chequebook manageresque- but I take your general point.

Cook I wouldn't mind.

11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Why oh why would he come here? 

Supposedly increasingly frustrated about lack of finances to invest in the playing squad, he'll get given barley a tenth of what he makes on player sales, couldn't afford Wells or Palmer when they moved to us after publicly saying he'd want to work with them at Preston, frankly does a great job on a small budget (PNE's wages probably in bottom 3rd) and is prepared to be part of a club plan to sell players and re-invest, allow him to take what he's done at Preston and work it on a higher scale with players he actually wants to work with rather than who he gets lumped with because its all they can afford.

15 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Any decent manager will have us over a barrel now

Should have appointed properly in the summer

However.... that means that to get a decent manager, Steve will have to reign in Ashton’s responsibilities. So, in an odd sort of way, this little hiatus may be good for the Club and our future.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really like Ryan Lowe, in fact I like everything Simon Hallett is doing at Plymouth right now. In terms of an upcoming, English, young manager he'd be the one to go for. Only Darren Moore at Donny is currently "ahead" of him in league position at least. Have a feeling Lowe's ceiling is higher though. 

I'd like us to look at upcoming, English speaking, German managers that have been through their 8 month intensive training programme personally but that's unlikely to happen.

SL remains quite unpredictable. This appointment has been disastrous and he needs to save face quickly, so I think an experienced man ain't out of the question. 

But if the past tells us anything, it's unlikely to be an appointment that unifies supporters. 

If you had to predict a 3 man short list who do you think would be on yours?

Any think there's a chance of us doing what we sometimes do when we need a new striker and raiding a foreign second division? Some bloke called Laurent Batlles currently has Troyes AC running away with French Ligue 2. Offer him a job in England coaching Massengo?

He might at least be up for the battle.

Archived