IGNORED

Why no odds ?

The Humble Realist

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There is odds, but they’re just rudimentary fillers at this stage. You can tell because Pulis is on there and obviously we won’t be appointing him.

Exactly - unless an appointment is already lined up, which I suspect it isn’t, it is way too early for anyone to have any inside info on what the board are thinking.

Any odds list immediately after a manager is sacked is just a list of who is out of work.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Exactly - unless an appointment is already lined up, which I suspect it isn’t, it is way too early for anyone to have any inside info on what the board are thinking.

Any odds list immediately after a manager is sacked is just a list of who is out of work.

With prices changing based on bets placed rather than inside knowledge.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With prices changing based on bets placed rather than inside knowledge.

At this stage there won’t be many bets placed. You can tell from the amount of ‘25/1’ shots which seems to be the standard entry level odds.

I think there might have been a bit of money put on Howe as he’s the outlier there.

Probably have a better list within next 48 hours. Given the stage of the season and us being a bit desperate I can see quite a lot being leaked by agents to help their negotiating hand.

24 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I disagree , think the club may have made contact prior to sacking Dean. It was clear Dean was going on Saturday it was just a question of when 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:
Paul Cook
4/1
Alex Neil
7/1
Eddie Howe
8/1
Danny Cowley
10/1
John Terry
12/1
Nigel Adkins
12/1
Frank Lampard
14/1
Mark Hughes
14/1
Nathan Jones

I have to be honest l, any of those would do for me. My expectations are extremely low do one of those would be a nice surprise. 

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There is odds, but they’re just rudimentary fillers at this stage. You can tell because Pulis is on there and obviously we won’t be appointing him.

I'm pretty laid back generally, whilst there's things that the club do that annoy me I generally don't get too worked up. 

Appointing Pulis is one of the few things they could do now that would make me immediately walk away and find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

35 minutes ago, daored said:

I disagree , think the club may have made contact prior to sacking Dean. It was clear Dean was going on Saturday it was just a question of when 

I think, at least I hope, they club knew Saturday but realised it was too short notice to change anything for Tuesday - may as well let him have one last chance, couldn't get much worse

In the meantime, hopefully they already started making plans to approach people

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Let's not forget, for what seemed like months, Chris Hughton was the favourite last year  :facepalm:

And it’s changing all the time. Cook now favourite but these make no odds, no pun intended, whatsoever. It’s down to the used car salesman and the Bermuda Triangle to decide. 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

JL is thinking “shorts and flip flops today I reckon”. :) 

3 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I would love him to come here. ?

Can't be many that wouldn't, surely. Doesn't guarantee promotion, good football or any success. And if it doesn't work out there will be plenty of people wise in hindsight who can explain why it was never going to work out. 

But, at this point in time, given everything, if Howe was the appointment, everyone would be celebrating, no?

(I know it's just odds and it remains very, very unlikely).

Archived