IGNORED

Who is available? genuine options. Who's your realistic next HC

Robin-hugh-blind

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Any think there's a chance of us doing what we sometimes do when we need a new striker and raiding a foreign second division? Some bloke called Laurent Batlles currently has Troyes AC running away with French Ligue 2. Offer him a job in England coaching Massengo?

He might at least be up for the battle.

Read the first name and thought you were going to suggest trying to lure Laurent Blanc away from Qatar

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

In what way ?

( Though I wouldn’t bet against it )

Posted elsewhere, promotion to his name, done a great job at Preston working on a small budget, is willing to work as part of system which sees him lose his best players regularly, was constantly outpriced on players he wanted (known to have wanted both Wells and Palmer), apparently frustrated at PNE with how little he's given to work on as he supposedly gets about a tenth of any transfer fee to reinvest. Let him take what he's done at Preston and scale up the finances involved so he can work with players he wants to as opposed to players he has to due to not being able to afford anyone else.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Posted elsewhere, promotion to his name, done a great job at Preston working on a small budget, is willing to work as part of system which sees him lose his best players regularly, was constantly outpriced on players he wanted (known to have wanted both Wells and Palmer), apparently frustrated at PNE with how little he's given to work on as he supposedly gets about a tenth of any transfer fee to reinvest. Let him take what he's done at Preston and scale up the finances involved so he can work with players he wants to as opposed to players he has to due to not being able to afford anyone else.

He wanted Wells and Palmer ?

Definite no thanks from me then

Boring man , boring gamesmanship Based football 

A big no thanks from me 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

He wanted Wells and Palmer ?

Definite no thanks from me then

Boring man , boring gamesmanship Based football 

A big no thanks from me 

He wanted one of the top scorers in the division and a player whose shown they can be exciting in the right system ?‍♂️ We've given Wells nothing like the service he was given at QPR, any wonder he hasn't been able to come close to replicating his scoring form?

Just now, Lrrr said:

He wanted one of the top scorers in the division and a player whose shown they can be exciting in the right system ?‍♂️ We've given Wells nothing like the service he was given at QPR, any wonder he hasn't been able to come close to replicating his scoring form?

In your opinion

Wells has never scored 20 in a season

His QPR few months out of kilt 

As for Palmer - he hasn’t convinced 5 managers to date incl Cooper and Mowbray - Not a eleven a side footballer

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

In your opinion

Wells has never scored 20 in a season

His QPR few months out of kilt 

As for Palmer - he hasn’t convinced 5 managers to date incl Cooper and Mowbray - Not a eleven a side footballer

Wells can however be a 15 ish goal a season striker and he's looked nothing like that in our system, again not providing the right chances for him. It feels like it was never looked at what type of chances he converts but 'can he fit to our system' which so far he hasn't.

Just now, Lrrr said:

Wells can however be a 15 ish goal a season striker and he's looked nothing like that in our system, again not providing the right chances for him. It feels like it was never looked at what type of chances he converts but 'can he fit to our system' which so far he hasn't.

Blame Johnson for buying him without a plan and Ashton for allowing it

There's worse out there for sure , but I wouldn’t be endorsing Alex Neil over interest in him

1 hour ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Personally I think Paul cook 

Eddie Howe seems out of reach. 

Someone foreign?

But your title says, "realistic".

Let's face it, the "realistic" options are:

1: Michael Appleton

2: Paul Simpson 

3: Darren Moore 

4: Worse 

So, I'll take number 3 please.

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Blame Johnson for buying him without a plan and Ashton for allowing it

There's worse out there for sure , but I wouldn’t be endorsing Alex Neil over interest in him

I agree it wouldn't be a reason to look at Neil more so a side benefit if we were interested, one of the reasons we were told Dean got the job was knowing the players, presumably anyone interviewed about this job (if we do) will be asked which of the squad they want to work with, a manager/head coach who wants to work with more of the squad than recruit would probably stand a better chance.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I agree it wouldn't be a reason to look at Neil more so a side benefit if we were interested, one of the reasons we were told Dean got the job was knowing the players, presumably anyone interviewed about this job (if we do) will be asked which of the squad they want to work with, a manager/head coach who wants to work with more of the squad than recruit would probably stand a better chance.

Would you want to watch his football Lrrr ?

His Preston side are a disgrace in their gamesmanship 

Only Promotion would in any way have a chance of justifying it and I wouldn’t be lumping too much on that 

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

But your title says, "realistic".

Let's face it, the "realistic" options are:

1: Michael Appleton

2: Paul Simpson 

3: Darren Moore 

4: Worse 

So, I'll take number 3 please.

Realistic in this division 

1. Mark Robins 
  2. Gareth Ainsworth
  3. Alex Neil
  4. Paul Warne

There are definitely some out there, question is whether we're interested, those out of a job atm with experience in this division but realistic would include

• Neil Harris
  • Gary Monk
  • Nigel Adkins
  • Danny Cowley

Not saying I would or wouldn't go for any of them but don't think there's a need to look below this division unless its what we want.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Would you want to watch his football Lrrr ?

His Preston side are a disgrace in their gamesmanship 

Only Promotion would in any way have a chance of justifying it and I wouldn’t be lumping too much on that 

I think the overriding question about his style of play is it his preferred way or is it a case of making do given he can't recruit how he'd like? Having to sign players like Billy Bodin and Jayden Stockley when losing the likes of Jordan Hugill and Callum Robinson. I'd very much take a coach with his idea out of possession play if he wanted to work here without the gamesmanship. I more look at Neil as a genuine candidate because of the system he's prepared to work in and from what seems to be the accepted truth of our system sounds like he'd be willing to work in it, just we didn't want to pay the reported £3m compensation last summer, now he has less than 18 months left on his contract so that figure will be going down quickly.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Realistic in this division 

1. Mark Robins 
  2. Gareth Ainsworth
  3. Alex Neil
  4. Paul Warne

There are definitely some out there, question is whether we're interested, those out of a job atm with experience in this division but realistic would include

• Neil Harris
  • Gary Monk
  • Nigel Adkins
  • Danny Cowley

Not saying I would or wouldn't go for any of them but don't think there's a need to look below this division unless its what we want.

Ah!

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think the overriding question about his style of play is it his preferred way or is it a case of making do given he can't recruit how he'd like? Having to sign players like Billy Bodin and Jayden Stockley when losing the likes of Jordan Hugill and Callum Robinson. I'd very much take a coach with his idea out of possession play if he wanted to work here without the gamesmanship. I more look at Neil as a genuine candidate because of the system he's prepared to work in and from what seems to be the accepted truth of our system sounds like he'd be willing to work in it, just we didn't want to pay the reported £3m compensation last summer, now he has less than 18 months left on his contract so that figure will be going down quickly.

I think any  justification  for the disgraceful gamesmanship there hollow tbh

Castigated by PNE fans for his defensive approach 

I wouldn’t bet against him coming here though - but I wouldn’t want him

Not pro the Neill idea but think they had a very reasonable midfield, unsure how much was put together by him.

Pearson-Browne-Johnson? Ledson and Potts in reserve. Certainly worse midfields around! Okay so Pearson has gone, but they also added Molumby on loan and Whiteman who was looked at by a few clubs IIRC.

Barkhuizen in wide areas got a few goals too IIRC? As for Neill- think his Norwich side were not bad to watch.

Archived