IGNORED

Key Attributes for new boss

Daniro

19 minutes ago, Daniro said:

I agree.    Poor old Dean kept saying he'd looked them in the the eye and demanded this that and the other, but you need someone who can put the fear of god into players,    it's key for management in football - 

I am not sure that is was what I was saying, as that was maybe the GJ hair dryer

Although some players do need the hard treatment, but I think the higher you get its more about respect earned within the game, because you have been there and done it, not that you are serving your apprenticeship and guessing

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

I am not sure that is was what I was saying, as that was maybe the GJ hair dryer

Although some players do need the hard treatment, but I think the higher you get its more about respect earned within the game, because you have been there and done it, not that you are serving your apprenticeship and guessing

i think I've heard Jurgen Klopp talking about "losing it" but knowing when / where it is appropriate.    I think someone like him or Guardiola  can put the fear of god in you just looking at you.    That said - it doesn't seem to be working for Klpp at the moment.

25 minutes ago, spikeislandred said:

who is the equivalent of Steve C at this level? Btw my dr daughter is gutted she didn't realise who she was looking after in the BRI!

But would she have told you? Patient confidentiality??

So glad she and her colleagues got him well again.

(And much gratitude and boundless thanks to her and all like her who have worked so hard and done so much for those hospitalised by the virus)

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A big thing will be playing our own developed players.

Some think we can't achieve success doing that. I completely disagree, I actually think we could have a very special future with the talent coming through. 

O'Leary, Vyner, Bakinson and Semenyo should definitely continue to be a part of our squad next season. Should all only get better.

Hopefully add Pring to that. So 5 minimum and maybe some others not too far away. 

Depends on system maybe, but I'm thinking defence really might need to be improved on. 2 centre backs at least and at least one new right back. 

Improving our attacking I think can come down to better coaching and tactics with what we have in attacking areas.

For example if the new head coach really likes Palmer and Wells and gets those 2 playing to more like their best then that's like 2 very good new signings. As they have been so far from their best so far many would want them gone. 

Positive football on the front foot.  Understanding how to press and being able to pass the ball well. And defensively much more solid than we currently look.

As I suggested on another thread, the next gaffer has been given a foot up by Holden whose blooding of 'da yoof' will strengthen the squad for next season.

I do recognise that many of the young players were benefactors of good fortune (injuries to others) so not all Holden's credit. 

8 minutes ago, potbelly said:

Only one question needed for me.

Have you taken a team from the Championship to the Premiership? Yes/No

No = Next
Yes = Take a seat.

I’d rather go with, have you consistently proven you can get a team playing better than the sum of their parts?

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Plays attractive attacking football .

Uses wingers who when faced with a full back try and beat their man .

Emphasise to the back 4 that a square pass does not equate to them being Paulo Maldini and  should only be used as a last resort.

Don't ever forget Football is about entertainment

Is Alf Ramsey still alive? Because this sounds like the football philosophy back then.

Barcelona under Pep were a joy to watch. I don't recall them belting down the wings or only passing forwards.

5 hours ago, sinenomine said:

For me the most important thing about the new manager is that he must be capable of building a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. 

This is critical...a nice bit of emergence like we have seen at Brentford (who sold their top players last season but have great prospects this!)

Archived