IGNORED

Mark Ashton

Alan Dicks

He took 7 weeks to choose the assistant of a failed boss as the outstanding candidate, out of hundreds of quality applicants ... and then had to sack him after 6 months ... his ego must have taken a battering tonight...  so do I trust him to make the correct next appointment.... Hell No ... 

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Remember this. Guilty as charged. His position is untenable isn't it? The Lansdown puppet looks a busted flush to me. 

Going on that interview...he hangs himself.

Saying convinced they've made the right decision and that others were suitable shows that his and the boards judgement, as well as SL'S...again...was wrong. Hung out to dry. They made a massive error.

I'd respect them more if they admitted it.

8 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Remember this. Guilty as charged. His position is untenable isn't it? The Lansdown puppet looks a busted flush to me. 

Assume Hughton was one of the other 3 interviewed in depth, wonder who the other 2 were and whether they're who could be taking over next

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Christ, I couldn't make it to the end. As a fan base, we were massively against the appointment but quickly got behind him. We could all see the club made a mess of this process and this sacking isn't really Holden's failure. He knew it was a big step up but an opportunity he couldn't turn down and if it was Ashton who recruited him, it is on his scorecard. This club really needs to restructure at the end of the season as its a mess in just about every department.

Just now, Coppello said:

Christ, I couldn't make it to the end. As a fan base, we were massively against the appointment but quickly got behind him. We could all see the club made a mess of this process and this sacking isn't really Holden's failure. He knew it was a big step up but an opportunity he couldn't turn down and if it was Ashton who recruited him, it is on his scorecard. This club really needs to restructure at the end of the season as its a mess in just about every department.

As I said on the pod Coppello

Ashton needs to go

Steve is exiled in Guernsey

Jon is basing himself in exile in Bermuda ( And almost certainly totally incapable)

The Medical / Conditioning team needs surgery and reset

The recruitment team incl Ashton’s Brother In Law needs surgery and complete overhaul

The Coaching team needs a complete rebuild

So who is going to sort out all this and urgently

- Truly frightening moving forward 

14 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

"Knows the staff behind the scenes"

i.e. Would work under mine and the board's command because other Manager's we interviewed didn't want to.

18 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Just wondering if anyone out there actually thinks he should stay on?

What the bloke that said that after 5 weeks of extensive search they had the right guy under their nose all along and so (so say) rejected Houghton).....

of course not. 

But only yesterday Lansdown was saying what a great job Ashton was doing. 

For what, appointing the bloke that you knew you were going to sack the following day Steve? 

How good a job is that for ***** sake. 

27 minutes ago, Greedo said:

He absolutely has to go. Nothing changes until he does. 

Maybe unfairly overstated, but to many he represents everything rotten with the club. The corporatism, the disconnectedness from fans, the “Bristol Sport”-ification. Gross. Get rid. 

People like him are more common in football, especially modern football than they used to be IMO.

How different might a new CEO truly be?

I'm really mixed.

He's, overall done good on the front of infrastructure, commercial revenue, sponsorship.

Part of me feels LJ's 'clubs-in-bag' approach meant we simply bought in players (as requested) to allow different setups and counter the opposition - Ashton can only recruit based on the premise/requirements as detailed.

The issue is that the debacle of the Holden appointment has severely smashed the remaining credibility among supporters including myself.

I'd be interested to see how performs above a more experienced manager who can say 'No' to a signing. If it still fails - then that would be the final nail in the coffin.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Would love to hear Geoff Twentyman get stuck into him again.

Yeah I'd love to hear that too. I'd love to hear Twentyman play back sound bites from that last interview he done where he was trying to justify the "due diligence" they had gone through and the aims for the coming season.

Archived