IGNORED

Runners and Riders - New Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Next City Manager   

1030 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

McInnes arrived at the wrong time sadly. The club was a mess behind the scenes by all accounts and he was also challenged with having to reduce the wage bill at the same time.

Despite his time at City I think he’s still a very good manager

One of Dels problems was a major lack of time on the training pitch. 

To much shit going on at the time and not enough actual coaching and training of the team. 

54 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

One person not on the list who has more chance than most on there is Mark Robins. Not my choice but been strongly linked before. I always had a funny feeling that Dean was keeping the seat warm for him. Couldn't leave Coventry last summer following promotion but may have been tempted this summer.

Ainsworth would be another...taken Wycombe as far as he can, time for a new challenge etc

I like Ainsworth.  I like Warne at Rotherham too.

Not sure they’ll end up here, but they are both managers I have a lot of respect for.

I still recall chatting to my dad when GJ was appointed and having concerns about a lower league manager coming in to a “big / bigger club” like City, and how he’d cope with better quality / bigger ego players.

I learned from that to not be so snobbish, and if they’re the right manager, they’re the right manager, irrespective of background.

I do have a lot of time for those managers who’ve had to do it the hard way, with limited resources, who understand how critical every pound spent is.  I think we have forgotten that of late.

So I’ll remain open minded about who we get in.  

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure they’ll end up here, but they are both managers I have a lot of respect for.

I still recall chatting to my dad when GJ was appointed and having concerns about a lower league manager coming in to a “big / bigger club” like City, and how he’d cope with better quality / bigger ego players.

I learned from that to not be so snobbish, and if they’re the right manager, they’re the right manager, irrespective of background.

I do have a lot of time for those managers who’ve had to do it the hard way, with limited resources, who understand how critical every pound spent is.  I think we have forgotten that of late.

I remember when GJ came in just knowing it would work out, he just seemed like the right manager at the right time, same as Danny Wilson although he never quite got the success the football deserved.  

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I remember when GJ came in just knowing it would work out, he just seemed like the right manager at the right time, same as Danny Wilson although he never quite got the success the football deserved.  

Felt the same with GJ and Cotts - just seemed exactly the right fit.

The one I got wrong was Del, who I thought would be here for much longer.

A case of right man, wrong time as it turned out perhaps. 

I like Pearson but he strikes me as an ambitious type and if he didn't think the board were delivering he would quickly tell them what he thought. I think Howe is probably waiting for a Prem job and can't see him coming down to the championship for us, shame because he might suit our playing squad quite well. Paul Cook is a more realistic option that might be a good mix of styles, beyond that I have doubts about pretty much all of the other names listed.

The ‘feel’ of this sacking was that maybe we had got our ducks in a row on this one, and had a preferred candidate to bring in quickly if it came to the need to move on after Reading.

I know the club wants to do things the right way, but increasingly my ‘feel’ looks very naive. If it really is a case of back to the market, instead of 16 games to turn it around, the new manager could have half of that.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I have long thought Warne has done a remarkable job at Rotherman and I'm surprised he never seems to be linked with jobs.

He is also rather more interesting in interviews than most I have found. Plus he comes across as a good human!

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

I have long thought Warne has done a remarkable job at Rotherman and I'm surprised he never seems to be linked with jobs.

He is also rather more interesting in interviews than most I have found. Plus he comes across as a good human!

I haven’t heard his interviews but I bet he’s a master of spin...

Sorry, the lack of new manager rumours is getting to me...

Archived