IGNORED

Radio 2

NewquayRed

Radio 2 is unlistenable across almost every presenter, who all seem smug, self-satisfied and / or trying too hard to be bubbly and zany, playing usually the most middle of the road dross imaginable. Basically a retirement home for 80s 90s ex radio 1 Smashy and Nicey types or B list celebs. 

Even though I still don’t like half the music or presenters radio 6 is massively superior.

Or maybe I’m just a miserable get....

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Who the **** listens to Radio 2? That's for old farts.

No, it's not these days.

They're trying to appeal to women in their 30's & 40's apparently so it's shitty music (imo) and vacuous prattle from the likes of Zoe Ball.

Us old farts have ditched it and moved over to the likes of Boom radio where it's great music from the 60's and 70's, and earlier, all the time and no inane irritating chatter.

Was on a BBC Review Panel and told them that Radio 2 had a major case of dual-personality that made it unlistenable.

Rarely listened to it, but when I did, it was a lottery on whether they played Vera Lynn or the Foo Fighters.

They need to ditch the Radio 2  and get Jonny Vaughan and his play lists over from Radio X . The sort of stuff that appeals to a massive audience that the BBC don’t cater for.  

34 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Remember a Not the Nine O'clock News sketch in the 80's where they said Lord Lucan had been found playing centre forward for Bristol City...!!

He still is!

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Was on a BBC Review Panel and told them that Radio 2 had a major case of dual-personality that made it unlistenable.

Rarely listened to it, but when I did, it was a lottery on whether they played Vera Lynn or the Foo Fighters.

They need to ditch the Radio 2  and get Jonny Vaughan and his play lists over from Radio X . The sort of stuff that appeals to a massive audience that the BBC don’t cater for.  

Too late imo, millions who were brought up wedded to the BBC are rejecting it en masse now.

Apart from Ken Bruce Radio 2 is complete rubbish, and irritating too.

You realise just how bad it is when you move over to one of the many better alternatives that are available, in my case Boom.

Just now, cheese said:

And there was me thinking he'd been found playing in defence for the Gas.

Then again he could have been in the Bristol City treatment room for the last decade!

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ken Bruce was the only one still worth a listen last time I tuned in.

Long time ago, given up on the constantly annoying BBC in all it's forms.

I love Ken Bruce. I always think he sounds like the sort of guy you’d like to live next door. 

13 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I raise you 6 music taz...... 

I'm a Planet Rock, Classic Rock kind of guy. Only other stations tuned in my car are Kisstory, Heart Dance/80s/90s and the equivalent stations on Absolute. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I love Ken Bruce. I always think he sounds like the sort of guy you’d like to live next door. 

Yep, bit of a lad too.

6 children from 3 wives, the last child arriving when he was almost 60. 

He's 70 now - plenty of interesting life experience to relay to his listeners in his relaxed and unobtrusive voice.

I miss him a bit but Radio 2 doesn't feature in my house anymore.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Do likes a bit of radio X although that bloody speeding advert needs to slow down being played. 

Whoever thought Zoe Ball presenting a breakfast show was a good idea needs their head examining! No thanks...

Ken Bruce and Popmaster is alright, as is Pick of the Pops for a bit of nostalgia on Saturday lunchtime, and the same on Sunday afternoon with Johnny Walker, but other than that it’s Radio 4, occasionally Radio 5 for the cricket, and then 6 Music on a Sunday evening with Tom Robinson and Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone. The last of those is definitely a way of finding the interesting, the slightly bizarre and sometimes just very downright strange music.

Archived