IGNORED

Radio 2

NewquayRed

9 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Stopped listening years ago. Too much inane chatter  and phone ins. Completely hopeless play list. that doesn't appeal to anybody.

BBC should segment the programmes to meet differing  audience needs . Radio 1 for the youngsters. Radio 2 for the huge market of over 40's who grew up in the 60's and 70's and 80's utilising the wealth of fantastic music created from the 50 's onwards. Radio 3 -Classical. Radio 4 - News , interviews ,politics plays etc. Radio 5 Sport. Radio 6 new alternative music.

Their audience is rapidly falling as listeners have a choice of stations offering what people want as . Eg Magic FM .Local radio , Classic FM  ,Talksport etc.

The issue is you're forgetting how long ago everything was. If you're playing music from the 90s for people who were in their 20s at the time, they are now in their 50s!

I listened to the Simon Mayo & Co Drivetime show for a few years until the arrogant R2 controller decided to wreck a winning formula by shoving in Jo Wylie as an additional presenter. It made it a mess and I stopped listening.

Jo Wylie is a perfectly decent presenter but there was no room for her in the show; it was like making Morecambe and Wise a treble act by adding another comedian.

21 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

I didn't hear that this morning. Although, I did find this cracking website: http://radio.garden/ So you can listen to our demise in multiple languages, should you wish!

My friend sent me a link to that, fabulous website. You can hear what radio stations are playing all round the globe. 

My radio station of choice is 6music until they changed the daily format after Mark Radcliffe was ill. I can’t stand Mary Anne Hobbs’ voice. Used to love RadMac, Steve Lemacq, and Mark Riley.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Was it that way round?

I remember he had a dispute with a neighbour but I don't remember who was the guilty party.

We used to sing about it in the open end. DW had a dispute with his neighbour , got hit and the neighbour was prosecuted.He must have been a big neighbour- wasn't Devon a huge lump or was I just very small those days?

21 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

We used to sing about it in the open end. DW had a dispute with his neighbour , got hit and the neighbour was prosecuted.He must have been a big neighbour- wasn't Devon a huge lump or was I just very small those days?

Cheers, I had it in the back of my mind that he was the injured party.

I remember him as being a John Fashanu type striker so yes the neighbour must have been scary.

On 17/02/2021 at 10:57, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, it's not these days.

They're trying to appeal to women in their 30's & 40's apparently so it's shitty music (imo) and vacuous prattle from the likes of Zoe Ball.

Us old farts have ditched it and moved over to the likes of Boom radio where it's great music from the 60's and 70's, and earlier, all the time and no inane irritating chatter.

Life is full of little coincidences.

I had never heard of Boom Radio prior to reading your post, so I loaded the app. on my phone yesterday.

Would you believe that the first song playing was Francoise Hardy singing All Over the World (the English version of Dans le Monde Entier)?

And it didn't stop there. I turned it on again this afternoon to be greeted by the bare-footed Sandie Shaw, singing Monsieur Dupont. 

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Life is full of little coincidences.

I had never heard of Boom Radio prior to reading your post, so I loaded the app. on my phone yesterday.

Would you believe that the first song playing was Francoise Hardy singing All Over the World (the English version of Dans le Monde Entier)?

And it didn't stop there. I turned it on again this afternoon to be greeted by the bare-footed Sandie Shaw, singing Monsieur Dupont. 

It only started last Sunday Phil, I did wonder if anyone might give it a try on my recommendation!

I like it, just gone from Bing Crosby/Grace Kelly, True Love, to The Pretenders, to Scott Mackenzie, that'll do for me.

Fair amount of Beatles too, which I've noticed you don't hear much anywhere else.

Somehow haven't heard of Francoise Hardy, giving her a listen now.

On your French theme, waiting for this one!

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It only started last Sunday Phil, I did wonder if anyone might give it a try on my recommendation!

I like it, just gone from Bing Crosby/Grace Kelly, True Love, to The Pretenders, to Scott Mackenzie, that'll do for me.

Fair amount of Beatles too, which I've noticed you don't hear much anywhere else.

Somehow haven't heard of Francoise Hardy, giving her a listen now.

On your French theme, waiting for this one!

She is very much a 1960s star, but you might find her Wiki page quite interesting.

I am sure that, were you to listen to a 'Greatest Hits' compilation, you would recognise some of her hits.

Archived