IGNORED

Runners and Riders - New Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Next City Manager   

1030 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Chucking a name out there based on nothing

Emma Hayes

Basically laughed off the proposition of having to take a L1 job and start lower down the football pyramid just to get into the mens game, very well respected, would have a point to prove entering the mens game, would compensation really be that much coming from the womens game?

I wouldn't mind her in charge.  She would seriously bust some balls which quite frankly is what's needed.  She's worked on the radio a bit and has an oustanding understanding of tactics.  She was doing a Spurs cup game last season and picked Mourinho's team selection to pieces early on stating where they were likely to get found out. Proved spot on.  

It would turn us into a media frenzy a bit but we would gain a lot of traction for being forward thinking etc...  

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Emma Hayes

Basically laughed off the proposition of having to take a L1 job and start lower down the football pyramid just to get into the mens game, very well respected, would have a point to prove entering the mens game, would compensation really be that much coming from the womens game?

Sorry Lrrrrr

But I’ve heard it all now

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Emma Hayes

Completely the wrong time for that sort of experiment. Would be an enormous risk and the board would never take such a risk in these circumstances.

Looks like the odds have been cut quite a lot on Cook & Howe, also Appleton & Russel after GMC tweet earlier. I know does not mean a lot as can be just bets placed, but interesting

Paul Cook 5/4 Eddie Howe 3/1 Michael Appleton 4/1 Russell Martin 8/1 Danny Cowley 10/1 Alex Neil 12/1 Frank Lampard 12/1 John Terry 12/1 Nigel Pearson 12/1 Paul Simpson 12/1

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Looks like the odds have been cut quite a lot on Cook & Howe, also Appleton & Russel after GMC tweet earlier. I know does not mean a lot as can be just bets placed, but interesting

Paul Cook 5/4 Eddie Howe 3/1 Michael Appleton 4/1 Russell Martin 8/1 Danny Cowley 10/1 Alex Neil 12/1 Frank Lampard 12/1 John Terry 12/1 Nigel Pearson 12/1 Paul Simpson 12/1

Someone's lumped £20 on Cookie, and some loose change on a few of the others.

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not having a go, but I think we learned from Holden’s appointment that the whole manager betting game is a farce.

3 hours ago, Sarumred said:

I hope the decision is made fairly quickly and not left until the summer which would mean Simpson in temporary charge for the rest of the season. 

Reckon it will just be a short-term appointment until the end of the season, can’t see any sense it being Simpson, which almost certainly means it will be until the end of the season! 

I cant see too many candidates wanting to take the job on and keeping our large coaching team

simpson, downing, mountain,gilmartin,cisse

especially if he wants to bring his own staff with him.

So it will either prove to be a stumbling block to getting a new HC or will cost loads of money  to

pay them all off.

Archived