IGNORED

For those of you....

Lenners

7 hours ago, Lenners said:

....that for months continued to ignore the poor performances and the trend that was following the exact same was that the previous two seasons went under Lee Johnson, and called those of us that dared to raise our concerns about it “drama queens” and even in some case “Gasheads”, I really hope this is a wake up call for you as fans when judging the performance of the next manager.

The shite that was being served up was never sustainable, without Daniel Bentley I dread to think where we’d be under Holden.

Stop settling for such abject rubbish, we deserve better as fans. We deserved to be entertained.

David Wagner. Alex Neil. Paul Cook.

Make a statement Steve Lansdown, go and get one of these managers that will bring good football and good times back to our cracking new ground, because it’s been far too ****ing long.

Well said ! They have now gone VERY quiet ....

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still stand by the Holden team I saw back end of last season and first 6-8 this season was a very different City to under LJ.  But he’s lost his way, maybe he never had it and got lucky.

But boy have we got some weak footballers in our squad, mentally and physically.  That’s gonna be a big challenge for the new boss.

Many of them should be bombed out at the end of the season though so this mental weakness is something we can change, something we have to change. If we don't release them how can we possibly expect anything to change? A few of them have nailed their colours firmly to the mast over the last four days and if we had more options some of them would have played their last game in a BCFC shirt if I was in charge.

1 hour ago, ray savino said:

How have we ended up with so many weak footballers when the club insist it instigates such a forensic look into making sure they have the right DNA?!! Or are the recruitment aspects of our club weak, therefore the players  DNA is a perfect match.

No idea.  Think it’s called leadership, and that doesn’t come with age, it can be there in any player.  On the run we are on, we really should be seeing big arguments on the pitch, not necessarily coming to blows like Orr and Carey.  What do we see - “acceptance”.

Once the players cross the white line, you need them to police their own standards.  That isn’t happening.  Again, as I posted yesterday, it’s not necessarily about shouting and bawling, but it’s making it clear that:

• Fam - that’s 3 times the CBs have had a free header from a direct pass
  • Nahki - get the effin thing under, players are committing themselves to run expecting you to hold it up
  • Taylor - you know Joao is gonna muscle you, you need to muscle him first
  • Adam - you got to do those 3 or 4 yards closing more intently, because you’re getting their too late
  • Henri - just stop the stupid trips, you’re putting us under pressure
  • Zak - care for the ball, don’t always try and hit a 50 yard “drill” that’s got 1% chance of us retaining it
  • etc

And that can come from any player, not just Kalas.  I don’t get why we don’t see this.

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

And only someone with base intelligence would accuse a genuine poster on this forum of being a gashead.

Thats the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, thank you. 

My mistake for not quoting OP or putting an emoji indicating it was tongue in cheek, but as someone DID get the 'joke', maybe the base intelligence jibe could be recycled in your direction. 

18 minutes ago, bris red said:

Where is @Bat Fastard today? The silence is deafening.....????

Still here. Sad to see anyone lose a job in such difficult circumstances.  I hope that we can find a new saviour, but we cannot uninvent the current injury crisis.  I hope for the best and fear the worst but will support the new manager with optimism and positive enthusiasm. That is my creed!

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Still here. Sad to see anyone lose a job in such difficult circumstances.  I hope that we can find a new saviour, but we cannot uninvent the current injury crisis.  I hope for the best and fear the worst but will support the new manager with optimism and positive enthusiasm. That is my creed!

‘Hope’

‘Hope’

and a bit more ‘Hope’

and some ..... ‘hope’

La li la li la

22 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm not sure what's actually worse in this thread. Calling out others as if it matters or referring to our players repeatedly as being 'mentally weak' 

We're really going down that avenue given depression and mental health issues in football seen in places like this

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12098266/scott-shearer-exclusive-interview-nobody-had-a-clue-about-my-depression

or here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_in_association_football

Staggering. 

Fans are more than entitled to criticise the mental state of a player on the football pitch which is all I’ve seen in this thread.

Making something out of nothing, move on for christ sake. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, CiderCraig said:

Thats the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, thank you. 

My mistake for not quoting OP or putting an emoji indicating it was tongue in cheek, but as someone DID get the 'joke', maybe the base intelligence jibe could be recycled in your direction. 

Yeah, because it's really easy to assess tone in text.

16 hours ago, Lenners said:

....that for months continued to ignore the poor performances and the trend that was following the exact same was that the previous two seasons went under Lee Johnson, and called those of us that dared to raise our concerns about it “drama queens” and even in some case “Gasheads”, I really hope this is a wake up call for you as fans when judging the performance of the next manager.

The shite that was being served up was never sustainable, without Daniel Bentley I dread to think where we’d be under Holden.

Stop settling for such abject rubbish, we deserve better as fans. We deserved to be entertained.

David Wagner. Alex Neil. Paul Cook.

Make a statement Steve Lansdown, go and get one of these managers that will bring good football and good times back to our cracking new ground, because it’s been far too ****ing long.

