IGNORED

Radio 2

NewquayRed

1 hour ago, NewquayRed said:

Anyone else hear the piss taking on Radio 2’s sport bulletin this morning, pretty sure I heard ‘Bristol City might wanna try winning a game’ seemed a bit familiar. 

I didn't hear that this morning. Although, I did find this cracking website: http://radio.garden/ So you can listen to our demise in multiple languages, should you wish!

12 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Got 21 on pop master just now, I was pants on the first set of questions.... 

Wasn't taking much notice this morning, was playing with the boy and making the post of him not screaming down the house :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Whoever thought Zoe Ball presenting a breakfast show was a good idea needs their head examining! No thanks...

Ken Bruce and Popmaster is alright, as is Pick of the Pops for a bit of nostalgia on Saturday lunchtime, and the same on Sunday afternoon with Johnny Walker, but other than that it’s Radio 4, occasionally Radio 5 for the cricket, and then 6 Music on a Sunday evening with Tom Robinson and Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone. The last of those is definitely a way of finding the interesting, the slightly bizarre and sometimes just very downright strange music.

Dreadful on the t.v., dreadful on the radio.

How anybody can enjoy her inane prattle, I really don't know.

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I love Ken Bruce. I always think he sounds like the sort of guy you’d like to live next door. 

Know what you mean. You could pop round and he'd lend you the drill bit you need. If you met him down the pub, he'd buy you a pint. 

And he does Popmaster.  That's the only acceptable reason for listening to R2.

43 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I found the first one slightly easier BB.

As I drive quite a bit, Ken Bruce is good and I can put up with Steve Wright, the rest, nah, spotify time.

Like PM i have scored 33 a couple of times but also scored 3. 

If Ken asked me anything post 2000 I wouldn't have a clue. 

Some cheat as one guy said "I haven't heard this before, I haven't a clue." then on 1 got the very obscure answer right, even Ken sounded sceptical... 

Don't really bother too much with the radio now but thanks to the Forever Bristol City lads I downloaded Podbean, which led me to the Ricky Gervais podcast. Every XFM episode since about 2001 (minus the tunes). Hours and hours of brilliant nonsense. If you drive a lot like I do, it's bloody perfect.

3 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Don't really bother too much with the radio now but thanks to the Forever Bristol City lads I downloaded Podbean, which led me to the Ricky Gervais podcast. Every XFM episode since about 2001 (minus the tunes). Hours and hours of brilliant nonsense. If you drive a lot like I do, it's bloody perfect.

Yep, it's good stuff. Had me in tears quite a few times. Might have to revist it.

The classic "I could eat a knob at night"!

34 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Like PM i have scored 33 a couple of times but also scored 3. 

If Ken asked me anything post 2000 I wouldn't have a clue. 

Some cheat as one guy said "I haven't heard this before, I haven't a clue." then on 1 got the very obscure answer right, even Ken sounded sceptical... 

I'm the same, luckily my daughter was around so I cheated! ?

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Too late imo, millions who were brought up wedded to the BBC are rejecting it en masse now.

Apart from Ken Bruce Radio 2 is complete rubbish, and irritating too.

You realise just how bad it is when you move over to one of the many better alternatives that are available, in my case Boom.

If Ken Bruce is that good, why haven't we signed him?

21 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Yeah I must have listened to the whole lot at least 3 times through, usually while working or doing the decorating or whatever.

Much prefer the XFM shows to any of the newer stuff... once people work out why they're funny, they inevitably start trying to manufacture it and it no longer works.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Radio 6 - Steve Lamacq for me, plays a bit of everything.

That and sport on RB as far as BBC radio is concerned. R2 went downhill years ago.

Radio 6 !!!

I don't want be accused of oneupmanship but I listen to Radio 12. Yes that's right Radio effin 12.

And before you ask, yes I've got an IPhone 12 too

(in my dreams)

Stopped listening years ago. Too much inane chatter  and phone ins. Completely hopeless play list. that doesn't appeal to anybody.

BBC should segment the programmes to meet differing  audience needs . Radio 1 for the youngsters. Radio 2 for the huge market of over 40's who grew up in the 60's and 70's and 80's utilising the wealth of fantastic music created from the 50 's onwards. Radio 3 -Classical. Radio 4 - News , interviews ,politics plays etc. Radio 5 Sport. Radio 6 new alternative music.

Their audience is rapidly falling as listeners have a choice of stations offering what people want as . Eg Magic FM .Local radio , Classic FM  ,Talksport etc.

16 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

Is this a good time to ask if anybody else finds Jeremy Vine as cringeworthy as I do? 

It was like listening to Alan Partridge. But in actual real life

Never understood why this bloke gets so much TV/Radio exposure, for a bloke doing talk shows he actually seems to know very little about real life scenarios and never lets anyone speak unless they agree with him.

8 hours ago, paignton red said:

I listen to Ken Bruce then it's turned off... J. Whine.. and as for S. "*'.\/ Wright ??

Does he still do that annoying serious jocking shite on Fridays? Gave up on Radio 2 a few years ago. Just seems to be for well to do middle class families who can go on weekend breaks constantly.

Archived