Sadly the worst is yet to come. Who ever comes in have a bang average squad, something I've mentioned before. when you break it down we are weak in key area's STILL apart from Bently which is an absolute joke but paints the picture of the last 3/4 transfer windows. Like it or not players returning or not we will be dragged into a bottom half scrap and just pray something goes are way. Lucky for the men above there has been no fans in the ground but I'm sure many like me have had a guts full of the bull and won't renew your tickets until a statement is made in the dugout. All eye's on you Ashton you CROOK!!! 

39 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Mental Health is 'pathetic'? really

Read the links, see how much things like pressure helps to cause or exacerbate mental health issues. Those names and being labelled 'weak' dont affect players when they're on the pitch then? 

Is this some new form of mental health stuff that only applies when  others deem it able to be applied then? 

I don’t overly get your point. Players are rightly or wrongly paid quite large sums of money into their bank accounts each week, in return they are expected as a minimum requirement to perform to a certain level.

Now granted whilst i agree players don’t set their wage or have any control over it they must have to take some level of responsibility and realise that with earning these amounts comes a certain amount of pressure and expectation. Let’s hope nobody within our team is suffering mental health issues but let’s again rightly or wrongly accept that pressure and expectation is a part of life and especially when doing a high flying job that means you earn in some of our squads cases a 6 figure salary a month.

I have my own electrical contracting business and it is tough, very tough in fact. I however chose  to go self employed and deal with the subsequent pressure and added stress that comes with it as i want a better life for myself and family. It’s the same with pro footballers albeit on a complete different spectrum. They go into the professional game knowing the expectations and pressure but with that the HUGE financial rewards for them and their families.
Again i will reiterate what I previously said that I genuinely hope nobody in our team is suffering from mental health issues and if they are that they have help readily available to them from the club. But i do think that you have to be careful when said individuals are in the position they are in earning the sums they are to not hold them accountable for their actions.

8 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's a strange repost and I hope that I get your point. However, defining what you do and applying it to others does not prevent mh issues from striking at any point.  The players arent actually beholden to the fans and MH can strike at any point to any one, irrespective. Labelling 'Mentally Weak' or using excuses for salary really doesnt cut the mustard. It doesnt matter what you earn or what job you do. Hence the staggering aspect of it.  Your business and your pressures are yours and how you deal with them is yours. It's not for someone else to decide who can have what MH issues where or when or that some how because they earn more or are in the public eye that they are some how better equipped or 'must be stronger' https://believeperform.com/depression-in-elite-sport/

I appreciate that mental health in elite sport is obviously an issue and I’m not knocking that, all i will say is that clinical depression and being mentally weak on a football field are two different things.
The players by and large have showed no grit or determination ON THE PITCH in recent months, players like Fam and Wells look shot of any confidence. Mentally weak is probably the wrong term to use for their performances but if Dean was telling them to go out and fight and just generally put in some effort and players were clearly failing to do that what do you put that down too? Are they are suffering from clinical depression? Or are they more than likely being lazy and not being assed to do their jobs?

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm not sure what's actually worse in this thread. Calling out others as if it matters or referring to our players repeatedly as being 'mentally weak' 

We're really going down that avenue given depression and mental health issues in football seen in places like this

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12098266/scott-shearer-exclusive-interview-nobody-had-a-clue-about-my-depression

or here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_in_association_football

Staggering. 

If a player is suffering from mental illness clearly they need support and treatment regardless of wage.

However, when people use the term mentally weak on a football forum when talking about performance I think it is reasonable to assume they are referring to lacking the mental strength to perform well in the context of being a footballer rather than suffering from depression or anxiety.

As a Professional Footballer there are huge expectations on you to perform and the biggest expectation of all is to give it your all every time you go out there. When you see a group of players capitulate like ours did at Watford and for 10 minutes before half time last night it is fair to wonder whether there is a weakness mentally there.

I’ve seen teams 3-0 down at half time playing abysmally who give it a right go second half because they have professional pride and a mindset that says “I’m not going through 45 minutes of that again”. Our boys seem to be lacking that either because they downed tools or are mentally lacking what it takes. Either way they are up for criticism.

There are plenty of Professionals on this forum who have to take out PI Insurance and they don’t have the luxury of downing tools or producing bad work because the last piece of work was crap. Because do that and their business and therefore livelihood could be in tatters when their lack of mental strength has cost their insurer millions of pounds.

All many want to see is our professionals be a little bit more.........well, professional.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hope = Fact in the land of BF.

You are confused and in error.  I HOPE that my team and management and whole club do well.  It is a FACT that we have a dozen first team players currently injured.  I HOPE they soon get better.  Unlike many on here, who appear to offer their support on a conditional basis, I always try to be positive and upbeat on all matters Bristol City, I would never boo managers/staff/players, because I believe that this would be more likely to prove counterproductive.  (I tell a lie!! I did join in the Pulis to Portsmouth song- or wherever it was that was after him. Happened at Brentford, if I recall correctly = sorry!)

Archived